NFL 2020: Stop the Steel(ers)

Maithanet

18 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm still wondering, is Kirk Cousins good?:

The answer to that is no.  He's a poor man's Matt Stafford except they pay him more than Stafford but Stafford can very occasionally win you a game by himself.  Kirk Cousins makes you think he can win a game by himself with his stats but when push comes to shove, always loses that game.  Always.

Seattle’s OL was poor again today, but that was true a few weeks ago when Seattle easily took care of the Rams at home.  The three turnovers given up today, plus terrible third downs, was really the big difference today.

Wilson went from an MVP candidate early in the season to an erratic thrower of interceptions who could no longer reliably elude the pass rush with his legs.  He needs a better OL.  And it didn’t help that Jamal Adams was playing hurt today.  He’ll have surgery on that shoulder now.

But of course the Bears will win tomorrow to prolong my interest in the playoffs. Of course. 

Watching the two later games I'm really disappointed we didn't get to see Johnny Hekker at quarterback for the Rams. Good effort from Heineke. It does seem to me that the NFL needs some sort of development league because the assessment of who's going to be any use at quarterback seems very hit and miss.

6 hours ago, ljkeane said:

Watching the two later games I'm really disappointed we didn't get to see Johnny Hekker at quarterback for the Rams. Good effort from Heineke. It does seem to me that the NFL needs some sort of development league because the assessment of who's going to be any use at quarterback seems very hit and miss.

Baseball, Football and Hockey all have this, but the NFL lazily pawns the job off to the NCAAF to develop its unpaid players. Terrible system imo. 

And incredibly unfair to the athletes risking injury to programs that profit while the athlete receives no compensation.

Just put those terms together- risking injury, no compensation, for others profit. And it's impossible to not be disappointed and see the NFL bears some responsibility in this exploitation.

Chicago despite playing well defensively for over 3 quarters........ with a bonehead 4th down offsides, keeping Brees on the field in the redzone with a fresh set of downs.....of course he makes them pay for that and puts Saints up 14-3.

2 score game still, so we'll see if Trubinski can get anything on the board yet?

Archived