Who will detonate the wildfire, and why? Please stop and let this thread die...

Alyn Oakenfist

11 hours ago, Rondo said:

I can tell you that.  The little murderer killed an old insurance underwriter and Daeron.  These men have done her no wrong.  

There’s still a big jump (even if one assumes Daeron and the insurance broker are innocent, which is questionable) to wiping out an entire city.

PS Maybe Hot Pie will blow up the city

On 12/17/2020 at 5:54 PM, Texas Hold Em said:

Who will detonate the wildfire, and why?  The faceless men possibly have done this sort of mass murder before if the doom was their work.  So my money is on the faceless men committing this type of mass murder.  They will get Arya Stark to light the fuse.  They saw a messed up young girl who just lost her family and whom they could train to do their dirty work. 

Could be why Jaqen sent her to his cult.  

I'm leaning to a Lannister, or accidental by a Targ (fake or real). Regardless it will kill a fire person.

Wildfire is green of color and note the word "wild". It tends to lead to tragic loss or death for those with fire in their blood.

• Aerion Brightflame drank it and got himself killed
  • Aegon V used it to hatch eggs, and begot the Summerhall tragedy
  • Aerys II wanted to use it, and ended up killed by Jaime for it
  • Cersei ordered it and Tyrion used it successfully in the battle at the Blackwater, destroying the fleet of Stannis (with his flaming heart), and in that battle we alsp have "Renly's ghost" in Renly's green armor, the same armor in which Cat saw her reflection and the image of a drowned woman (allusion to greenseeing).

So, when it denotates it works in favor of the green magic faction and against a flame fire character.

7 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

So, when it denotates it works in favor of the green magic faction and against a flame fire character.

This last bit I think is even more of a reason for Dany doing it accidentally. There is a Dance being foreshadowed between Aegon and Dany, but even more then that, Dany's color seems to be black, especially with Drogon, which is why Aegon will probably tame Rhaegal not only is it the green dragon but it is the dragon of his (supposed) father, a color scheme further re enforced by Dany being the female claimant.

When considering that Dany will probably face unrest, kind like Rhaenyra, and that the wildfire is green, the color of her enemies, one could easily imagine Dany lighting it on accident, either in the battle or quashing riots, or maybe Jon Conn lighting it as a final fuck you, pinning the blame on Dany.

Anyways, nice to see you back man!

On 12/7/2020 at 11:12 AM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Following Checkov's wildfire it is clear that the catches are going to be lit. Right now I see 3 possibilities of how it might happen.

3. Intentionally as a last gambit against the WW. If the War for the Dawn goes really sideways, I could see Dany, as a last desperate measure, luring the Army of the Dead into KL, usign the massive population as bait, only for her to light the catches, killing the populace but also the Army of the Dead.

After committing an atrocity or ten, Dany will see the error of her ways and do this.

Added twist - the combination of fire and blood sacrifice involved will  (fulfilling the dreams of her father and her ancestor Aerion) transform Dany into a literal dragon. She and Drogon will then fly off to a secluded spot and live happily ever after having hot dragon sex.

This will be the sweet part of GRRM's bittersweet ending.

1 hour ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

Added twist - the combination of fire and blood sacrifice involved will  (fulfilling the dreams of her father and her ancestor Aerion) transform Dany into a literal dragon. She and Drogon will then fly off to a secluded spot and live happily ever after having hot dragon sex.

This will be the sweet part of GRRM's bittersweet ending.

Still better then Bran the Broken

19 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

"Wherever Arya danced the people died"

Don't tell them that the dragons are weapons of mass destruction, and like out own worlds WMDs only did good when they were used as a deterrent, not as a weapon.

But I'm sure given that Dany is the Fairy God Queen her using nukes will have no negative consequences what so ever.

21 hours ago, U. B. Cool said:

:agree:

The FM needed a child who is familiar enough with the area to find the wildfire cache.  Although I can see Arya freelancing.  Like she wants to blow up Cersei and end up creating a chain reaction that ignites all of the wildfire.  Oooooppppps,  says the girl.  The Gods would be pleased though.  Maybe the Old God's too.  Of course she could also do this for a good reason, like if the city gets taken over by wights.

It's a shame to waste wildfire like that. The entire supply should be carted to the north and used against the White Walkers.  

1 hour ago, The Sleeper said:

The only who knows where it might be or that it even exists is Jaime.

Any that had already been found was used in the Blackwater battle.

I forgot he told Brienne. 

Too bad that it doesn't really help us as they're now both in Stonehearts gentle care, probably heading towards Red Wedding 2.nakam.

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Too bad that it doesn't really help us as they're now both in Stonehearts gentle care, probably heading towards Red Wedding 2.nakam.

The other possible option is Varys. But it would be depend on how much he had developed his network back then. Still it is a massive undertaking that hard for him to miss. So odds are good that he does know. 

Truth be told considering how unstable they are supposed to be, they'd be useless as a weapon of war. They are too dangerous to use or move and the only purpose would be to destroy King's Landing. Perhaps though they could used as mines. 

Still an accidental during a battle or a riot is by far the likeliest option. 

23 minutes ago, The Sleeper said:

Still an accidental during a battle or a riot is by far the likeliest option. 

Probably, though we shouldn't forget Cersei. Qyburn's network is growing and with him exploring the passageways more and more he's bound to find the wildfire at some point. If he does then Cersei will have all she needs to become Aerys III.

Archived