Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

That's part of the added text interactions. Someone dug through Kerry's added interactions and it seems he'll send some photos as well (not necessarily nudes), and someone had some new stuff with Judy where her grandmother ends up finding out about her relationship in V and will doubtless track her down and ask her all sorts of questions about her intentions with her granddaughter.

31 minutes ago, Ran said:

That's part of the added text interactions. Someone dug through Kerry's added interactions and it seems he'll send some photos as well (not necessarily nudes), and someone had some new stuff with Judy where her grandmother ends up finding out about her relationship in V and will doubtless track her down and ask her all sorts of questions about her intentions with her granddaughter.

If I go pay Kerry a visit, does that prompt anything?

Also, I'm seeing A LOT of mist in the game that wasn't here before. Like Blade Runner 2049 levels of it. 

3 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

If I go pay Kerry a visit, does that prompt anything?

Also, I'm seeing A LOT of mist in the game that wasn't here before. Like Blade Runner 2049 levels of it. 

I'm not sure what the prompts are. Maybe a visit can get things started. 

Weather was one of the changes as well, they wanted it to vary more often but also more logically.

4 minutes ago, Ran said:

I'm not sure what the prompts are. Maybe a visit can get things started. 

Weather was one of the changes as well, they wanted it to vary more often but also more logically.

How are you finding it? 

'cause I am IN LOVE with the insane levels of fog. Especially at night, it just makes the whole place feel that much more drenched in ambience. 

31 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

How are you finding it? 

'cause I am IN LOVE with the insane levels of fog. Especially at night, it just makes the whole place feel that much more drenched in ambience. 

I always thought it should have been foggier. I lived for a number of years not far from Morro Bay (the location of Night City) on the Pacific coast and the fog you could get rolling in was sometimes incredible. I remember walking to the bus stop for school in the morning and barely being able to see my hand when I held it in front of me.

11 hours ago, Ran said:

I always thought it should have been foggier. I lived for a number of years not far from Morro Bay (the location of Night City) on the Pacific coast and the fog you could get rolling in was sometimes incredible. I remember walking to the bus stop for school in the morning and barely being able to see my hand when I held it in front of me.

Oh wow. That's one heck of an image! Sounds like parts of NSW in the early morning in the summer time - fog so dense you need fog lights enabled on your car to navigate the roads!

So then, I imagine, the dust storm imagery I photographed in-game is also part of the patch?

4 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Oh wow. That's one heck of an image! Sounds like parts of NSW in the early morning in the summer time - fog so dense you need fog lights enabled on your car to navigate the roads!

So then, I imagine, the dust storm imagery I photographed in-game is also part of the patch?

Yeah, a lot more dust storms as well. Really adds to the ambience.

8 minutes ago, Ran said:

Yeah, a lot more dust storms as well. Really adds to the ambience.

So that WAS intentional!

I sat there, honestly, at one point, wondering: "did...I install a Blade Runner 2049 mod and forget?!" :D

I did notice some color banding, but I suppose that's likely my graphics card hitting its own limit, and not the game itself?

Well, I wasn't planning on playing CP2077 again yet. I beat it twice at launch and was going to wait until an expansion was out before touching it again. But the 1.5 patch got me curious and I don't really have an AAA game to play right now, so here I am again.

To be honest, I haven't noticed many differences in the game yet; except for enemies being better at melee combat. But my experience with the game was never really that buggy. Still, it's fun to be in the world again for a while. Not sure if I'll play all the way through though. Depends on if I get sucked into Elden Ring.

16 hours ago, Fez said:

Well, I wasn't planning on playing CP2077 again yet. I beat it twice at launch and was going to wait until an expansion was out before touching it again. But the 1.5 patch got me curious and I don't really have an AAA game to play right now, so here I am again.

To be honest, I haven't noticed many differences in the game yet; except for enemies being better at melee combat. But my experience with the game was never really that buggy. Still, it's fun to be in the world again for a while. Not sure if I'll play all the way through though. Depends on if I get sucked into Elden Ring.

Am now doing a 1.5 replay myself, to see what things have changed. The AI doesn't strike me as fantastically better (yet) when playing on Normal. I wish more open-city games likes this had cities as memorable as Night City. There's just something so enthralling about crusing through a cyberpunk landscape on my motorcycle. 

47 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Why now of all times?

When else? The 1.5 update is a major milestone and that want to show appreciation for the fans who have supported them through thick and thin.

14 hours ago, Ran said:

When else? The 1.5 update is a major milestone and that want to show appreciation for the fans who have supported them through thick and thin.

Makes sense.

Nice sentiment.

Wish I could have some DLC lovin', but, I suppose, take what you can get!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

@karaddin, @Ran, are you two still being sucked down the addictive gameplay wormhole that is this game? 

I've started playing again since the most recent patch and it seems like there's a...car bomber active now in Night City? 

I have been itching, but have restrained myself so far as I've been too busy to play much.

I blitzed through play through #4 and dove straight into 5, but it's dropped off near the end of act 2 as I've picked up Elden Ring as well. I'm already level 50 and overpowered as hell so I play CP when I'm looking to feel good after ER kicks my ass lol. 4 was another netrunner play through but without cool this time while 5 has been body->reflexes->cool starting out with shotguns before switching to ARs and mantis blades, switching to gorilla arms on and off as well. Throwing daggers are genuinely pretty great now and it's mostly daggers into mantis blades for more serious fights and AR when playing around.

Stuck with a cyberdeck this time though to keep it distinct from the sandevistan katana build which was ridiculous. 

Oh and 5 was on very hard and I must have improved over time because even early on I handled most of it ok now. At about 35-40 I accidentally ran into a 6th Street organized crime scanner mission while running to a drop point to finish a gig and not paying attention. With the mantis blades and heal on kill blade perk + heal on kill cyberware I was able to clear the whole thing in about 30 seconds of blood rage and sprinting around. I hadn't gone full reflexes since the first play through and didn't realize just how fast sprinting gets.

My big issue with 1.5 was that the change to mod specs was a bit overkill, when Ive spent a bunch of time running around the game looking for random crates and I'm level 50 and still can't find armadillo... It makes it really hard to upgrade clothing. Particularly when the effect of armadillo was nerfed as well.

Archived