NBA 2021

DireWolfSpirit

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Boston could get a third team involved and trade Walker and three first rounders that would somehow net them Harden. 

That seems quite optimistic.  I suspect the Nets could put together a more attractive package.

7 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

As a Boston resident, this might be a good spot for Harden because I have to imagine living in a nice little backwater like here

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but either way pretty sure that's the first time I've ever heard Boston described as "a nice little backwater."  Cheers!

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

That seems quite optimistic.  I suspect the Nets could put together a more attractive package.

Yes it is, and I could be making an incorrect assumption that the Celtics still have picks stashed. 

What package could the Nets send that would be better without including Irving (and I have serious doubts about Irving and Harden fitting)? The other players they could send aren't good enough, even if they're packaged with a lot of picks, and even then, what would that team look like? The Nets really don't need to make a move for him.

I still think the smart move for everyone is to send Harden to NO for four first round picks and not named Zion or Ingram. 

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but either way pretty sure that's the first time I've ever heard Boston described as "a nice little backwater."  Cheers!

He's joking about Harden's love of strip clubs. I'm sure Boston has a ton, but probably not many that would interest Harden.

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Nets really don't need to make a move for him.

I agree it'd be stupid on their part, just saying they could put together a better package than Walker and picks if they were willing to gut their team.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

He's joking about Harden's love of strip clubs.

Ah.  Well in that case the Raptors should try to get him while they play in Tampa.

10 minutes ago, DMC said:

Ah.  Well in that case the Raptors should try to get him while they play in Tampa.

I've never been to a strip club (assuming a stripper bus doesn't count), but IIRC, Tampa is the strip club capital of America and Toronto low key has a ton of famous gentlemen's establishments. 

8 minutes ago, DMC said:

That is its reputation.  Amusingly, politifact actually looked into this a while back.  Unsurprisingly, Vegas and NYC have it beat.  Miami too.

Pretty funny read. I especially like the part how they came in third per capita to.....Cincinnati. Guess you have to find something to do in that city. I would have figured top three in the US would be NYC, Vegas and Atlanta. As far as Miami goes, isn't the entire city would giant strip club?

16 minutes ago, DMC said:

That is its reputation.  Amusingly, politifact actually looked into this a while back.  Unsurprisingly, Vegas and NYC have it beat.  Miami too.

Huh. I've been hearing forever that Portland is the city with the highest number of clubs per capita. But maybe because of their somewhat unique culture, they're actually classified as bars or something?

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

But maybe because of their somewhat unique culture, they're actually classified as bars or something?

Yeah who knows.  Reading that article it does seem like it's hard to nail down what exactly qualifies as a strip club in any city.  Plus, that article is almost 9 years old, maybe Portland's rallied.

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I dont understand why players are so desperate to squeeze an extra bit of contract out of the club instead of championships, when they are already worth 100 million plus. If James and Davis had signed for 30 million a year each they could have pretty much guaranteed a title next year with the extra talent they could afford. 

I take it that you were very supportive of LeBron, Wade and Bosh in Miami and Durant and Cousins in Golden State? The flipside is that it is also derided as anti-competitive as they are stacking the odds in their favour as per the above examples.

LeBron could probably sign for less now, claiming that he is old and bruising his pride in the process, but there's no way AD could take anything less than the max without being ridiculed. Probably by the same people who complain that he is not taking less to help the team at that.

Besides, they have veterans taking minimal contracts with them. They won the title with Rondo and Howard. They're getting Gasol now. They might not have flexibility, but they could probably go all in on Bird Rights and ride the current team past the tax until LeBron retires or leaves to play with his son. Not to mention that they might already be past the cap so that it doesn't matter if LeBron and AD signed for less. 

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

If Strip clubs are that important to NBA players, they need to get a team in Montreal.  I've been to Vegas clubs, I've been to Montreal clubs, it is no contest, not even remotely.

Beaver pelt underwear really does it for you, eh?

Yo, i don't hate many people, but im starting to REALLY dislike Kyrie.

What in the fucking world is this douchebag on about? He wants to see money going to a good case? Donate your salary. You don't want to talk to pawns? Leave the NBA. Shut the FUCK up. Jesus. 

Some guys seem really resistant to the idea that professional athletes are inevitably professional entertainers.  If your league demands that you talk to the media to foster engagement and entertainment, then you can either do it or find a different job.  Of course it's irritating and you'd rather not do it some of the time.  IT'S A JOB. 

NBA players are rewarded handsomely for their efforts.  I have some (small) sympathy for the unique constraints and challenges that NBA players have, but having to answer a few questions from the media is definitely not one of them. 

I don't know how media availability is conducted these days, but I can respect that he doesn't want to go to a room full of reporters or for reporters to be in a room together at all. If its conducted through video conferencing, then he doesn't have an excuse. If its not, it's an easy and obvious compromise which at minimum four parties (Nets, Kyrie, Reporters, NBA) could have brought up. 

I don't see where the fine has to come in unless Kyrie just refuses to talk to the media at all, which may be the case since he is now calling them pawns. I've made my dislike of Kyrie known, but at this point, I'm more worried about his mental health over his self destructive tendencies.

Its also possible that the Nets and/or media are just inflexible but I'd give them the benefit of the doubt over Kyrie. 

My opinion of Kyrie Irving, to say the least, is not a positive one.

Also, it's been so long since I saw an actual Bulls game that I'd almost forgotten how about every player on the roster managed to underachieved last year, and tonight's pre-season game didn't give me any optimism. I guess our rookie Patrick Williams looked solid, but I can't find a single other glimmer on this roster. I hope Donovan manages to find something here. Didn't expect a win, but I was hoping they wouldn't look like a bottom-5 team.  Again. Oh well, preseason's doesn't count anyways, right! 

Wall and Cousins both looked like they were five years younger. Helps to pay against an atrocious defense, but I generally like to see players return strongly from bad injuries.

I heard on the radio the other day that Kyrie was just refusing to talk to the media at all and said he would be providing a written statement instead of taking questions.

Like... maybe New York isn’t the place for you dude...

18 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I heard on the radio the other day that Kyrie was just refusing to talk to the media at all and said he would be providing a written statement instead of taking questions.

Like... maybe New York isn’t the place for you dude...

He should travel to northern India and join a Buddhist monastery. 

I dunno why he pisses me off so much, but damn, that man triggers me. 

Archived