Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

I mean, it's not nothing since for Corpo at least you get dialog options which have, on at least on several occasions, shaped the direction of certain interactions and stories. I can't say whether Nomad or Street Kid also provide those kinds of dialog options in other, appropriate scenarios.

To me, one aspect of an RPG is that you generally don't start playing a game as a newborn. You usually start as a young adult or what have you who has a background, relations, etc. The idea that Jackie wasn't always a friend and ally in your background was never in my mind and, near as I can tell, was never suggested by CDPR. It seemed pretty clear from the prominence that any prologue was going to be about how your characters teamed up more so than necessarily about how your characters came to know each other or whether they'd team up.

8 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Well there is an incredible easy way to make money... 

Hide contents

Buy soft drinks(10 €§) and disassemble them. The parts sell for more and there is a perk which increases the number of parts you get. An oversight I guess.

Nah, its just that money is super easy to get. If you want to play "pawn shop simulator" that's fine with them. 

Apparently the most lucrative is crafting rare incendiary grenades for the cost of one common and one uncommon component, breaking them down and getting rare materials (somehow), and selling those. There's an even more lucrative one involving a painting you can sell for 4,000, buy back for 5, and rinse repeat... All buggy stuff, really.

Personally, I'm avoiding exploits like that and just making money by breaking up assaults, hacking access points, and so on. It doesn't seem that hard to rack up thousands that way.

11 hours ago, Ran said:

I mean, it's not nothing since for Corpo at least you get dialog options which have, on at least on several occasions, shaped the direction of certain interactions and stories. I can't say whether Nomad or Street Kid also provide those kinds of dialog options in other, appropriate scenarios.

Those Dialog options pop up for Nomad and Street Rat in the exact same spots with the exact same outcomes without fail. 

EDIT:  Granted I'm only about 8 hours in with all 3 but thus far no deviations.  Hopefully later, but I doubt it.

I picked Street Kid and I've had quite a few chances to use unique dialogue options from it but there's only been once or twice where it actually seemed to matter beyond getting some additional flavor text about something. 

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Apparently the most lucrative is crafting rare incendiary grenades for the cost of one common and one uncommon component, breaking them down and getting rare materials (somehow), and selling those. There's an even more lucrative one involving a painting you can sell for 4,000, buy back for 5, and rinse repeat... All buggy stuff, really.

Personally, I'm avoiding exploits like that and just making money by breaking up assaults, hacking access points, and so on. It doesn't seem that hard to rack up thousands that way.

I did not really use it. I was just cleaning my inventory and noticed that you can do that. Kals approach and the grenade approach might work if you invest in crafting but all of the base items I checked sell for less than the components. Base components sell for 5 €$ a piece and you need 29 to craft a weapons that sell for 20 €$. It is actually more profitable to dissemble most items from what I can tell as components sell for far more and it gets worse with higher quality items at least with base stats.

2 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I did not really use it. I was just cleaning my inventory and noticed that you can do that. Kals approach and the grenade approach might work if you invest in crafting but all of the base items I checked sell for less than the components. Base components sell for 5 €$ a piece and you need 29 to craft a weapons that sell for 20 €$. It is actually more profitable to dissemble most items from what I can tell as components sell for far more and it gets worse with higher quality items at least with base stats.

Yeah, I do find the pricing on some things a bit odd, strongly favoring disassembling. Presumably they wanted to encourage crafting, and to be sure, in the early going crafting is I think cost-effective. But in the mid-game I'm starting to think that saving up to respec to free up about a dozen perk points to distribute them elsewhere is not a bad idea.

Spoiler

After buying blue gorilla arms, I won the second fist fight really easily, but the others are still listed as 'Very High' difficulty. 

You get a pretty sharp sniper rifle with a huge head shot bonus, by the by. Not quite at the level to use it yet.

CD Projekt Addresses Why It Didn't Delay Cyberpunk 2077 Again

...Nowakowski seems to imply that the company simply didn't realise how broken some versions of the game were: "It is more about us looking – as was previously stated – at the PC and next-gen performance rather than current-gen. We definitely did not spend enough time looking at that."

That seems like total bullshit to me, all they would have had to do is play the game for five minutes on the old systems. In testing the game to see that it ran at all they had to have seen that it ran and looked like shit. 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

CD Projekt Addresses Why It Didn't Delay Cyberpunk 2077 Again

That seems like total bullshit to me, all they would have had to do is play the game for five minutes on the old systems. In testing the game to see that it ran at all they had to have seen that it ran and looked like shit. 

From modern development this is a bit tricky - especially since they thought they would have a day 1 patch which would fix it and were likely told they would. In terms of engineering this likely means they didn't prioritize console bugs as showstopper bugs correctly. 

19 hours ago, Ran said:

Yeah, I do find the pricing on some things a bit odd, strongly favoring disassembling. Presumably they wanted to encourage crafting, and to be sure, in the early going crafting is I think cost-effective. But in the mid-game I'm starting to think that saving up to respec to free up about a dozen perk points to distribute them elsewhere is not a bad idea.

Reveal hidden contents

After buying blue gorilla arms, I won the second fist fight really easily, but the others are still listed as 'Very High' difficulty. 

You get a pretty sharp sniper rifle with a huge head shot bonus, by the by. Not quite at the level to use it yet.

I have a power sniper rifle already which is basically a railgun. On a headshot critical it can do 5,000 damage which insta-kills everything in the game. I have zero memory of where the hell I got it from, except I  was around Level 19 when I found it. 

So I must I really dig the whole '80s vibe of the game.  Not in that it's set in the 80's but it's a future that would be set in an 80's movie.  It's like a cross of Bladerunner and Robocop. 

I have to wonder though.... are there no Garbage trucks/disposal in 2077?  Why is there trash everywhere?  Presumably there are no homeless in NC with the amount of shit you can just pick up and sell.  Also is NC supposed to be like San Diego?  If so why isn't it called... San Diego?

Death Stranding has added a bunch of Cyberpunk 2077 abilities, such as quickhacks and...a motorbike? I get the impression these are somewhat game-breaking ideas.

I know Kojima was flattered to guest-star in CP77, but that seems like an odd response.

11 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

So I must I really dig the whole '80s vibe of the game.  Not in that it's set in the 80's but it's a future that would be set in an 80's movie.  It's like a cross of Bladerunner and Robocop. 

I have to wonder though.... are there no Garbage trucks/disposal in 2077?  Why is there trash everywhere?  Presumably there are no homeless in NC with the amount of shit you can just pick up and sell.  Also is NC supposed to be like San Diego?  If so why isn't it called... San Diego?

Night City is located on Morro Bay, California (with a lot more landfill), between San Francisco and Los Angeles. It's named for its (fictional) founder. I'm not sure if it's in the video game (though the rock station is named after it), but Morro Bay's famous big rock was in the pen-and-paper version of the game, I think someone had a house on it.

Archived