AGOT - Jon's final chapter

Kingdoms'Rites

The chapter starts with Jon leaving the Wall and the NW to head south.  Midway through the chapter, I was really intrigued by this paragraph:

Tyrion Lannister had claimed that most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it, but Jon was done with denials.  He was ho he was; Jon Snow a bastard and oathbreaker, motherless, friendless, and damned.  For the rest of his life - however long that be - he would be condemned to be an outsider, the silent man standing in the shadows who dares not speak his true name.  Wherever he might go throughout the Seven Kingdoms, he would need to live a lie, lest every man's hand be raised against him.  But it made no matter, so long as he lived long enough to take his place by his brother's side and help avenge his father.

I found this particularly interesting on a reread given our forgone conclusions about Jon's parentage.  Upon a reread, we already know that Jon is indeed living a lie (thanks to Eddard), and if he were not living the lie, King Robert would have had "every man's hand raised against him". 

Is it possible that that Jon's future could be tied to that of Aegon in book 6, taking a place by his brother's side and helping to avenge his (their) father?  This foreshadowing would rely on Aegon not being fAegon, which I know is up for debate.  Who knows, but it could be interesting though.....

That's a really good thought - why not post it on the main forum? (This one's a bit quiet.) If you don't want to start a new thread, there's the

'I never noticed that' thread which is handy for connections like these.

(Personally, I don't think Robert would have touched Ned's nephew and Lyanna's son, but that seems to be a minority opinion.)

Archived