Who will detonate the wildfire, and why? Please stop and let this thread die...

Alyn Oakenfist

3 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Exactly. So granted Jon and Arya are the closest of the Stark siblings, so Arya might do some things about Jon dying. But here are her many options

- Wait for the maximum of 3 days it will take for the news that he has also been brought back takes to arrive

- Go immediately to the Wall and execute all the oathbreaker responsible

- Go to the North and execute Ramsay and Roose if she hears about the exact details

- Go to the Seven Kingdoms and complete her list

- Or, according to this wonderful fair and balanced thread, go and blow up King's Landing, a city she has no particular connection too other then the place her father died, a city she doesn't ever think about, to be destroyed in a way that no one knows about, with the exception of Jaime and whatever other Lannister he's told the story too. Yup definitely the right answer, it just fits so well with her character and GRRM.

Exactly I can see her list getting a lot longer ,but her blowing up a city does not fit with what we read in her POV.

Dragomir, she has snapped.  Witnessing Eddard’s death screwed Arya up.  The folks saying she will snap has fallen behind the story.  Arya is already there in the land of insanity.

I could see Cersei doing something like this.  But she won’t get the chance.  Aegon Blackfyre will knock her off the throne and strangle her.  Daenerys is the savior who helps people.  King’s Landing is her city.  The people are already desperate for leadership. Robert failed them as king.  Jon failed the Night’sWatch.  Cersei is making enemies left and right. Stannis isn’t coming back.  Though I could see Mel counseling him to sacrifice the city.  Aegon doesn’t have the temperament to rule.  He won’t last long.   The people of the capital will beg Daenerys to come.  Daenerys will not burn down her city.  A city which the Targaryens built by the way.

The most probable culprit really is Arya and the Faceless Men.  Put another way, the Faceless Men and Arya Stark.  They will give her this mission to honor their god. Hell, maybe Illyrio will hire them to do this if his boy Aegon dies in the city.

13 minutes ago, Prince Rhaego Targaryen said:

Dragomir, she has snapped.  Witnessing Eddard’s death screwed Arya up.  The folks saying she will snap has fallen behind the story.  Arya is already there in the land of insanity.

I could see Cersei doing something like this.  But she won’t get the chance.  Aegon Blackfyre will knock her off the throne and strangle her.  Daenerys is the savior who helps people.  King’s Landing is her city.  The people are already desperate for leadership. Robert failed them as king.  Jon failed the Night’sWatch.  Cersei is making enemies left and right. Stannis isn’t coming back.  Though I could see Mel counseling him to sacrifice the city.  Aegon doesn’t have the temperament to rule.  He won’t last long.   The people of the capital will beg Daenerys to come.  Daenerys will not burn down her city.  A city which the Targaryens built by the way.

The most probable culprit really is Arya and the Faceless Men.  Put another way, the Faceless Men and Arya Stark.  They will give her this mission to honor their god. Hell, maybe Illyrio will hire them to do this if his boy Aegon dies in the city.

Seriously? Kings landing is most definitely not her city, not after she burns (f)aegon anyway

24 minutes ago, Dragomir said:

Seriously? Kings landing is most definitely not her city, not after she burns (f)aegon anyway

Ignore him. Unless you didn't get it, our friend Sheev is a die hard Dany fan that hates everyone not called Daenaerys Targaryen, the other two Targaryens left in the world included, and makes ever more complicated theories on why everybody besides her, but especially Jon and the Starks, are awful

4 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Ignore him. Unless you didn't get it, our friend Sheev is a die hard Dany fan that hates everyone not called Daenaerys Targaryen, the other two Targaryens left in the world included, and makes ever more complicated theories on why everybody besides her, but especially Jon and the Starks, are awful

Well that makes a lot of sense, Hence the dead Rhaego.

8 hours ago, Dragomir said:

I gotta ask ,how many people has Arya killed to actually qualify of being mentioned...like her dad was executed in Kings Landing with people cheering and stuff but never in her POV has she considered revenge on them

She has.

Her first chapter in A Clash of Kings. Arya is leaving the Watch with Yoren; as she is leaving, she prays for the entire city and everyone therein to be destroyed. Yoren later chastises her for that by reminding her that her sister is still there. Arya's reaction to Yoren's reminder was a bit troubling but understandable.

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

- Or, according to this wonderful fair and balanced thread, go and blow up King's Landing, a city she has no particular connection too other then the place her father died, a city she doesn't ever think about, to be destroyed in a way that no one knows about, with the exception of Jaime and whatever other Lannister he's told the story too. Yup definitely the right answer, it just fits so well with her character and GRRM.

Here's my thing.

Arya has some mental problems. But she doesn't show inclinations of suicidal behavior. Sansa and Bran have repeatedly but Arya has not.

Arya blowing up King's Landing with wildfire is suicide.

5 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

Her first chapter in A Clash of Kings. Arya is leaving the Watch with Yoren; as she is leaving, she prays for the entire city and everyone therein to be destroyed. Yoren later chastises her for that by reminding her that her sister is still there. Arya's reaction to Yoren's reminder was a bit troubling but understandable.

Just because she thinks or says something doesn't mean she'd do it. Like in 12 angry men, you say "I'll kill you" to a lot of people when angry, doesn't mean you'd do it

7 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Just because she thinks or says something doesn't mean she'd do it. Like in 12 angry men, you say "I'll kill you" to a lot of people when angry, doesn't mean you'd do it

True.

But while I think it is very unlikely for Arya to snap and go on mass-murdering rampages (least of all with wildfire), the girl does have a dark and destructive side.

I honestly don't even see Arya going crazy after hearing about Jon's death. I think it'll make her want to leave the Faceless Men (consequences be damned) and go avenge her brother...which, of course, would include hunting and killing a lot of people. But I don't think it'll make her want to kill over a million people in an unrelated city.

And Arya was too smart and careful to do something like that on accident in A Game of Thrones. She's certainly matured since then.

44 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

Here's my thing.

Arya has some mental problems. But she doesn't show inclinations of suicidal behavior. Sansa and Bran have repeatedly but Arya has not.

Arya blowing up King's Landing with wildfire is suicide.

It does not have to be intentional suicide.  Arya may think she can get away in time with a long enough fuse. 

2 hours ago, Dragomir said:

Exactly I can see her list getting a lot longer ,but her blowing up a city does not fit with what we read in her POV.

Mass murder fits Arya's illness and anger.  This Arya Stark who joined a cult to the Many-Faced God of Death and has a wish to kill a lot of people is capable of this type of mass murder. 

3 minutes ago, Bullrout said:

Mass murder fits Arya's illness and anger.  This Arya Stark who joined a cult to the Many-Faced God of Death and has a wish to kill a lot of people is capable of this type of mass murder. 

Hmm, tell me, when did she ever kill or partake in killing someone who wasn't actively guilty of something terrible or who was a danger to her?

3 minutes ago, Bullrout said:

It does not have to be intentional suicide.  Arya may think she can get away in time with a long enough fuse. 

Um. No. Arya joined the Faceless Men because she wanted to kill the people specifically on her list. She wants revenge on the people who commited atrocities against her, against people she cares about, and against innocent people. She kills Raff the Sweetling because he murdered Lommy Greenhands, for example. What Arya really wants is justice, but has mistaken vengeance for justice, which fits the running theme of these books. She doesn't really care about the people of Kings Landing, it is Illyn Payne and Cersei she wants to take out.

1 hour ago, Nathan Stark said:

Um. No. Arya joined the Faceless Men because she wanted to kill the people specifically on her list. She wants revenge on the people who commited atrocities against her, against people she cares about, and against innocent people. She kills Raff the Sweetling because he murdered Lommy Greenhands, for example. What Arya really wants is justice, but has mistaken vengeance for justice, which fits the running theme of these books. She doesn't really care about the people of Kings Landing, it is Illyn Payne and Cersei she wants to take out.

Exactly what I've been trying to point out.

3 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

It doesn't mean she won't.  The truth is, Arya is more likely to do something as awful as the burning of a whole town than any person on your list.  Jon Connington will have no motivation to do that.  Daenerys Targaryen will have even less.  Now, Jon Snow is a different animal altogether.  The boy attacked his commanding officer over a verbal insult.  Arya too has a temper.  Now that little Stark has been trained to murder.  Arya will go level 11 stark raving mad when she hears what happened to Jon.  

Hmm, tell me, when did she ever kill or partake in killing someone who wasn't actively guilty of something terrible or who was a danger to her?

I can tell you that.  The little murderer killed an old insurance underwriter and Daeron.  These men have done her no wrong.  

Just now, Rondo said:

It doesn't mean she won't.  The truth is, Arya is more likely to do something as awful as the burning of a whole town than any person on your list.  Jon Connington will have no motivation to do that.  Daenerys Targaryen will have even less.  Now, Jon Snow is a different animal altogether.  The boy attacked his commanding officer over a verbal insult.  Arya too has a temper.  Now that little Stark has been trained to murder.  Arya will go level 11 stark raving mad when she hears what happened to Jon.  

She'll also grow, tentacles, one red eye, the privates of a boy and have the strength of Gregor Clegane facilitating her into burning Kl just because.

Jokes aside, where on Earth do you pull this shit from? The fountain of the mind?

Just now, Rondo said:

I can tell you that.  The little murderer killed an old insurance underwriter and Daeron.  These men have done her no wrong.  

The insurance man had fucked a family up so badly they had to go to the faceless men for vengeance while Daeron was a Nights Watch deserter. Hardly innocent don't you think? And hardly mass murder either

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

The insurance man had fucked a family up so badly they had to go to the faceless men for vengeance while Daeron was a Nights Watch deserter. Hardly innocent don't you think? And hardly mass murder either

That's bullshit and even you should know it.  The Sealord and the government in Braavos would have punished the old insurance man if there had been any truth to that.  What happened was a competitor paid the faceless idiots to take him out.  They told Arya a lie and she was dumb enough to believe it.  After which she murdered an innocent man.  

1 minute ago, Rondo said:

The Sealord and the government in Braavos would have punished the old insurance man if there had been any truth to that.

Yes because the world of GRRM is famous for it's swift and fair justice

What happened was a competitor paid the faceless idiots to take him out.

Based on what? You hatred of a character and a need to vilify her?

That's bullshit and even you should know it.  The Sealord and the government in Braavos would have punished the old insurance man if there had been any truth to that.  What happened was a competitor paid the faceless idiots to take him out.  They told Arya a lie and she was dumb enough to believe it.  After which she murdered an innocent man.  

That was a hit on the old man.  There would be no need for secrecy if the man was actually guilty.  The authorities would have taken care of the matter.

Archived