NBA 2021

DireWolfSpirit

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

More importantly, is that the little traitor? 

That's him... you know, Herro is from Wisconsin.  No wonder the kid likes him.  :( 

ETA:  For anyone that can't tell, that's a limited edition cereal with Tyler Herro branding.  Generic Fruit Loops.  But the purchase does go to benefit his charitable foundation at least.  :dunno: 

27 minutes ago, Rhom said:

That's him... you know, Herro is from Wisconsin.  No wonder the kid likes him.  :( 

There's no easy way to say this, your child is Damien. Albeit more handsome.

ETA:  For anyone that can't tell, that's a limited edition cereal with Tyler Herro branding.  Generic Fruit Loops.  But the purchase does go to benefit his charitable foundation at least.  :dunno: 

Are they actually any good?

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

There's no easy way to say this, your child is Damien. Albeit more handsome.

Are they actually any good?

Just got them here at the office today.  I got two boxes so we could open one and keep one.  (I know... I know...)

We'll probably break into one later tonight.  He's got a basketball game at 7.  I mean... I figure they're good.  How difficult can it be to make a Fruit Loop like cereal???

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

How difficult can it be to make a Fruit Loop like cereal???

Well, as you say, Herro is from Wisconsin and went to Kentucky..and Fruit Loops are neither cheese nor fried chicken, so...

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, as you say, Herro is from Wisconsin and went to Kentucky..and Fruit Loops are neither cheese nor fried chicken, so...

Valid point...  

We also do bourbon well.  Could we ferment the Fruit Loops?

Please do report back on the cereal. I've always been curious if they do more than change the packaging.

Anyway, the Nuggets won by 30, but it felt like from the refs were putting more than a thumb on the scale from the third up till when the Bucks pulled their starters in the fourth. They were getting the softest calls while the Nuggets have to be clobbered to get a call. It was rather disconcerting. It feels like how I feel Tim Donaghy would have called games. :ack:

My relationship with the NBA is a broken marriage. I can't imagine leaving it, but there's just so much I dislike. The All Star Weekend is a joke in other years, and this one is still that *and* a desperate money grab *and* a health risk that the city of Atlanta explicitly does not want to be happening within its confines.

Now everyone go buy a Kia and some Gatorade.

Why not enjoy viewing an All-Star Game from a time when the players cared?  The West, led by Magic Johnson and ably supported by a terrific squad, including an outstanding game from Ralph Sampson, finally defeated the East in 1985.

Plus, this was the famous "Michael Jordan Freeze-Out" orchestrated by Isiah Thomas, which turned out to be a poor choice for a variety of reasons.

• See the coaches criminally under-utilize Calvin Natt and Robert Parish!
  • Gape at the unconventional shots that Dr. J's enormous hands allow him to take!
  • Glory in the plain, useful uniforms that were unique to this game!
  • Revel at the competition for rebounds in the paint that today would result in multiple flagrant fouls!
  • Cringe at Dick Stockton's comb-over!
  • Gaze at the stars of yesteryear in unaccustomed colors!
  • Shrink in terror at the look Moses gives Kareem when he gets one of his shots blocked!
  • Boggle at the sight of actual defense being played in anger!
  • Marvel at the immensity of Michael Jordan's fur coat!

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Oh please, this is the most pointless game of the year. There is nothing wrong with what he did.

I've never played a game (and I've played various sports a lot over my life) where you pick sides as a captain, but you pick your mates instead of the best available player. it's the whole point of having captains making selections. If kyrie is so pathetic and fragile that his ego couldnt have handled that (which let's be honest that's a given) he needs to grow the fuck up.  The way to make a pointless game less pointless is to treat it seriously. 

That being said It would make more sense if they changed the east v west rules to make it more interesting every few years. USA v rest of world. Old v young (maybe 27 is the cut off) etc. 

When exactly did the All Star game morph into this unrecognizable exhibition?  Was it a gradual change in the era of the banana boat?

How did we change from the days in the clip earlier on the page to this?

5 minutes ago, Rhom said:

When exactly did the All Star game morph into this unrecognizable exhibition?  Was it a gradual change in the era of the banana boat?

How did we change from the days in the clip earlier on the page to this?

Zion failing to throw it down has been a disappointment. Amazing this brick show might still break an over of 300.

Archived