Who will detonate the wildfire, and why? Please stop and let this thread die...

Alyn Oakenfist

Just now, Jay21 said:

Tyrion. Based on where and how we see him last and his comments at his trial.  Part of him would enjoy it, part of him would see it as justice and I think the rest of him would see the horror of what he'd done about as soon as he did it.  I don't have the handle on the next two books that some people do but he just seems to be getting darker and angrier and more prone to casual murder.  Sometimes I think that something will happen to Penny and it will push him over the edge, but I wonder too if he won't go over the edge first and kill her himself. I suspect that either way, once she's done there won't be left any of the loveable dwarf from Game and Clash.

It would be such a tragic point for so many of us who have followed the character for years, an ultimate betrayal of his victory over Stannis.  I don't think anyone else pulling it off could have the same emotional impact for us readers. Maybe Dany, but that's just so obvious any two dimwits with a camera crew and a license could have come up with it, so I suspect that George will us hit with something a little punchier.

Arya and Euron could do something like that. 

6 minutes ago, Annalee said:

Arya and Euron could do something like that. 

Arya doing it would be tragic too.  Could she end up in a position to do it?  Would she knowingly do it?  I don't think the girl we know today would but who knows how the next novel and a half might change her?

Euron seems like a candidate too, but as much as I think he would want to, I think that if it comes up he would be stopped.  He's already a horrible person, so's Cersei, and I just don't think there's a lot of payoff by having a horrible person do horrible things.  Having one of the 'good guys' go that dark though... that can be some strong stuff.

4 hours ago, Jay21 said:

Sometimes I think that something will happen to Penny and it will push him over the edge, but I wonder too if he won't go over the edge first and kill her himself.

Maybe she also betrays him and then he goes completely mad.

3 hours ago, Ewan McGregor said:

The Faceless men have already destroyed the city of Valyria

If you mean the alleged assassination of the mages controlling the fourteen flames, it's just a theory. And if it happened, it was for the better. No good comes from meddling with nature, either via science or sorcery. And the racist narcissistic Valyrians were not saints. They were the largest slave owners, treated humans worse than cattle in their unquenchable greed for more of everything 

They will want to destroy the second largest city the Valyrians built too

The Valyrians didn't build KL. Aegon the Conqueror built the foundation which was developed by future Targ kings. Post-Doom Targaryens are very different from the Valyrians since they are heavily mixed with Westerosi culture. @Lord Varyshas elaborated on this time and again IIRC.

They will use Arya and her bloodlust after Jon is dealt with

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure you are the alter ego of Sheev now.... McGregor 

4 hours ago, Ewan McGregor said:

The Faceless men have already destroyed the city of Valyria.  They will want to destroy the second largest city the Valyrians built too.  They will use Arya and her bloodlust after Jon is dealt with.

Minor quibble: Valyria isn't a city, it is a rather large peninsula.

Medium quibble: Kings Landing was built by Aegon Targaryen long after the doom, so it is not a Valyrian city.

Major quibble: Arya does not kill indescriminately. She focuses on specific targets. She's an assasian, not a mass murderer. Blowing up Kings Landing isn't her style.

7 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

Medium quibble: Kings Landing was built by Aegon Targaryen long after the doom, so it is not a Valyrian city.

It's the legacy of the Targaryens, the greatest city in Westeros, showing all they can achieve.  Naturally the Faceless Men and the Citadel will want it gone.  

7 hours ago, Nathan Stark said:

Major quibble: Arya does not kill indescriminately. She focuses on specific targets. She's an assasian, not a mass murderer. Blowing up Kings Landing isn't her style.

Arya is a loose psychopath.  She is already killing innocent people and barely handing on to her sanity.  Losing her beloved Jon will be what pushes her over the edge with the help of the Faceless Men.

1 hour ago, Ewan McGregor said:

It's the legacy of the Targaryens, the greatest city in Westeros, showing all they can achieve.  Naturally the Faceless Men and the Citadel will want it gone.  

Why?

4 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:
1 hour ago, Ewan McGregor said:

Why?

It's the Judeo-Bolshevik Citadel FM conspiracy, working to end everything the Valyrian master race ever did.

23 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

It's the Judeo-Bolshevik Citadel FM conspiracy, working to end everything the Valyrian master race ever did.

20 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Coz he's IRL racist, elitist, fanaticist, etc 

Oh, and it's his 666th account 

I asked him tho. I want to read  why @Ewan McGregor thinks the way he does.

1 hour ago, CamiloRP said:

Why?

The Faceless men and the Citadel are in a century old consipracy against Valyria.  They were the ones do destroy Valyria.  They were the ones to kill the dragons.  Or at least attempt to.  Dany has managed to twart them in that, just like she will continue to twart the reactionaries.  In the meantime however, if they can't strike at the last Targaryen, they'll strike at their legacy.  King's Landing, a city built by them showing the great things they did for Westeros.  They know the people of Kings Landing are still loyal to the Targaryens, which is another reason why they will remove it.

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

58 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

I'm waiting for the answer too, if it will ever come. He hasn't yet replied to the spam allegations. Probably switched from Obi Wan to Sheev

1 hour ago, TheLastWolf said:

Coz he's IRL racist, elitist, fanaticist, etc 

Oh, and it's his 666th account 

You guys are hilarious.  Get a life.  Buy one if you can't

34 minutes ago, Ewan McGregor said:

The Faceless men and the Citadel are in a century old consipracy against Valyria.  They were the ones do destroy Valyria.  They were the ones to kill the dragons.  Or at least attempt to.  Dany has managed to twart them in that, just like she will continue to twart the reactionaries.  In the meantime however, if they can't strike at the last Targaryen, they'll strike at their legacy.  King's Landing, a city built by them showing the great things they did for Westeros.  They know the people of Kings Landing are still loyal to the Targaryens, which is another reason why they will remove it.

They should've just murdered Viserys and Dany way back after the Rebellion. That would've been the most efficient moment to remove Valyrian Nobel once and for all!
After all, they are a assassins society

Archived