NBA 2021

DireWolfSpirit

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The rare feeling where you're thankful the refs completely fucked you over to cost you the game.

Also, Russell is trash.

good thing you didnt give up a potentially high lottery pick to get him. 

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

good thing you didnt give up a potentially high lottery pick to get him. 

That would be the behavior of the franchise that has the worst historical winning percentage of all North American pro teams...

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

That would be the behavior of the franchise that has the worst historical winning percentage of all North American pro teams...

There's nothing anyone can say to us to make the pain any more insidious. 

Is LeMelo Ball good?

The coach in me says that any player with shot mechanics that bad needs to go work with the JV squad, but according to Ben, he is an effective player whose youth and therefore inexperience is his major weakness.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 12:07 AM, Tywin et al. said:

He is going to be a monster:

I'm waiting to see if Zion can be anything besides  a lesser early Blake griffin (Blake occasionally played d competently). I doubt it.

6 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

I'm waiting to see if Zion can be anything besides  a lesser early Blake griffin (Blake occasionally played d competently). I doubt it.

He just scored 36 points on 15 shots. A few games back he was like +29 while every other starter on the team was in the negative.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

He just scored 36 points on 15 shots. A few games back he was like +29 while every other starter on the team was in the negative.

That's awesome and all...... and? Does he play defense? Nope. Is he already visibly less athletic moving that he was 2 years ago? Yep. I'm sure he'll have more amazingly stat stuffed offensive games. So what? 

I just heard them say on this broadcast that Golden State is doing a video tribute to Durant tonight...

Say what?!!?

What exactly did Kevin Durant do fo earn a video tribute?  Must be because he finally got them over the hump for a title... What?  They’d already won when he got there? Oh.  Well then the fact that he was there for so many years dedicated to the team must be it... What’s that?  He was only there three seasons?  Hmph.  Well I’ll be damned.

I got nothin.

The Pistons are doing a deep tank this season, only have 7 wins.

What's interesting is the games they have won-

Twice against Boston

Against the Lakers

Against the 76ers

Against the Nets

Against Phoenix

Against Miami

Some interesting results against a lot of the better teams while losing the rest of their games. I'm sure there's a fair amount of competitive juices with the younger guys giving it there all against the elite teams while the Lebrons, Devins, Kyries and so forth took such games for a chance to coast or rest.

Even in a recent loss to the Lakers, with both LeBron and AD playing heavy minutes, they did not vanquish Detroit till the 3rd OT.

Long story short, were gonna get a lottery pick, our young guys are getting quality, competitive minutes and I believe the turnaround to meaningful playoff basketball is coming on the other side of this tank/rebuild.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

I just heard them say on this broadcast that Golden State is doing a video tribute to Durant tonight...

Say what?!!?

What exactly did Kevin Durant do fo earn a video tribute?  Must be because he finally got them over the hump for a title... What?  They’d already won when he got there? Oh.  Well then the fact that he was there for so many years dedicated to the team must be it... What’s that?  He was only there three seasons?  Hmph.  Well I’ll be damned.

I got nothin.

:dunno:

You set the bar too high. I think anyone who played solid minutes and left somewhat amicably should get a video tribute. Durant did earn two finals MVPs as well. How many years do you think they should play? I think three or four seasons as a starter or reliable back up is good enough. Let's see if Grant and Plumlee gets one when they go to Denver.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Williamson is already a more productive offensive player than Griffin ever was.  Defensively, yeah, he's way behind there.  Which is why I don't think the comparison is very useful.  However, there has been progress recently with his defense, and he definitely has the right coach to improve.

Great clickbait. Watched more video, tried harder, never said what they actually changed, sample size of one game, two if you squint. :rolleyes:

Not saying anything about Williamson, mind. Its ESPN which disgusts me.

10 minutes ago, Proudfeet said:

Great clickbait. Watched more video, tried harder, never said what they actually changed, sample size of one game, two if you squint. :rolleyes:

Not saying anything about Williamson, mind. Its ESPN which disgusts me.

The reason I linked it is because Van Gundy emphasized the Zion's defense is improving.  Knowing him, he wouldn't just say that as some PR move or positive motivation - it's because he actually thinks that.  And I trust his evaluation a whole hell of a lot more than, well, anyone posting here at least.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

The reason I linked it is because Van Gundy emphasized the Zion's defense is improving.  Knowing him, he wouldn't just say that as some PR move or positive motivation - it's because he actually thinks that.  And I trust his evaluation a whole hell of a lot more than, well, anyone posting here at least.

Well, sure. I just think that it's so devoid of substance that it shouldn't have been published as a standalone article in the first place.

I should have expressed it more clearly before, but my criticism is aimed at ESPN only. It's not a criticism of Zion, although I do think that the sample size is tiny. Or of you, because that article is just what is at hand. Or of any of the interviewees, because teams aren't going to scout themselves for their opponents. It's a criticism of ESPN just haphazardly putting something together to take advantage of a blowout and get clicks.

Archived