Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

34 minutes ago, briantw said:

@Ran

I really hope at some point we can use that pistol that Keanu used because it was fucking awesome.

Took the words out of my mouth. The quick melee strike was sick.

By my count, the whole segment from meeting at the motel to the apartment and freedom of movement was some 40 minutes long. Jeebus.

39 minutes ago, Fez said:

Maybe you can't answer this, but how much worse would the game have had to run on the base consoles from last gen for Microsoft (and Sony) to have straight up just denied certification for those versions?

I have no idea and am not even sure where to start. In general sony and ms work very hard with bigger studios to get them to work well on the platforms, so it would never have been an adversarial approach. 

18 minutes ago, Ran said:

Took the words out of my mouth. The quick melee strike was sick.

By my count, the whole segment from meeting at the motel to the apartment and freedom of movement was some 40 minutes long. Jeebus.

I remember saying to myself, okay, just gonna finish this Heist mission real quick and then take the dogs out.

Two hours later...

So apparently this game is not running so hot on older consoles. Does it work well on older laptops? I'm above the minimum requirements and should be able to run the game on low settings with no real problem, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

And are the bugs in the game that you're all running into fun/hilarious bugs (like Skyrim bugs where mammoths fly through the sky)? Or game-breaking bugs? I have a very high tolerance for bugs as long they don't cause any real problems.

16 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

So apparently this game is not running so hot on older consoles. Does it work well on older laptops? I'm above the minimum requirements and should be able to run the game on low settings with no real problem, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

And are the bugs in the game that you're all running into fun/hilarious bugs (like Skyrim bugs where mammoths fly through the sky)? Or game-breaking bugs? I have a very high tolerance for bugs as long they don't cause any real problems.

Most of the bugs I've run into are either the mildly annoying kind, like UI stuff not going away when it's supposed to and forcing me to save and reload, or the dumb funny kind like hovering NPCs or physics briefly going nuts.  I haven't run into anything game-breaking in around twelve hours.

I can't speak to the console versions.

6 minutes ago, briantw said:

Most of the bugs I've run into are either the mildly annoying kind, like UI stuff not going away when it's supposed to and forcing me to save and reload, or the dumb funny kind like hovering NPCs or physics briefly going nuts.  I haven't run into anything game-breaking in around twelve hours.

This is about my experience as well. Biggest gripe is that I can't wear a hat or V becomes bald. Annoying, but not game breaking.

I need to work on my driving skills. I've mostly been trying to be good and not kill anyone unnecessarily. Then I try to drive to a job and end up killing several people and causing all sorts of property damage. Once I drove off a highway and landed on some people hanging out behind a building. I had to leave the car there because there was no way to drive out. 

I wonder if you can accidentally kill anyone important this way?

18 minutes ago, Jace, Basilissa said:

This is about my experience as well. Biggest gripe is that I can't wear a hat or V becomes bald. Annoying, but not game breaking.

Best glitch so far was when I tried to equip pants after the shower scene in V's apartment following The Heist and the pants didn't equip, but V's dick disappeared, turning him into a Ken doll.  :lol:

Fixed it by simply unequipping the pants and then trying again, but I was cracking up.

54 minutes ago, briantw said:

PC here. 

I had one repeatable physics bug that launched my character a few hundred meter. I jumped from a shelf below a hole in a ceiling to grab the edge and it happend after the pull up animation. I lived because I landed in water. I also encountered a few weird physic interactions involving items but none of them have killed me so far. 

Sometimes I get single objects with really bad graphics mainly with objects that are supposed to reflect things but I might have to tweak some settings. I only have a 1080 Ti and have most settings on mid to hit 60-50 FPS at 3440*1440. It looks pretty good to me apart from that.

I sometimes find items I can't pick up. Random junk only so far.

I did grind hacking a bit by hacking every object I noticed while exploring and I found a few that gave full xp even on multiple tries.

There are some things that seem rather difficult to level like athletics and the perks that reduce stamina cost for things make it even worse but that is just bad balance I guess and not a bug.

The games UI is not well optimized for ultrawide screens and some of the menus look a bit weird. All of them work though. UI bugs involving ultrawide resolutions are pretty common though and I'm just happy that the menus are functional without mods. 

All in all I'm actually impressed but as a Bethesda fan my standards are really low I guess. 

Edit: It is a pretty good release for an open world game imho. At least on PC.

Just had two outstanding quests one after the other.

Spoiler

The second Delamain quest is pretty good, but it has a tough resolution. The only way to get the "best" ending (merge Delamain and his errant AI fragments into one super-AI, a fragment of which becomes a new companion character) is to have an Intelligence of 10. If you haven't got that, you can only get the "bad" ending (kill Delamain and release the errant AIs, who'll occasionally text you random stuff) or the "okay" ending (do a factory reset, killing the errant AIs and reverting Delamain to his state before he met you, which means you lose all the character development resulting from him going through Jackie's death with you).

The other one was dealing with your PTSD cop neighbour, which really went in a direction I wasn't expecting and ended up being quite affecting, especially when you shock the other cop, Mendez, into stopping acting like an arsehole and actually helping his friend out.

I also did the main quest mission with Judy where you track down Evelyn and that was a monster, tough mission as well.

Without spoilers, does anyone further along (I'm only a bit into Act II still) know if any of the main jobs change/fail because you take too long to get started on them? I've got 4 different main jobs right now, and all of them feel like they're on a hidden timer (one even had the job giver send me a text after a few hours that seemed to imply I need to move quickly).

I don't mind a sense of urgency, that's cool. But I'd really like to go slower than the game seems to want to me to go; at least slow enough to do all the named side jobs I come across. Especially since I just had what I think is my first main job that changed somewhat due to a side job I had done back in Act I.

I also had my first crash to desktop. So that's fun too.

Just saw the weirdest bug I've seen. I was getting clothes from the ganger clothing guy. One of the stall merchants is this guy with a large beard. He's blurring and there are 2 of him, basically. It looks like he has 2 heads and 4 arms. One of the two right arms is holding a cigarette, too, but the other is not and is held at the side. They're kind of shifting in place, too, and it then makes it look like it is 2 guys kind of moving through each other like ghosts. I got up right in his face and it was still doing it, I was staring at 2 bearded faces. It's not going away. I guess it will if I reload.

Found a foodie guide to Night City on the counter in a random restaurant that mentions that you should stick to chains unless you have a Trauma Team policy.  :lol:

Also, saw a gang member who was wanted to putting pineapples on a pizza in violation of the Pizza Desecration Act of a year I don't remember.

6 hours ago, Fez said:

Without spoilers, does anyone further along (I'm only a bit into Act II still) know if any of the main jobs change/fail because you take too long to get started on them?

My understanding is no, except for a handful of missions where you're explicitly told you're on the clock. I don't know if this refers to, for example, things like the meeting at Lizzie's Bar that needs to take place between 6 PM and 6 AM.

The game crashed on me twice yesterday and I’m playing it on a PS5; I can only imagine what it’s like for those playing on a PS4. The second crash was a pleasant surprise, because it somehow gave me a level up. 

There's a lot of jokes and references to other games, although some feel a bit hypocritical and outdated. The one about the "non-appearance" of the third game in a popular video game series, clearly a jab at Half-Life, is actually a little bit nonsensical given CP77's own immense delays and the fact that in just a bit more than a third of CP77's development time, Valve conceived, planned, made and released a complete Half-Life game.

Spoiler

GLaDOS's appearance would have been hilarious in 2013 or 2014, still raised a smile in 2016, but feels a bit outdated now. I suspect a lot of younger gamers will be scratching their heads at that bit.

11 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I'm enjoying this game but how police spawns is one of the most moronic things I have ever encountered in a game.

I've only triggered a police response once. They sent drones to engage me at first and only deployed officers once I shot down the drones. I reloaded at that point. If you keep escalating the situation they apparently air-drop MAXTAC units onto you which you are very unlikely to survive.

3 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I've only triggered a police response once. They sent drones to engage me at first and only deployed officers once I shot down the drones. I reloaded at that point. If you keep escalating the situation they apparently air-drop MAXTAC units onto you which you are very unlikely to survive.

The problem is that police spawn directly behind you, which is bad when you are inside. It's not fun and it also looks stupid.

Also, there's apparently no true driving AI. All the cars we see are on set paths (which is why they don't try going around you when your car blocks the road). Which means that the police can't chase you if you are outside. 

It's the one non-bug, non-quality of life related complaint about the game that I really agree with.

Archived