Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

I have a power sniper rifle already which is basically a railgun. On a headshot critical it can do 5,000 damage which insta-kills everything in the game. I have zero memory of where the hell I got it from, except I  was around Level 19 when I found it. 

Sounds like the one I got from the boxing match. 3.8 headshot multiplier makes things go boom.

I haven't been able to do any of the other boxing matches yet. I just got my arse absolutely handed to me. I think I need to respec a bit more for damage reduction because in two punches I'm down, even at Level 24.

I did go into this game thinking it would never throw up anything as monstrously fucked up as the Bloody Baron quest from The Witcher 3, but I was mistaken.

Spoiler

Like, I just crucified someone.

WTF.

40 hours in and I've advanced things a bit more, while becoming a heck of a lot more deadly. 

Spoiler

I've gotten far enough with Takemura to have successfully infiltrated the Arasaka Industries plant and hacked the float, so I then switched to my first venture into Pacifica since that damned Delamain splinter AI led me into an ambush of its own making. Got some hot new gear from their ripperdoc, including a Legendary cyberdeck. Sweeet. 

And then stealthed the mission Placide gave me, up until Sasquatch, who I basically constantly ran away from and then decided to go toe to toe and ... it wasn't as bad as I feared. Once she was down, I saw how big her bounty was, so I took her out for good. I realize now that it was because I successfully stealthed the mission that she was way easier to deal with because she didn't get her hammer and maybe exoskeleton thingie that was shown in videos of that boss fight in the past. If you give her enough warning, she gears up.

But now... I don't know, held off on having the Voodoo Boys take a look at the Relic, and instead am now going to try and advance the Panam story for the first time after racking up some more cash doing some side gigs for Mr. Hands.

Oh, also, for those wondering a bit more about Corpo V's background...

There's a conversation where he mentions having lullabies sung to him on Charter Hill. Per the lore, Charter Hill was the hot corpo executive district in the aftermath of Johnny's nuke in 2033, at least for 20 years or so, then North Oak became the new spot for high-level corpos and the filthy rich. So when V is a kid, Charter Kill is more a place for mid-level corpos dreaming of better things.

Claire's story went in a way off-the-rails darker direction than I'd been expecting.

Spoiler

Her turning into an outright murderer at the end and you can't stop her (unless you stay on the racetrack and just don't pursue the vendetta, but that just pisses Claire off.

You do get the APC out of it though, which is...something, I guess? I don't think there's really a positive end to that storyline.

I do have to say the racing was, in general, pretty poor. The cars constantly despawning and respawning and Claire shooting them never really does anything.

HAHAHA

Spoiler

Best glitch ever. When Jackie's dying and being all sad and shit, the game glitched out and HIS FUCKING GUN WENT INTO HIS HEAD. And then he hands it to me like it's the relic chip.

I'm at a point in the game now where normal difficulty has become trivially easy (my hacks one-hit-kill most enemies) but turning it up to hard results in enemies one-hit-killing me and me still one-hitting most of them. Guess I need to invest in some survivability and try very hard or just accept that I am a hacker god now. 

Never thought I would wish for spongier enemies. 

9 minutes ago, KiDisaster said:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

Sony are pulling the game from sale until further notice. That's a pretty huge blow to CDPR. 

Wow. On the plus side, I guess this means we'll all probably be getting free DLC eventually (since CDPR is going to have to do some NMS-style stuff to get goodwill back, just fixing the bugs won't be enough).

Feels like kind of a cheap shot by Sony though. The game seems to work basically fine on PS5 and even the PS4 Pro, no need to pull the game entirely.

9 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

Lol

I didn't even know they had that much in the first place! 

1 hour ago, Fez said:

Wow. On the plus side, I guess this means we'll all probably be getting free DLC eventually (since CDPR is going to have to do some NMS-style stuff to get goodwill back, just fixing the bugs won't be enough).

Feels like kind of a cheap shot by Sony though. The game seems to work basically fine on PS5 and even the PS4 Pro, no need to pull the game entirely.

It is and it isn't. Sony basically allowed them to go through cert with them promising things were 'fine' and has lost millions of dollars in support costs having to field all these calls as well as massive bad press about their refund policy. CDPR threw them (and MS) under the bus on Monday and didn't bother coordinating conversations with Sony about the refund, the state of patches, etc. 

Sony is basically telling them - but also the rest of the development world - that they do not care how big you are, you don't mess with this. 

10 hours ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

HAHAHA

Hide contents

Best glitch ever. When Jackie's dying and being all sad and shit, the game glitched out and HIS FUCKING GUN WENT INTO HIS HEAD. And then he hands it to me like it's the relic chip.

same thing happened to me

14 hours ago, Werthead said:

I haven't been able to do any of the other boxing matches yet. I just got my arse absolutely handed to me. I think I need to respec a bit more for damage reduction because in two punches I'm down, even at Level 24.

I have a suspicion that two-shotting is coded in in these matches, because I've had any losses happen after two hits in the later matches, even if I healed back to 80% and thought I would have HP to take another hit based on the first.

The cyberware that slows time when blocking or dodging  is handy and then it's a matter of just dodging a lot to keep distance until your stamina is back and you have a sense of the pattern to the fight.

14 hours ago, Werthead said:

I did go into this game thinking it would never throw up anything as monstrously fucked up as the Bloody Baron quest from The Witcher 3, but I was mistaken.

Reveal hidden contents

11 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Lol

I didn't even know they had that much in the first place! 

Their last valuation was at around $8 billion, or more than Microsoft paid for Bethesda.

49 minutes ago, sifth said:

So I only just started Act 2, do the side quests for this game get any better, because so far I'm finding them lack luster, especially compared to the ones in The Witcher 3.

Very much so. The only side-missions in Act 1 are really jobs and gigs, pretty low-key stuff.

In Act 2 you have much longer, more elaborate side-quest chains revolving around major characters which are much more Witcher 3-ry.

17 hours ago, Fez said:

No it doesn't work fine on PS5.  It crashes every few hours.

52 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

No it doesn't work fine on PS5.  It crashes every few hours.

Yup, I played the game yesterday and it crashed on me twice. Played it a few days before that and I had the same issue. I'm just thankful I got my PS5, when I saw the chance.

20 minutes ago, Werthead said:

CDPR have just offered to give everyone on every physical format a full refund, sight unseen. If the store won't provide the refund, they'll do it out of their own pocket.

At this point they should probably just abandon it, right? As long as they still turned a profit when the refunding is finished I can't see a single reason to spend another day on development. The IP is trashed.

Archived