Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

The trains were in the game originally (they're in the first proper trailer) and were pulled, probably because they would have blown up any PS4s or XB1s trying to run them. That does make me think they could be reinstated for the next-gen patch, along with 3rd person mode, without too much trouble.

On 12/4/2021 at 9:17 AM, karaddin said:

On my last run doing the GIM I had my katana drawn while talking to the Netwatch gonk and realised if you stand too close to him it doesn't clip through him or disappear, so the scale of the katana makes his head look like it's a size of a whole body lol.

How many runs have you done now?!?!

15 hours ago, Werthead said:

The trains were in the game originally (they're in the first proper trailer) and were pulled, probably because they would have blown up any PS4s or XB1s trying to run them.

Have you had a chance to try them out yourself in-game? (I'm on a hiatus from games after having dropped 140 hours into Mass Effect: Legendary Edition over the past month or so.)

4 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Have you had a chance to try them out yourself in-game? (I'm on a hiatus from games after having dropped 140 hours into Mass Effect: Legendary Edition over the past month or so.)

No, I haven't played CP77 again since completing my first run-through at the start of January. I was waiting for some additional content drops, which it doesn't look like we're getting any time soon.

21 hours ago, IlyaP said:

How many runs have you done now?!?!

Stopped at the end of my 3rd run waiting for DLC etc like Wert, had some other things come up as well and been really busy with work.

Interesting "leak" on upcoming changes to the game.

The source is 4chan, so yeah whatever, but oddly the list is pretty restrained. It mostly sounds like stuff we already know about (the first expansion in Pacifica) and fairly minor updates (barbershops, apartment customisation, garages, a proper transmog system). The only new thing is the Pokemon-style cyberspace minigame, and it's not like the creators of Gwent are going really left-field by putting a new minigame into one of their titles.

More interesting is that a lot of other rumoured changes from other sources - putting in working trains, tattoo parlours, proper animations for eating in public spaces etc - aren't mentioned here, when it would have been easy to combine them all together for clickbait.

The rumour that the game is going to get a soft relaunch with the so-called Samurai Edition also seems fine: CDPR arguably were one of the very first companies to do that with the original Enhanced Editions of The Witcher 1 and 2.

• 1 month later...

Stream about the 1.5 update, which has been launched today across all platforms, and includes Next-Gen Update for consoles. They have provided a free, 5 hour trial for all next gen console platforms as well to encourage people to check it out.

Lots of changes:

• Improved driving model, as well as improved visibility when driving in 1st person across all vehicles. Motorcycles now all have rim lighting to give that extra futuristic look.
  • Improved driving AI, giving them more diverse behavior in reaction to things V does. Gangs will also hop into cars and come after you more often.
  • Improved combat AI, giving more diverse behaviors. The brief fights they showed suggest the AI is quicker to throw grenades and to take cover, and better repositioning to try new angles of attack. Contra-that, they note some of the changes they made to perks and the knife throwing have been designed to encourage players to play more aggressively.
  • Some economy rebalancing, including loot system rebalance. They cite making cars cheaper to make it easier to achieve Autojock.
  • Improved crowd AI, giving more diverse behavior -- including civilians pulling a gun on you if you threaten them. 
  • Knife throwing greatly improved, with knives returning to your inventory after a period of time (or you can pick them up by getting close to the person you hit). 
  • Massive reworking of perks, so much so that if you start from an old save all of your perk points are returned so you can redistribute them. They dropped useless perks (like the one keeping you undetected when underwater) and added new ones, including one in the Cold Blood tree that basically allows you to survive a lethal hit and become damage immune for a few seconds before your Cold Blood stacks convert to health. Also, the Stealth tree has been renamed Ninjutsu.
  • DLC will drop with 1.5 offering a handful of new weapons and weapon attachments -- muzzle brakes that improve performance of ricochets, new scopes. 
  • You can now change some aspects of your appearance from your apartment mirror (hair and hair color, makeup, piercings, maybe more), and they've added some new styles and color palettes.
  • The map has been improved with new icons and easier-to-use filtering.
  • You can now modify your starting apartment's color scheme from a set of color schemes.. and you can rent four apartments in other parts of Night City (seems their color schemes are not alterable at this time). The new apartments have unique interactions (the Japantown apartment has a guitar you can rock some Samurai riffs on, and incense you can burn, for example).  Some interactions will you provide you buffs. You can own all four apartments at once, and you get the quick travel option to get to them.
  • Improvements to relationships with romance partners, including more interactions via text, and they've improved the safe houses that the partners have (e.g. if you fall asleep in Panam's tent, you may wake up to find her sleeping next to you). 
  • Loads of unannounced bug fixes, Pawel says "thousands" of things have been fixed.

Hmm... I think they've added more lyrics to Samurai's "Archangel" at the end of the stream, too.

ETA: Here is the patch list. 

But still no new plots/quests. At this point, I've done every quest barring two bugged quests that can't be finished, which I've all but given up on. 

When approaching the borders of the world map, the game says "You can't go there. YET". Has there been anyone who's figured out what the narrative implications are of those regions where access is cut off? 

I'm deeply curious to get @karaddin's thoughts, as they've written extensively about the game. 

33 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

But still no new plots/quests. At this point, I've done every quest barring two bugged quests that can't be finished, which I've all but given up on. 

When approaching the borders of the world map, the game says "You can't go there. YET". Has there been anyone who's figured out what the narrative implications are of those regions where access is cut off? 

I'm deeply curious to get @karaddin's thoughts, as they've written extensively about the game. 

The next-gen update was their first big target, then the second is the first DLC, reportedly the Pacifica-focused one. I imagine if they had hard news on that, they'd have shared that today, so that's probably still several months off.

40 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The next-gen update was their first big target, then the second is the first DLC, reportedly the Pacifica-focused one. I imagine if they had hard news on that, they'd have shared that today, so that's probably still several months off.

That's the impression I've gotten. And after having put 118 hours into the game, I feel like there's not a whole lot more I could do that would feel fresh or new at this point in time. And having already completed all three endings (there's supposedly a hard-to-get-to fourth one, but eh, too much work at this point), it looks like I'll have to wait for DLC announcements. Or alternatively, some wholly unexpected fan mod - which I suspect will be quite unlikely, given the effort and work that would entail.

I just did the other endings off the back of my second play through, I wouldn't want them to be "canon" for any of my characters anyway. Of the non Aldecaldo's ending the secret ending would be my second pick and it should be available as long as you said the right things to Johnny in Chippin In.

I was really hoping for NG+ in this one so a little disappointed, but it's probably enough for me to start another one up lol. Unless the next gen update for W3 came out as well, I was going to do a NG+ in that once the patch comes out.

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

I was really hoping for NG+ in this one so a little disappointed, but it's probably enough for me to start another one up lol. Unless the next gen update for W3 came out as well, I was going to do a NG+ in that once the patch comes out.

NG+?

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

NG+?

New Game Plus. If you're unfamiliar with the term, its when you get to loop your character from the finished game back around and take them into the start of the next game carrying over levels/skills etc, so its quite a different experience for at least the first half of the game. It normally comes with a higher level cap as well, but NG+ is the only way to achieve the higher levels.

33 minutes ago, karaddin said:

New Game Plus. If you're unfamiliar with the term, its when you get to loop your character from the finished game back around and take them into the start of the next game carrying over levels/skills etc, so its quite a different experience for at least the first half of the game. It normally comes with a higher level cap as well, but NG+ is the only way to achieve the higher levels.

Does NG+ mean it's...the same game all over again? Or...how does that work?

3 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Does NG+ mean it's...the same game all over again? Or...how does that work?

Yeah, the plot is reset to zero but enemies are scaled up to take into account your level, loot scales up etc. It can get around the issue these sorts of games can have where the hardest part of the game is actually the start because that's when you have so few skills, NG+ lets them scale for an already completed build and ramp the difficulty up more as the game progresses.

13 hours ago, karaddin said:

Yeah, the plot is reset to zero but enemies are scaled up to take into account your level, loot scales up etc. It can get around the issue these sorts of games can have where the hardest part of the game is actually the start because that's when you have so few skills, NG+ lets them scale for an already completed build and ramp the difficulty up more as the game progresses.

Makes sense! TIL something new! Sweet!

I let the game download over night to see what the new changes did to the game - interestingly, I suddenly started getting all new quests popping up, which I did not expect! Is it too late to, uh, as you 'strayan folks say, "chuck a sickie"? :)

Archived