NFL 2020: Stop the Steel(ers)

Maithanet

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The Steelers were the top defense in all kinds of measures during the regular season, but the Browns hung almost 50 on them anyway.  Can't turn the ball over a handful of times and expect to win.

To be fair, they did lose some key pieces on their D.

59 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

To be fair, they did lose some key pieces on their D.

It's the playoffs teams don't get excuses when it's win or go home, they got their asses kicked 2 weeks in a row.

Eta: That'd be like claiming the Browns had no Odell

50 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

?The Browns didn't even practice, their coach(es) was under quarantine and they hired a few guys out of the parking lot.

Was just saying the D that helped them go 11-0 wasn't the same down the stretch. It's still a major embarrassment that they lost given as you said the Browns couldn't even properly prepare for the game.

51 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Browns winning their first playoff game in 25 years w/everything stacked against them is hands down the best story of the season.  I can't see how they beat the Chiefs, though.  

Kareem Hunt revenge game?

The Chiefs look very beatable, their offense has been stuck in second gear for months now.  If the offense returns to form it's probably all over for the league, since the defense looks better than last year.  But that's a huge IF - usually teams with a ton of talent that are still struggling don't suddenly put it together in January. 

Of course, the Chiefs can probably beat Cleveland even if the offense is still underachieving.  I'm less certain they can beat Baltimore/Buffalo. 

14 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The Chiefs look very beatable, their offense has been stuck in second gear for months now.  If the offense returns to form it's probably all over for the league, since the defense looks better than last year.  But that's a huge IF - usually teams with a ton of talent that are still struggling don't suddenly put it together in January...

The Chiefs do seem to be misfiring on offense, although perhaps not quite as much as the Steelers.  But for both teams in the last month or so, when you watch their games, the overall feeling you come away with is disappointment, as the offenses were not really meeting expectations for performance based on potential.

That is why the Bills seem so potent.  They have an offense that is running at or near capacity all the time for the past month.  There is no sense of sickness or inefficiency when they take the field.

Well that was rough. Ranking this L above the Tebow OT TD and the 2017 loss to the Jags. By no means did I think we were going anywhere in the postseason. We had proven that the 11-0 was Fraudulent by all means. However, certainly thought we'd win tonight easily. Can't believe Tomlin punted on the fourth and one. At no time in the game did we have more momentum than at that point. And we punt... Ah well. 

As for offseason changes, I'm good on running it back with Ben. Time to face the music that he's done, and the sooner we do that the sooner we can start to find his successor which is the hardest position to get right in professional sports. As for Tomlin, I'd wait and see what's available before making a decision there. Easy to say Fire the coach!!! Yeah, cool, but who's gonna replace him? Look how many coaches the Brownies have run through in two decades. Woof. Can't see the Rooney's firing him either. Their patience can be a blessing/curse. Can't argue with his pitiful record since the 2011 SB. 3 playoff wins. I don't see a move happening there, but I think it's time we consider it. The Steelers don't hang playoff berth banners. Would say bye to Juju. Thanks for the memories and Tiktoks, not worth $$$. He does do a lot for the community so won't hate too hard but he has Lev Bell levels of side projects so I'll pass. O-line needs revamped. Old and broken. Pouncey wtf was that snap??? Will need to get Watt signed, he's the real deal. And desperately need a solid RB. Seems like one of the easiest positions to fill in the league. 

29 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Trump is planning to give Bill Belichick the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

No this isn't a joke.  I have no idea why Bill Belichick would deserve such an award, other than being friends with Trump. 

Given it's Trump the automatic assumption is there's something dodgy about it but, to be fair, plenty of people in the past seem to have got it for being successful in various sports.

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

Given it's Trump the automatic assumption is there's something dodgy about it but, to be fair, plenty of people in the past seem to have got it for being successful in various sports.

Trump did just give the medals to three golfers too. I don't have much emotional investment in the Pats these days, but I really hope Belichick turns it down.

46 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm gonna assume the Pederson firing as a sign the Eagles couldn't find anyone that wanted to trade for Wentz.

Fired three years after a championship. What a fall. If he hadn't jobbed his final game against WFT, I wonder if he'd still have a job.

Archived