Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

I just discovered that you can kill at least one vendor. I discovered that a ripperdoc was getting his implants from people(similar to the group you face during the first mission) and I was able to kill him after confronting him.  I hope this deed does not bit me in the ass as I do not know if other ripperdocs have some of his less common implants in stock.

9 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I just discovered that you can kill at least one vendor. I discovered that a ripperdoc was getting his implants from people(similar to the group you face during the first mission) and I was able to kill him after confronting him.  I hope this deed does not bit me in the ass as I do not know if other ripperdocs have some of his less common implants in stock.

I ended up killing

Spoiler

the weapon dealer at the Animals fight club during a mission there to deal with a pedophile. I had pinged, saw him and assumed he was an Animal, and shot at him with a tech rifle without realizing who he was. That triggered him arming himself and coming at me, and when I killed him the police were alerted.

I found a list of all the main story mission titles divided by act and at over 70 hours in I am squarely in the middle of the 2nd act. Jeebus.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

Reveal hidden contents

the weapon dealer at the Animals fight club during a mission there to deal with a pedophile. I had pinged, saw him and assumed he was an Animal, and shot at him with a tech rifle without realizing who he was. That triggered him arming himself and coming at me, and when I killed him the police were alerted.

I found a list of all the main story mission titles divided by act and at over 70 hours in I am squarely in the middle of the 2nd act. Jeebus.

I just hit the "point of no return" message, which means I can't continue with the main story until finishing more of the side quests. I was trying to pace out the main story better with side-quests, but that didn't seem to quite pan out.

I have been testing the arm mods and so far I enjoy mantis blades the most although the kill animation is too long for my taste. I think in the end I might go for the projectile launch system for some ranged options or gorilla arms for non-lethal attacks as the mantis blades look really cool but so far a katana seems more effective in combat.

11 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I have been testing the arm mods and so far I enjoy mantis blades the most although the kill animation is too long for my taste. I think in the end I might go for the projectile launch system for some ranged options or gorilla arms for non-lethal attacks as the mantis blades look really cool but so far a katana seems more effective in combat.

I picked up a cyberware mod as part of loot that adds thermal to manits blades. That might make them worthwhile.

I had gorilla arms which are almost required for the street fights, but the second I'm done with them I think I'll switch back to the arms with a built-in missile launcher and 20% extra carrying capacity. I'm annoyed that the gorilla arms don't bolster your grappling chances, and higher-level enemies will just pull out of them regardless of what mods you have (or so it seems).

I'm personally annoyed gorilla arms don't let you tear down doors or lift turrets unless you have a high enough body. Whats the point of cyber things if they don't let you bypass limitations?

17 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

I'm personally annoyed gorilla arms don't let you tear down doors or lift turrets unless you have a high enough body. Whats the point of cyber things if they don't let you bypass limitations?

Yeah. I mean the flavor text mentions these things...

37 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

I picked up a cyberware mod as part of loot that adds thermal to manits blades. That might make them worthwhile.

The blades mods only change the bonus damage from physical to thermal/chemical/electrical(I have found these 3 so far) and change the bonus effect some hits have from bleeding to burn/poison/shock from what I have seen. You can add other mods than blade mods the the better versions I think. It is not a useless weapon. Katanas just seem way faster and the enemies you can instagib with mantis blades tend to die to one heavy katana hit too. You can close distances quickly with the mantis blades which is a plus.

Armour does pretty much jack shit in the game anyway, the bonuses you get are fairly minor (-1 DPS per 10 points, so for my total armour score in 150s I get -15 DPS which is not that much) and the biggest boost to armour is from subdermal tissue mods.

I think this is one of the main reasons they didn't include 3rd person mode, because the "constantly updating armour" approach makes you look like a GI Joe cosplayer who's raided the lost and found department at Coachella for accessories. Whilst drunk.

58 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Armour does pretty much jack shit in the game anyway, the bonuses you get are fairly minor (-1 DPS per 10 points, so for my total armour score in 150s I get -15 DPS which is not that much) and the biggest boost to armour is from subdermal tissue mods.

I think this is one of the main reasons they didn't include 3rd person mode, because the "constantly updating armour" approach makes you look like a GI Joe cosplayer who's raided the lost and found department at Coachella for accessories. Whilst drunk.

Given the state of the game I'm guessing the main reason they didn't implement third person mode is lack of time and resources to make it work right. There's a glitch where you can activate third person and your character is just a headless monstrosity. 

5 hours ago, Werthead said:

Yeah the 200 armor you get from the legendary implant does not seem like much once damage numbers start inflating. On top of that armor does nothing against melee damage apparently. 

Somethink that grants protection against a status effect seems much more worthwhile. Status effects are the main thing that seem to kill me on very hard unless I engage a skulled enemy. 

It still falls like a waste to use legendary armor mods on subpar pieces though. 

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Given the state of the game I'm guessing the main reason they didn't implement third person mode is lack of time and resources to make it work right. There's a glitch where you can activate third person and your character is just a headless monstrosity. 

The fact that you need to power mirrors up suggests the same. I mean Duke Nukem 3D had mirrors that worked IIRC. 

You can see yourself in cameras but you are always crouched. 

Supposedly, if you spec into crafting, you can craft armor mods that give thousands of additional armor. At which point it really would start to make a big difference; though not to melee. I did not do that. But around hour 10 I started just wearing what looked good rather than what gave armor anyway. And I'm doing alright. 

I'm definitely not OP though; and I'm pretty sure I spread my points too thinly to ever get to that point. But I'm doing alright on hard nevertheless. Partly because I somehow got a crazy overpowered handgun. It does 580 DPS when the next best guns I got are still sub-300 DPS. So I use that most of the time even though I spec'd for assault guns and melee weapons.

Don't think I have that many more side jobs left (tons of gigs, but I don't think I'll grind many more of those out), so I'll probably be getting back to the main story soon. I'm hoping some more side jobs will pop up later, but I'm not expecting too much. Pretty sure I've done, or am in the process of doing, all the big ones that I've seen mentioned. Although there's at least one character I remember from the launch trailer that I haven't met yet.

39 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

Today someone with 12,605 minutes played in cyberpunk asked for a refund. 

So I'm not great at math but doesn't that mean he's spent more time since the game came out playing it than he has not playing it? 

32 minutes ago, RumHam said:

So I'm not great at math but doesn't that mean he's spent more time since the game came out playing it than he has not playing it? 

By a pretty large margin actually. 17280 minutes in 12 days. Even if you do 14 days thats 20160. Thats at absolute best playing 13 hours a day every single day. 

I assume he just left his console running with it for a while or something like that, but...yeah. 

6 minutes ago, Kalbear Total Landscaping said:

I assume he just left his console running with it for a while or something like that, but...yeah. 

I'm sure the person like ate with the game on but I wouldn't assume this is some error hugely inflating their playtime. My first college roommate played Everquest 14 hours a day for the entire month he was enrolled. 

I'm kinda impressed with how well you can move around in the game. In many other open world games getting stuck is a real risk especially in Bethesda games. I got one of the jump mods and moving over roofs and stuff works really well. It is not Dying Light but it got decent parkour potential. Death from above. :D

Thoroughly enjoying this now that I've set up my laptop to my TV. Been playing a lot lately and got myself to level 13. Definitely finding the most fun to be blades + handguns + quickhacking but because of that, I've probably spread my points a bit thin (still trying to get some in Technical so I can craft). Still, not having too many issues with most things, I just run around and cut heads off. I'm absolutely terrible at stealth and utilizing the quickhacking to reboot optics or distract or any of that. Pretty much anytime it says do it quietly, I get found out and then murder some fools with my machete. 

One thing that is annoying is that I jumped into the main quest in Act 2 and because I haven't finished some spots, my vision is all fucked up while I do side jobs/gigs. 

Archived