NFL 2020: Stop the Steel(ers)

Maithanet

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

So happy for the Bills.  

I wouldn't say I'm happy for them, but I do wish them well. I have much less rancor in me for the Bills than I do for the other AFC East teams.

I'm enjoying these playoffs from a less emotionally invested perspective. It's pretty cool that I spent over a decade wishing for Brady vs Brees or Rodgers in the Super Bowl and it never happened, and now Brady has to get through both of them to potentially face Mahomes for a title.

13 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I wouldn't say I'm happy for them, but I do wish them well. I have much less rancor in me for the Bills than I do for the other AFC East teams.

I'm enjoying these playoffs from a less emotionally invested perspective. It's pretty cool that I spent over a decade wishing for Brady vs Brees or Rodgers in the Super Bowl and it never happened, and now Brady has to get through both of them to potentially face Mahomes for a title.

I've always had a soft spot for the Bills, and assuming that BB regains his footing in a year or so, now is a great time to take advantage of that, and they did.  

Not sure TB will get past Brees today, Bucs have been somewhat err, hot and cold this season.  And I believe that Payton is the better coach, though that doesn't always guarantee a win. 

As a Niners fan growing up in upstate New York in the nineties, I always had a rather complicated relationship with the Bills.  Happy to say I've finally gotten over the childhood resentment of all my friends and the entire city being obsessed with the Bills and am rooting for them this year.

Browns defense was just too godawful this year to get it done.  They need to invest a lot of their draft in defensive playmakers.

Still a great season.  No shame in losing to the defending champs.  Happy to have some actual hope for the future for once.

Also, Baker Mayfield is a better quarterback than Lamar Jackson.  Fight me.

next up:  Tom Brady vs Drew Brees.  Yes, again.

If we're lucky, this one will end in OT with a final score of 2-0 when one of the aforementioned is called for Intentional Grounding in the End Zone for an automatic safety and we get to see them throw a gloriously indignant "Do You Know Who I Am?" Karen Shitfit over actually having that called on them.

No, I'm not picky about which one it is.

Not a shocking outcome. I’d love to see them go to Green Bay and win but I just can’t see that happening. They struggled with Brees so Rodgers will torch them, weather permitting of course. 
Pretty sure Brees had tears in his eyes on the bench. Think it has hit him that he’s played his last game. 

Well we're getting the best conference championship games we could ask for. Bills stand the best chance of dethroning the Chiefs in AFC, and Bucs have a waaaaaay better chance of beating the Packers in GB than the Saints did. If Brees sucks in his dome can you imagine how bad he would be in 20 degree GB weather? Next weekend will be fun. 

Archived