Which characters are playing dumb?

Alyn Oakenfist

So the ones I can think of are:

- Mace. Mace might not be the smartest person in the world, but he does seem a lot cleverer then he lets on. Even if all his clever actions are done at his mother's behest, he still shows intelligence in that she abides by his mother.

- Patchface. Whoever or Whatever Patchface is serving, it's clear from his poetries that he's anything but simple.

- Moon boy I'd say is very likely too.

- Sansa clearly plays dumb for all the court all through ACOK and most of ASOS.

- Daenaerys often plays meek and dumb and going on about "how she's just a girl" in order to get the upper hand.

And that's all I can think of. Who else do you think is playing dumb?

16 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

- Mace. Mace might not be the smartest person in the world, but he does seem a lot cleverer then he lets on. Even if all his clever actions are done at his mother's behest, he still shows intelligence in that she abides by his mother.

- Patchface. Whoever or Whatever Patchface is serving, it's clear from his poetries that he's anything but simple.

- Daenaerys often plays meek and dumb and going on about "how she's just a girl" in order to get the upper hand.

Not on regular basis like the ones mentioned above, but Illyrio Mopatis, while talking to Tyrion. He pretends he is not getting irony and malicious comments from time to time, seems he's enjoying it. Same when he conversates with Viserys (but for different reasons).

I do not think Mace is playing, Id say he is not such an idiot as some take him for.

16 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Sansa is not playing at it.

Agreed, she is dumb in the beginning, later she plays Alayne, not dumb :)

12 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Mace is fluff, he ain't playin dumb.  Momma's boy through and through.  Patchface spends 3 books trying to communicate his weird warnings in song.  That well could be the only way he can communicate since reanimating, resurrecting--not sure what to call what happened to him.  But I think you're on the right track with the fools so add Butter Bumps to the list.  Sansa is playing a part, and not doing an awesome job of it, but dumb?  Dany was a good call, she rocks her I am just a young girl schtick.   

Archived