Who will detonate the wildfire, and why? Please stop and let this thread die...

Alyn Oakenfist

7 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

That is an oxymoron. Cersei is narcissistic and paranoid those things don't go well with smart.

I didn't say smart, I said smarter, which isn't a hard thing given Cersei's intelligence in the last two books, and there's lots of narcissistic smart people, Elon Musk, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and I can't name any paranoid person, smart or not, but it's not contradictory to be smart and paranoid.

I see that Dany's worshippers made their move here, always a pleasure to admire their childish behavior, I hope they will grow up some day. Whatever let's talk about real business, much more interesting. The only people we know who would intentionally detonate the wildfire are Cersei and Obara, both have the persona and motives to do so: Cersei would do it if Aegon enters in KL to overthrow her, killing herself and taking him to her grave. Obara would do it to take revenge on the Lannisters, and take down the Tyrells that she doesn't like. 

But I don't think it will end up like that, Varys will make sure Cersei doesn't do anything harmful to Aegon and Obara is too far away from KL, hunting Darkstark as said before. In my opinion, it's Dany who will accidently detonate the wildfire, in the future Dance of Dragons that is about to happen in the future, opposing her to Aegon and his future bride Arianne. 

27 minutes ago, Willam Stark said:

The only people we know who would intentionally detonate the wildfire are Cersei and Obara, both have the persona and motives to do so: Cersei would do it if Aegon enters in KL to overthrow her, killing herself and taking him to her grave. Obara would do it to take revenge on the Lannisters, and take down the Tyrells that she doesn't like. 

I agree with Obara, though i can't see any way she might have the chance to do it, and even if she could, she won't given that Nym and Tyene are in the city.

I think however that you forget one person. Jon Conn. THe man isn't all there, and there doesn't seem to be anything left that he won't do, and with the greyscale it will only get worse

32 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I think however that you forget one person. Jon Conn. THe man isn't all there, and there doesn't seem to be anything left that he won't do, and with the greyscale it will only get worse

I didn't consider him because I don't see real motive in his case, he's more an Arys Oakheart type in my pov: protecting his king at the cost of his life. 

1 minute ago, Willam Stark said:

I didn't consider him because I don't see real motive in his case, he's more an Arys Oakheart type in my pov: protecting his king at the cost of his life. 

Maybe, though if Aegon were to die he could easily do it as a final fuck you to Dany. The man only cares about Aegon.

6 hours ago, Willam Stark said:

He's trying to be Tywin, and he thinks Tywin would have killed Robert at Stony Sept (JC's biggest failure) by burning down the whole village. So if he thinks he could win Westeros for Aegon by burning KL, he might do it.

9 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

I didn't say smart, I said smarter, which isn't a hard thing given Cersei's intelligence in the last two books, and there's lots of narcissistic smart people, Elon Musk, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and I can't name any paranoid person, smart or not, but it's not contradictory to be smart and paranoid.

Cersei planting more wildfire (visibly, this time) around the city as a deterrent from Dany attacking it has some low level cunning as Tyrion described and is something I could see her do. She is trying to hang on. It's what Tyrion did with Stannis but way, way more risky. Then say....Dany burns it down anyway, as she rage quits Westeros.

On 12/8/2020 at 6:38 AM, Annalee said:

The only reason for Daenerys Targaryen to burn her city, the city her ancestors built, will be to stop the Others and their ice wights from further spreading.  She will have no choice should the city fall to the Others and becomes overrun with wights.  This is possible.  The Pale Mare is the training for how to stop the spread of wightification.  The Others and their ice wights will be treated as an infectious disease.

The person who might burn the city out of spite is Arya Stark.  She has knelt in the altar of the god of death and she will snap emotionally.  The ghost of HH was disturbed by Arya and foresaw the many people that little one will kill.  The old lady would not have been disturbed if Arya's victims are all bad people. 

Arya Stark would see the burning of the city as a generous offering to the god of many faces.  Her ancestors killed people to sacrifice to the weirwoods.  Arya may see the killing of an entire city as a form of sacrifice to the gods.  It may not have anything to do with the murder of her brother.  That shock may come later when she is in the riverlands. 

On 12/10/2020 at 6:21 PM, Rondo said:

The FM would love that.  Half a million people sent to their deaths.  They have a tool in Arya to do the deed.  

I can see the FM ordering something like this to send a half-million souls to god.  It may be the reason for Jacquen’s presence in the city.  He was looking for the location of the wildfire.  He got caught in a place where he should not have been and ended up in the dungeons.  Later he meets an angry, homicidal Arya Stark.  He figures this anger and hate can be channeled for a purpose.  If the city is to go down in an explosion, it will be their work, through Arya Stark.  

15 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

He got caught in a place where he should not have been and ended up in the dungeons

The Black Cells for that!? Yoren was afraid if him. Rorge and Biter were. Arya POVs. Something else 

How can you propose something so fact-twisted to suit your irrational hatefancies? Easily i guess. Smh. Carry on. What's the difference going to be made. 

On 12/14/2020 at 5:53 PM, Widowmaker 811 said:

I can see the FM ordering something like this to send a half-million souls to god.  It may be the reason for Jacquen’s presence in the city.  He was looking for the location of the wildfire.  He got caught in a place where he should not have been and ended up in the dungeons.  Later he meets an angry, homicidal Arya Stark.  He figures this anger and hate can be channeled for a purpose.  If the city is to go down in an explosion, it will be their work, through Arya Stark.  

For Jaqen to have such a kind of plot, especially with Arya, would require him to play 6D chess and have greensight.

4 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Mirri made a big mistake - she should have killed Arya instead of Rhaego. She's the one who will burn cities, trample nations into dust, and fuck the planet like a oversexed stallion.

What the actual fuck? Should I break down why this sentence is absurd in every way imaginable? Nah, I think it's obvious to everyone

2 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Scroll up, to where I said Arya wouldnt blow up King's Landing. That means this post is .... ....

Ah sorry about that. Thing is I've actually seen this level of argument recently and didn't realize you were only joking. Looks like I'm now an example of Poe's Law.

You know, we really do need more Big Bang Theory "sarcasm" gifs around here. My two cents is this; the Stark kids, including Arya, are all headed back to Winterfell, not Kings Landing. And why would Arya even care about the people of Kings Landing? She never adds "the people of Kings Landing" in her nightly death list. On the list of suspects of who could ignite the wildfire and blow up Kings Landing, Ser Pounce is literally more likely to do it than Arya.

Archived