The Challenge: North America's fifth sport (spoilers within)

DanteGabriel

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'll have a little more to say later but that was the saddest, most inept wet fart of an elimination I've ever seen.

I liked the weekly challenge this time, until the end. I mean CT was screwed since there is no way Big T could ever beat Kam in that challenge. If CT had won it he probably would have put them in to the pit against Mechie and Amber. Don't think CT is good w puzzles (?) that could have been epic had neither of them been able to do it.

Yeah, absolutely shameful for both guys. Pretty sad when every person is clowning on you. TJ should've told that Mechie guy, yeah, we won't be seeing you again anytime soon. He did nothing all season. At least Josh can get a little ego boost for winning something.

I'd be scared if I was Josh, Devin and Kyle.  CT, Darrell, and Corey are coming for their gold skulls.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting caught up on The Challenge tonight.  The trivia challenge, as usual, does not disappoint.  TJ's glee when people fall into the water makes me happy too.

The best part was when one of them got this question wrong: "Wolves are vegetarians, true or false?"

TJ: "She got that one wrong?  Holy shit."  :lol:

Yeah I couldn't believe she thought wolves were vegetarian???? 

Funny how Devin antagonized Josh for what he did in the last challenge, then did the same thing himself.. At least he was able to laugh at himself. I would have gone to Josh and bowed at his feet. 

Interested to see what the twist is, my recording cut off right at the end and I have no idea what's going on.

11 hours ago, dbunting said:

Yeah I couldn't believe she thought wolves were vegetarian???? 

Funny how Devin antagonized Josh for what he did in the last challenge, then did the same thing himself.. At least he was able to laugh at himself. I would have gone to Josh and bowed at his feet. 

Interested to see what the twist is, my recording cut off right at the end and I have no idea what's going on.

The twist wasn't revealed in this week's episode so you didn't miss anything.

5 hours ago, briantw said:

The twist wasn't revealed in this week's episode so you didn't miss anything.

Good, I hit the on demand button and realized I would have to watch 88 min of it again to see the last 2 min I missed. Can't fwd through the on demand so fuck that!

58 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Good, I hit the on demand button and realized I would have to watch 88 min of it again to see the last 2 min I missed. Can't fwd through the on demand so fuck that!

They did the typical Challenge / reality show thing where they showed the reactions of the various contestants but are saving the actual reveal for next week.  All I got from the preview for next week is that Big T is still around and that they didn't show either CT or Devin.

That was a fun episode.  The twist with the double elimination that essentially gave CT the ability to shift the game's power dynamics was great.  CT squandering it by being a total asshole to Big T afterward and also pissing off Kyle was a total swerve.  Was this a full on CT heel turn? 

Devin taunting Josh after they were both eliminated was funny.  "Josh, we've got more in common than I thought."  "Fuck off, Devin."  :lol:

I find Devin to be generally likable as a chaotic force who throws a wrench into things for a couple of episodes every season and then gets sent home in something like his second or third elimination.  He wins enough that he can gloat but then loses as soon as he starts gloating.  

Also, apparently the next challenge is just actual torture.  But sadly that's for next week.

Yeah, I thought CT went a little over board and he recognized it too late. I also think he may decide to hang it up after this season. I think he sees that his time is up for this show and wants to go out a winner.

Devin is like a middling challenge competitor, similar to Josh, Kyle and others. He is just good enough to win a challenge and a specific duel but not the whole thing. He really messed up and should have taken on Fessy. Those puzzle pieces were hanging in plain sight before he made his choice of Darrell. This challenge was made for Devin to get Fessy out, it wasn't physical and it had a puzzle, how much better could he ask for??? Plus had he taken out Fessy a gold skull would have been up for grabs and he wouldn't be as big of a target since there would be a free one out there.  Had he won, him, Kyle and CT could have taken control.

They seem to be foreshadowing a finale win by Leroy, or I am just buying into the editing?

I've been on an involuntary timeout for a while so I haven't gotten to comment but I am pretty disappointed with CT. He could have played this thing perfectly if he'd just managed to show some respect to Big T when he chose a new partner.  Especially when she was the one who delivered the challenge win that got him into the winner's seat in the first place.

Seeing her so devastated was legit one of the worst emotional reactions I've felt about this show in twenty-fucking-something years. His gaslighty attempt to try and convince her he's not such a bad guy, where he started insulting her again in some horribly misguided effort at tough love or real talk just made it ten times worse. I was squirming in my seat just watching it.

I really enjoyed the dynamic they had as a team. Sucks it ended that way. I wonder if she'll have an opportunity to get any kind of payback tonight.

I hope they're foreshadowing a Leroy win, especially since CT has fallen so much in my eyes.

Strange decision to not feature CT or Big T at all after last week.  This week was all about how all the women want Fessy as their partner despite the fact that he seems like he kind of sucks at The Challenge.  And now poor Kyle is saddled with Aneesa after talking shit about her all season.  

Yeah it was miserable watching Big T's reaction last week. CT has always been an ass though and if his partner doesn't  live to his expectations he has always berated them. I understand him switching partners but he could have handled it a lot better.

I was hoping for a twist again this week but it's been pretty steady except for the one last time.

I watched an old season recently and it was the one where Bananas is cruising through and they throw in a twist out of no where and had CT and some crap girl show up in the pit and CT carried Bananas like a back pack and knocked him out of the game really close to the finale, seemed really unfair.

With Leroy having KC as a partner I'm not sure who can beat them, if it even is a partners final. Fessy just got a better partner but she usually is mediocre at challenges let alone a final one where it's pretty grueling. 

Leroy and Kaycee sure looks like the strongest team more and more. Both are physically capable and they work well together. Any weaknesses? Leroy worked on his swimming before the season, because that's knocked him out in previous seasons. How good are they are puzzles?

It creeped me out to watch Fessy flirt. I don't know why, besides his general creepiness. I guess he's better off with Nany than Aneesa but Nany's always been just... there. Never made an impression as a particularly capable athlete. But I gotta give her credit for going all out on Gabby, putting a knee on her shoulder and everything. She played hard and rough but not like Fessy, clawing out Nelson's eyes.

I'm sure a big twist is coming either in the episode before the final, or in the final itself. 

9 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

It creeped me out to watch Fessy flirt. I don't know why, besides his general creepiness. I guess he's better off with Nany than Aneesa but Nany's always been just... there. Never made an impression as a particularly capable athlete. But I gotta give her credit for going all out on Gabby, putting a knee on her shoulder and everything. She played hard and rough but not like Fessy, clawing out Nelson's eyes.

I'm sure a big twist is coming either in the episode before the final, or in the final itself. 

Fessy, yeah he is just awkward. His whole flirt game seems to rely on, you know you want me....you know I'm attractive....

Nanny, I hope she just became an anchor for Fessy because I don't like him.

I assume next week is the last one before the finals, probably a battle royal type thing. 

Well there wasn't a battle royal but a big threat went home in Darrell. It was funny as hell watching Kyle and Aneesa celebrate after winning and seeing the others faces since they were so sure they had to be the winners.

Kind of nice seeing CT and Big T get back together even though it was telegraphed earlier in the episode.

Kyle... I couldn't stand him his first season, and tolerated him the second season. This season I love him, he brings a villainous joy to back stabbing people and doesn't care. I really wish he had sent Leroy or Fessy in against Darrell though because that would have been a boss move. Unfortunately Aneesa wouldn't let that happen and reigned him in.

So, is there a twist that you must have a skull to run the final, and there are only 5 each, but there ends up only being 4 teams in the final? Some new twist that ends up screwing Aneesa from making the final yet again? Or was that just TJ being TJ and scaring people...

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

Well there wasn't a battle royal but a big threat went home in Darrell. It was funny as hell watching Kyle and Aneesa celebrate after winning and seeing the others faces since they were so sure they had to be the winners.

Kind of nice seeing CT and Big T get back together even though it was telegraphed earlier in the episode.

Kyle... I couldn't stand him his first season, and tolerated him the second season. This season I love him, he brings a villainous joy to back stabbing people and doesn't care. I really wish he had sent Leroy or Fessy in against Darrell though because that would have been a boss move. Unfortunately Aneesa wouldn't let that happen and reigned him in.

So, is there a twist that you must have a skull to run the final, and there are only 5 each, but there ends up only being 4 teams in the final? Some new twist that ends up screwing Aneesa from making the final yet again? Or was that just TJ being TJ and scaring people...

Since they have no idea what would happen if they couldn't agree on who to send down, it was probably safer for Kyle to just go with her choice since it was a men's elimination.  If they couldn't agree, it's possible they would be the team to go down instead and Kyle had no incentive to let that happen, which gave Aneesa all the power.

• 2 weeks later...

I was pulling for Big T in that final but it wasn't meant to be. I loved it when Fessy got stolen again, serves him right and I hope he has to stay w her and she out does him in the final. Would love to see him gas out again and his "weak " partner do better than him.

With CT being rogue he should be safe this next week so Kyle has to win. Would be great if he did and got Leroy vs Fessy with Fessy going home.

That would still leave four teams and they generally do the final with three, so a double the week after or still two more weeks before the final?

I started watching an older season of the show that I've never seen before, Fresh Meat.  It's teams of two and the elimination round basically has the teams going on a hike, but the twist is they have to carry weight in bags equal to the weight of the luggage they brought with them on the trip.

So far, I'm like five eliminations in and Wes and his partner have been in every one and won them all.  Everyone always hated Wes apparently.  

12 minutes ago, briantw said:

I started watching an older season of the show that I've never seen before, Fresh Meat.  It's teams of two and the elimination round basically has the teams going on a hike, but the twist is they have to carry weight in bags equal to the weight of the luggage they brought with them on the trip.

So far, I'm like five eliminations in and Wes and his partner have been in every one and won them all.  Everyone always hated Wes apparently.  

I think I watched that not too long ago or I'm confused. I didn't hear them say the weight was based on luggage. And yes, Wes has pretty much always been hated. 

I finished Rivals 3(?) recently and damn...I mean I understand why the person did what they did but damn.

I will say one thing, no other reality show has as rough of a final challenge as this show does. Others may be harder over all (Alone) but this show kills them for the final challenge.

41 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I think I watched that not too long ago or I'm confused. I didn't hear them say the weight was based on luggage.

I believe there are multiple seasons where exile is two teams hiking against each other while carrying weight.  Not sure how the weight is determined in the others, as it's been ages since I watched them. 

Archived