Who will detonate the wildfire, and why? Please stop and let this thread die...

Alyn Oakenfist

On 12/8/2020 at 6:38 AM, Annalee said:

The only reason for Daenerys Targaryen to burn her city, the city her ancestors built, will be to stop the Others and their ice wights from further spreading.  She will have no choice should the city fall to the Others and becomes overrun with wights.  This is possible.  The Pale Mare is the training for how to stop the spread of wightification.  The Others and their ice wights will be treated as an infectious disease.

The person who might burn the city out of spite is Arya Stark.  She has knelt in the altar of the god of death and she will snap emotionally.  The ghost of HH was disturbed by Arya and foresaw the many people that little one will kill.  The old lady would not have been disturbed if Arya's victims are all bad people. 

On 12/7/2020 at 6:49 PM, Wolf's Bane said:

Arya Stark.  Arya Stark will detonate the wildfire.  She's just crazy enough and angry enough to do it.  All hell will break loose when she learns of her beloved Jon getting killed by his own Night's Watch men.  She will sling blame all over the place and in her despair, take her anger out on as many people she can.   

She will not handle Jon's execution well.  An angry Arya Stark will be the one to perpetrate a destruction of this scale. 

On 12/19/2020 at 10:17 AM, Bullrout said:

Yup

It is actually not ridiculous.  Arya is sick.  She's sick in the head.  She has joined an organization which kills people.  This organization could have been the one responsible for the doom of valyria.  They have no qualms about killing and they consider it a tribute to their many faced gods.  Arya will lose her sanity after knowing her brother Jon was killed.  The faceless men could even feed her the information and leave out the fact that Jon was a traitor to the watch.  She will only hear this.  Jon was attempting to rescue her and then he was killed.  Arya's mind is already fragile. 

You started a topic and intentionally limited who you want to be the guilty in order to smear them.  I see nothing wrong with the others who disagree with you and put forth the idea that the most likely person to do this is Arya Stark.  I am also disagreeing with you.  So you wanted to smear Daenerys Targaryen and Cersei Lannister.  You want to limit the talks to them.  You don't get to do that.  You posted your theory and it is only natural for people to disagree with you.  Me, I think Arya Stark is totally messed up in the head.  Her school and teachers are monsters whose curriculum teaches students to kill.  They worship the gods of murder.  Arya and the fm are the most likely people to commit this amount of destruction and death.  This is their trade.

Like and :agree:

2 hours ago, Pontius Pilate said:

She will not handle Jon's execution well.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wait, you serious? Execution? Remind me again, when the fuck was Bowen Marsh elected Lord Commander? Or do you hate a character so much you can't even say they were murdered, it's just too hard?

Jon was assassinated.  For a good reason, but it was still an assassination.  Arya cannot be expected to accept this with grace.  Most sisters would not.  Jon betrayed his brothers in arms for her.  One of the options to her is to go mass murder and blow up the capital city.  She could do that or proceed to methodically go through her list of people.  I could see her taking either or both of those approaches. 

51 minutes ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Jon was assassinated.  For a good reason, but it was still an assassination.

Yes, how dare he do everything he could to protect humanity and the Watch. It wasn't a good reason, however, it was a good reason in their eyes. Jon was shit at communicating stuff in ADWD, and nothing shows this better then his last chapters.

52 minutes ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Most sisters would not.  Jon betrayed his brothers in arms for her.  One of the options to her is to go mass murder and blow up the capital city.  She could do that or proceed to methodically go through her list of people.  I could see her taking either or both of those approaches. 

Actually she will be the one to bring down the wall by selling her soul to the Others.

It is known.

3 hours ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Jon was assassinated.  For a good reason, but it was still an assassination.  Arya cannot be expected to accept this with grace.  Most sisters would not.  Jon betrayed his brothers in arms for her.  One of the options to her is to go mass murder and blow up the capital city.  She could do that or proceed to methodically go through her list of people.  I could see her taking either or both of those approaches. 

How do you think Sansa would take the same news?  How would Margery,  if Lora's was killed in battle?  

8 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Wait, weren't you on the other side of this debate?

No offense but schizophrenia or DID/MPD exists. It's actually cool, not a bad thing. Watch Manoj Night Shyamalan's Eastrail177 trilogy. Especially Split. Always felt McAvoy deserved an Oscar. Willis and Samuel Jackson bad ass acting as usual. 

9 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Wait, weren't you on the other side of this debate?

Still am.  Always will.  You should know by now.  I don't expect Arya to respond with anything close to sane.  She will go ballistic.  I want to know how Sansa and Marge would handle similar news.  

Just now, Moiraine Sedai said:

Still am.  Always will.  You should know by now.  I don't expect Arya to respond with anything close to sane.  She will go ballistic.  I want to know how Sansa and Marge would handle similar news.  

Sansa will be somewhat sad but she will not lose much sleep over Jon's death.  Margaery would be upset if her brother got killed.  She may vow revenge through political means. 

On 12/17/2020 at 5:54 PM, Texas Hold Em said:

Who will detonate the wildfire, and why?  The faceless men possibly have done this sort of mass murder before if the doom was their work.  So my money is on the faceless men committing this type of mass murder.  They will get Arya Stark to light the fuse.  They saw a messed up young girl who just lost her family and whom they could train to do their dirty work. 

The FM killed the mages who were holding back the flames.  (page 26, The World of Ice and Fire). 

Arya can do this job easily.  Just a spark is all the wildfire will need to wipe out the city.  There are ways to accomplish this without getting killed.   

17 minutes ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

The FM killed the mages who were holding back the flames.  (page 26, The World of Ice and Fire). 

Go back and read that again where they say no one knows who caused the Doom. Then read all the speculations. Then read how the assassinations of the mages may have been Valyrian Houses ordering hits on one another.

GRRM leaning toward Valyria themselves:

GRRM: But you know the Targaryens are the last surviving noble house of the Freehold of Valyria which fell 400 years before the start of Game of Thrones in a cataclysm that...

I: It was their fault, the Fall of Valyria?

GRRM: Perhaps yes. And they had a lot of dragons, and there were a lot of rival dragon riding families. (x)

On 12/9/2020 at 6:44 PM, James West said:

In order of the most likely to detonate the wildfire:

1. Euron Greyjoy
  2. The Faceless Men (Arya Stark)
  3. Arrianne Martell and the Sand Snakes
  4. Arya Stark on her own initiative.  She would do this if she is near the city when news of Jon's death reaches her. 
  5. Cersei Lannister
  6. Stannis Baratheon
  7. The Sparrows
  8. The Wildlings under The Weeper

Aegon or Daenerys would do it only to stop a pandemic.  Greyscale would count as a pandemic.  They will only do so if there is no other way to keep the disease from spreading. 

Jon Snow would turn destroyer if Arya gets killed before he does.  He is another vengeful sort.  But he will use ice to do his dirty work.  He could lead an army of wights into the city.  I assume a few wights will get through the Trident and menace the south.  Jon would be part of that army.

Euron, Arya, and Cersei are the most likely to burn King's Landing. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

It will be revenge with Arya and an offering for the faceless men.

I am getting quite tired of asking this, but why would Arya do something like that.

Her killing style, is hyper focused on the different persons she held accountable for whatever, that's the point of her list (a kind of death note if you will). So why would she go from specific personal revenge killing to pointless genocide?

Just now, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I am getting quite tired of asking this, but why would Arya do something like that.

Her killing style, is hyper focused on the different persons she held accountable for whatever, that's the point of her list (a kind of death note if you will). So why would she go from specific personal revenge killing to pointless genocide?

You have to ask why?  She's an apprentice in Murder University.  Those homicidal maniacs created a religion out of murder and human sacrifice.  Arya is struggling to hang on to sanity.  We already know what she's capable of.  She killed 3 people while still a student.  Arya is cold inside.  The girl will graduate soon and get her degree.  Her thesis, destroy the most populous city in Westeros. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

You have to ask why?  She's an apprentice in Murder University.

I'd say Assassin school, but yes she is. But. their teachings too are about individual hyper targeted assassinations, not mass murder.

3 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Those homicidal maniacs created a religion out of murder and human sacrifice.

Yes, but not mass murder bordering on genocide

She killed 3 people while still a student.

And doubtlessly she will kill dozens more. But not hundreds of thousands just because.

Arya is cold inside.

She really isn't. Read her chapters again. She does have her rage and thirst for vengeance, but she is still a kind person with everyone else.

4 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

The girl will graduate soon and get her degree.

I doubt it. There are too many things anchoring Arya to her identity, be it her love for her siblings, her death list or Needle.

In fact, after Mercy I, it's safe to say she's expelled.

6 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Her thesis, destroy the most populous city in Westeros. 

When? When does she think or say anything bordering that?

Just now, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I'd say Assassin school, but yes she is. But. their teachings too are about individual hyper targeted assassinations, not mass murder.

Yes, but not mass murder bordering on genocide

And doubtlessly she will kill dozens more. But not hundreds of thousands just because.

She really isn't. Read her chapters again. She does have her rage and thirst for vengeance, but she is still a kind person with everyone else.

I doubt it. There are too many things anchoring Arya to her identity, be it her love for her siblings, her death list or Needle.

In fact, after Mercy I, it's safe to say she's expelled.

When? When does she think or say anything bordering that?

Arya dreams of killing a lot of people.  She has a list of people to kill.  That could easily expand to the population of a city.  Her father was killed in this city, in front of a hostile audience.  And like I said, the girl is barely holding on to her sanity. 

Archived