Who will detonate the wildfire, and why? Please stop and let this thread die...

Alyn Oakenfist

6 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

You know, we really do need more Big Bang Theory "sarcasm" gifs around here. My two cents is this; the Stark kids, including Arya, are all headed back to Winterfell, not Kings Landing. And why would Arya even care about the people of Kings Landing? She never adds "the people of Kings Landing" in her nightly death list. On the list of suspects of who could ignite the wildfire and blow up Kings Landing, Ser Pounce is literally more likely to do it than Arya.

And the haters will bring up how she wargs cats. Smh. Don't thank me haters 

I can't believe y'all are seriously entertaining the idea that Arya will intentionally kill herself and a million other people upon hearing the news of Jon Snow's betrayal and death.

Like, even if was Arya was unhinged and suicidal, she'd just kill the people who were responsible for Jon Snow's death before killing herself. It's not in her character to do something like that intentionally.

Lady Stoneheart is one thing. Obara Sand is another. But Arya?!?!?! LMAO...

Even if it was an assignment the Faceless Men had given to Arya, who has the money for that? The prices vary based on the target and the target in this case would be a city of a million people. Who is paying for that?! And why on Earth would they give it to Arya?!?!

As @Rondo said, the only person who would intentionally do something like this for gain is Euron Greyjoy. Maybe Stannis and/or Melisandre would but that's a massive stretch. Euron Greyjoy stands alone in this. Well, maybe not...I can see Littlefinger stooping this low. Euron though even try to rationalize it. If he benefits, he benefits.

That's not to say that Jon Connington, Tyrion Lannister and Cersei Lannister wouldn't do this intentionally. They would but only as an absolute final resort after everything else has been lost. All three are dangerously vindictive and unstable people. But Cersei is unique as she is also one out of two morons who are stupid enough to a series of bad decision(s) and fumble it...and even then, she'll find a way to absolve herself and blame Tyrion. Or Sansa for that matter.

For the record, the other moron would be Victarion Greyjoy.

As for everyone else? Daenerys would never do something like this. Not on purpose, not even as a last resort. She cares about people too much. Although she is probably going to become a conqueror that would make Drogo, Aegon I and all the Stark kings of yesteryear blush, the fundamental fact that Daenerys is a sweetheart who is not blind to the suffering of innocents is not going to change. Plus, Daenerys has dragons so using wildfire is as weird and unlikely as it is redundant. And Daenerys does not have the taint of madness and belligerence seen in her father and brother. She's much more like Rhaegar and has a history of going "What would Rhaegar do?" If she does it, it'll be a complete accident or because it's the best decision to make. @Moiraine Sedai and @James West made a great points about the greyscale epidemic. Whether or not it will be a nationwide or worldwide event doesn't matter, what matters is if an entire city falls to the grey plague, you need to stop the plague.

I think that was the whole point of the bloody flux epidemic. Dany has been through it before. She - and many other learned people - would know that such a plague during such a brutal winter what with all the famine and war would turn Westeros into a graveyard. Dany would be particularly concerned about the welfare of Essos as well.

Daenerys, Jon Snow, Aegon, and maybe even Bran would all probably destroy King's Landing with wildfire if they had to. I can even see Jaime or Brienne being pushed to doing so.

In fact, using wildfire to destroy King's Landing and everyone therein is actually a good idea if the city is lost to the Others or overran by wights.

Personally, I think that Euron is going to raise krakens and other Cthulhic monstrosities (side-note: you can't tell me that the beast(s) Aerea and Balerion fought in Valyria will not make an appearance in ASoIaF...GRRM is a Lovecraft fanboy) from the depths and use them as weapons of war. Even if Euron is taken out, the creatures also have to be dealt with.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:09 AM, PrettyLittlePsycho said:

The only agreeable king to the north is Stannis and he is pretty much doomed to die up north. So a smart girl could try to get rid of them all at once.

Stannis is not an agreeable king. Not to the North not to anywhere in Westeros except for save the lands he directly rules. And maybe not even then.

Although Stannis is the rightful heir of Robert Baratheon, there is a good reason why few people in Westeros were willing to support his claim. Not many want him to be their king and neither would I.

1 hour ago, BlackLightning said:

I can't believe y'all are seriously entertaining the idea that Arya will intentionally kill herself and a million other people upon hearing the news of Jon Snow's betrayal and death.

Like, even if was Arya was unhinged and suicidal, she'd just kill the people who were responsible for Jon Snow's death before killing herself. It's not in her character to do something like that intentionally.

Even if it was an assignment the Faceless Men had given to Arya, who has the money for that? The prices vary based on the target and the target in this case would be a city of a million people. Who is paying for that?! And why on Earth would they give it to Arya?!?!

As @Rondo said, the only person who would intentionally do something like this for gain is Euron Greyjoy. Maybe Stannis and/or Melisandre would but that's a massive stretch. Euron Greyjoy stands alone in this. Well, maybe not...I can see Littlefinger stooping this low. Euron though even try to rationalize it. If he benefits, he benefits.

That's not to say that Jon Connington, Tyrion Lannister and Cersei Lannister wouldn't do this intentionally. They would but only as an absolute final resort after everything else has been lost. All three are dangerously vindictive and unstable people. But Cersei is unique as she is also one out of two morons who are stupid enough to a series of bad decision(s) and fumble it...and even then, she'll find a way to absolve herself and blame Tyrion. Or Sansa for that matter.

For the record, the other moron would be Victarion Greyjoy.

As for everyone else? Daenerys would never do something like this. Not on purpose, not even as a last resort. She cares about people too much. Although she is probably going to become a conqueror that would make Drogo, Aegon I and all the Stark kings of yesteryear blush, the fundamental fact that Daenerys is a sweetheart who is not blind to the suffering of innocents is not going to change. Plus, Daenerys has dragons so using wildfire is as weird and unlikely as it is redundant. And Daenerys does not have the taint of madness and belligerence seen in her father and brother. She's much more like Rhaegar and has a history of going "What would Rhaegar do?" If she does it, it'll be a complete accident or because it's the best decision to make. @Moiraine Sedai and @James West made a great points about the greyscale epidemic. Whether or not it will be a nationwide or worldwide event doesn't matter, what matters is if an entire city falls to the grey plague, you need to stop the plague.

I think that was the whole point of the bloody flux epidemic. Dany has been through it before. She - and many other learned people - would know that such a plague during such a brutal winter what with all the famine and war would turn Westeros into a graveyard. Dany would be particularly concerned about the welfare of Essos as well.

Daenerys, Jon Snow, Aegon, and maybe even Bran would all probably destroy King's Landing with wildfire if they had to. I can even see Jaime or Brienne being pushed to doing so.

In fact, using wildfire to destroy King's Landing and everyone therein is actually a good idea if the city is lost to the Others or overran by wights.

Personally, I think that Euron is going to raise krakens and other Cthulhic monstrosities (side-note: you can't tell me that the beast(s) Aerea and Balerion fought in Valyria will not make an appearance in ASoIaF...GRRM is a Lovecraft fanboy) from the depths and use them as weapons of war. Even if Euron is taken out, the creatures also have to be dealt with.

Stannis is not an agreeable king. Not to the North not to anywhere in Westeros except for save the lands he directly rules. And maybe not even then.

Although Stannis is the rightful heir of Robert Baratheon, there is a good reason why few people in Westeros were willing to support his claim. Not many want him to be their king and neither would I.

:agree:

There is basically no scenario where either Arya or Dany intentionally burns down Kings Landing. My prediction is that it'll be Cersei, as a final "screw you" to all the people in the city who let her down. That's what narcissitic tyrants do when they lose power, and that is also Cersei to a T.

2 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

There is basically no scenario where either Arya or Dany intentionally burns down Kings Landing. My prediction is that it'll be Cersei, as a final "screw you" to all the people in the city who let her down. That's what narcissitic tyrants do when they lose power, and that is also Cersei to a T.

Yeah Cersei is pretty much the only one who would intentionally light KL on fire. Dany is the second strongest contender due to her dragon's unique ability to accidentally light the stuff up, thought if she does do it it will deffo be accidental.

3 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

I've been saying that for this whole thread. Sadly no one seems to listen. At this point I just don't bother, because I have seen the light, thanks to @Rose of Red Lake. Arya is actually the unholy spawn of Euron and Drogo, who are actually the same person and each other's parents and siblings, with Arya being produced as a result of Euron/Drogo jerking off with different hands at the same time, very confusing family tree.

Anyways you see Arya, secretly always wanted to boink her half brother, ever since she was 8 and saw him get trapped in the washing machine. So her capabilities to see the future due to her also being Bloodraven, allowed her to saw that Jon is going to die, so following her desire for vengeance, and the call of both her father and mother who are the same person, she decides to got to the faceless men and become the horse-kraken that fucks the world. So when Jon will die she will sell her soul to the devil and burn King's Landing and herself.

It is known.

1 hour ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Euron/Daario, jerking himself off since they are the same person. 

Yes, Euron, Daario, Drogo, Benjen, Coldhands, Bloodraven and Arthur Dayne are all the same Lovecraftian entity, jerking off with one hand for each identity to create Arya

Who will detonate the wildfire, and why?  The faceless men possibly have done this sort of mass murder before if the doom was their work.  So my money is on the faceless men committing this type of mass murder.  They will get Arya Stark to light the fuse.  They saw a messed up young girl who just lost her family and whom they could train to do their dirty work. 

4 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

The faceless men possibly have done this sort of mass murder before if the doom was their work.  So my money is on the faceless men committing this type of mass murder.  They will get Arya Stark to light the fuse.  They saw a messed up young girl who just lost her family and whom they could train to do their dirty work. 

Check the previous comments for an in depth explanation of how Arya will do it as the horse-kraken that fucks the world.

22 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Check the previous comments for an in depth explanation of how Arya will do it as the horse-kraken that fucks the world.

I have read the previous comments.  I like my theory better. 

Cersei, Daenerys, and Jon C have no need to destroy the city.  Cersei wants to continue her rule.  Queen Cersei isn't the brightest person in the room but she is not crazy enough to do it.   Daenerys wants to take back what belonged to her family.  Her ancestors built this city.  Daenerys is also too smart to set off a wildfire by accident.  Jon C doesn't have the balls to set fire to it.  Those three should not even be on the list of the ones who would burn the city.  Daenerys and Jon C are compassionate people.  Cersei isn't compassionate but she likes life too much. 

Euron should make the list of mass arsonists and so should Arya Stark, through her work with the faceless men.  The faceless men are completely fucked up in the head.  They are a cult of death and what better way to serve death.  Burn the largest city in Westeros.  Arya Stark is so desensitized to death that it will be in her nature now to strike that match.

On 12/8/2020 at 6:38 AM, Annalee said:

The only reason for Daenerys Targaryen to burn her city, the city her ancestors built, will be to stop the Others and their ice wights from further spreading.  She will have no choice should the city fall to the Others and becomes overrun with wights.  This is possible.  The Pale Mare is the training for how to stop the spread of wightification.  The Others and their ice wights will be treated as an infectious disease.

The person who might burn the city out of spite is Arya Stark.  She has knelt in the altar of the god of death and she will snap emotionally.  The ghost of HH was disturbed by Arya and foresaw the many people that little one will kill.  The old lady would not have been disturbed if Arya's victims are all bad people. 

Arya has a date with Cersei.  This is what it can lead to.  The faceless sickos tell her to find and light the wildfire.  She will do it because it will also kill the people who hurt the Starks.  Jon's death will be what causes this emotional break inside her.

56 minutes ago, Dragomir said:

I gotta ask ,how many people has Arya killed to actually qualify of being mentioned...like her dad was executed in Kings Landing with people cheering and stuff but never in her POV has she considered revenge on them

Yup, that idea is absolutely ridiculous, I can't see why anyone would even consider her as a likely either.

I agree, this is so embarrassing reading these nonsense responses. This topic is a shining example of this forum becoming just has bad as reddit sometimes. Such poor arguments from Stark haters or Dany stans still traumatized that she switched on her inner psycho/dictator mode and burned women & children on dragonback. You boys & girls, that crap was D&D inspired. Very unlikely to happen in the books. No need to hate on Starks to make yourselves feel better. LOL

1 hour ago, MissM said:

I agree, this is so embarrassing reading these nonsense responses. This topic is a shining example of this forum becoming just has bad as reddit sometimes. Such poor arguments from Stark haters or Dany stans still traumatized that she switched on her inner psycho/dictator mode and burned women & children on dragonback. You boys & girls, that crap was D&D inspired. Very unlikely to happen in the books. No need to hate on Starks to make yourselves feel better. LOL

Yeah, I don't particularly like Arya and I think she's going in a pretty dark direction, but her burning KL is just hate driven crackpot, plain and simple.

It also defeats the whole point of her list and the faceless men. Her victims and her lists are highly specific, targeting all those she feels have deserve so. It might not be the best mindset, but one thing is certain, she would never target masses of civilians just because. In fact for all her determination to kill those she perceives as evil, she has a very similar determination to protect those she sees as innocents. So the idea of her blowing up KL is plain and simply ridiculous. 

On 12/17/2020 at 6:26 PM, Texas Hold Em said:

I have read the previous comments.  I like my theory better. 

Cersei, Daenerys, and Jon C have no need to destroy the city.  Cersei wants to continue her rule.  Queen Cersei isn't the brightest person in the room but she is not crazy enough to do it.   Daenerys wants to take back what belonged to her family.  Her ancestors built this city.  Daenerys is also too smart to set off a wildfire by accident.  Jon C doesn't have the balls to set fire to it.  Those three should not even be on the list of the ones who would burn the city.  Daenerys and Jon C are compassionate people.  Cersei isn't compassionate but she likes life too much. 

Euron should make the list of mass arsonists and so should Arya Stark, through her work with the faceless men.  The faceless men are completely fucked up in the head.  They are a cult of death and what better way to serve death.  Burn the largest city in Westeros.  Arya Stark is so desensitized to death that it will be in her nature now to strike that match.

Yup

5 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Yup, that idea is absolutely ridiculous, I can't see why anyone would even consider her as a likely either.

It is actually not ridiculous.  Arya is sick.  She's sick in the head.  She has joined an organization which kills people.  This organization could have been the one responsible for the doom of valyria.  They have no qualms about killing and they consider it a tribute to their many faced gods.  Arya will lose her sanity after knowing her brother Jon was killed.  The faceless men could even feed her the information and leave out the fact that Jon was a traitor to the watch.  She will only hear this.  Jon was attempting to rescue her and then he was killed.  Arya's mind is already fragile. 

You started a topic and intentionally limited who you want to be the guilty in order to smear them.  I see nothing wrong with the others who disagree with you and put forth the idea that the most likely person to do this is Arya Stark.  I am also disagreeing with you.  So you wanted to smear Daenerys Targaryen and Cersei Lannister.  You want to limit the talks to them.  You don't get to do that.  You posted your theory and it is only natural for people to disagree with you.  Me, I think Arya Stark is totally messed up in the head.  Her school and teachers are monsters whose curriculum teaches students to kill.  They worship the gods of murder.  Arya and the fm are the most likely people to commit this amount of destruction and death.  This is their trade.

11 minutes ago, Bullrout said:

Yup

It is actually not ridiculous.  Arya is sick.  She's sick in the head.  She has joined an organization which kills people.  This organization could have been the one responsible for the doom of valyria.  They have no qualms about killing and they consider it a tribute to their many faced gods.  Arya will lose her sanity after knowing her brother Jon was killed.  The faceless men could even feed her the information and leave out the fact that Jon was a traitor to the watch.  She will only hear this.  Jon was attempting to rescue her and then he was killed.  Arya's mind is already fragile. 

You started a topic and intentionally limited who you want to be the guilty in order to smear them.  I see nothing wrong with the others who disagree with you and put forth the idea that the most likely person to do this is Arya Stark.  I am also disagreeing with you.  So you wanted to smear Daenerys Targaryen and Cersei Lannister.  You want to limit the talks to them.  You don't get to do that.  You posted your theory and it is only natural for people to disagree with you.  Me, I think Arya Stark is totally messed up in the head.  Her school and teachers are monsters whose curriculum teaches students to kill.  They worship the gods of murder.  Arya and the fm are the most likely people to commit this amount of destruction and death.  This is their trade.

It is their trade ,but how many people/slaves where praying for the destruction or death of their slave masters(In the case of valyria). The faceless men don't just dish out death like that they have rules. Besides if executing her father in front of her doesn't make her snap, I don't think killing her brother whose wayyyy North will. And if it comes to that she does have a list ,right?

Just now, Dragomir said:

It is their trade ,but how many people/slaves where praying for the destruction or death of their slave masters(In the case of valyria). The faceless men don't just dish out death like that they have rules. Besides if executing her father in front of her doesn't make her snap, I don't think killing her brother whose wayyyy North will. And if it comes to that she does have a list ,right?

Exactly. So granted Jon and Arya are the closest of the Stark siblings, so Arya might do some things about Jon dying. But here are her many options

- Wait for the maximum of 3 days it will take for the news that he has also been brought back takes to arrive

- Go immediately to the Wall and execute all the oathbreaker responsible

- Go to the North and execute Ramsay and Roose if she hears about the exact details

- Go to the Seven Kingdoms and complete her list

- Or, according to this wonderful fair and balanced thread, go and blow up King's Landing, a city she has no particular connection too other then the place her father died, a city she doesn't ever think about, to be destroyed in a way that no one knows about, with the exception of Jaime and whatever other Lannister he's told the story too. Yup definitely the right answer, it just fits so well with her character and GRRM.

Archived