Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

8 hours ago, karaddin said:

I blitzed through play through #4 and dove straight into 5, but it's dropped off near the end of act 2 as I've picked up Elden Ring as well. I'm already level 50 and overpowered as hell so I play CP when I'm looking to feel good after ER kicks my ass lol. 4 was another netrunner play through but without cool this time while 5 has been body->reflexes->cool starting out with shotguns before switching to ARs and mantis blades, switching to gorilla arms on and off as well. Throwing daggers are genuinely pretty great now and it's mostly daggers into mantis blades for more serious fights and AR when playing around.

Stuck with a cyberdeck this time though to keep it distinct from the sandevistan katana build which was ridiculous. 

Oh and 5 was on very hard and I must have improved over time because even early on I handled most of it ok now. At about 35-40 I accidentally ran into a 6th Street organized crime scanner mission while running to a drop point to finish a gig and not paying attention. With the mantis blades and heal on kill blade perk + heal on kill cyberware I was able to clear the whole thing in about 30 seconds of blood rage and sprinting around. I hadn't gone full reflexes since the first play through and didn't realize just how fast sprinting gets.

My big issue with 1.5 was that the change to mod specs was a bit overkill, when Ive spent a bunch of time running around the game looking for random crates and I'm level 50 and still can't find armadillo... It makes it really hard to upgrade clothing. Particularly when the effect of armadillo was nerfed as well.

OK, and here I thought *I* put a lot of playtime into CP77 at 170 hours! :D

7 hours ago, Werthead said:

I have wanted to dive back in, but I've been holding fire for the story DLC, which seems to be a constant state of being six months away.

It was mostly the new patch that drew me back, I'd been waiting for the DLC as well but decided I was in the mood. Then I finally got a new video card and half of it was just being drawn along by how gorgeous this game is.

2 hours ago, IlyaP said:

OK, and here I thought *I* put a lot of playtime into CP77 at 170 hours! :D

I just checked and apparently I'm up to 360 now which I wouldn't have guessed lol. Almost at 100 in Elden Ring too.

39 minutes ago, karaddin said:

I just checked and apparently I'm up to 360 now which I wouldn't have guessed lol.

360?!

WOW.

This is proof that this game is addictive! PROOF I SAY!

On 4/5/2022 at 4:44 AM, Werthead said:

I have wanted to dive back in, but I've been holding fire for the story DLC, which seems to be a constant state of being six months away.

No news on that front, I take it? 

4 hours ago, IlyaP said:

@karaddin I found this tonight, but...I don't know how it integrates with a Steam account? 

https://maps.piggyback.com/cyberpunk-2077/maps/night-city

Ha, I had to use it to get the fast travel point achievement. Didn't actually think of it linking in though, just did it manually and assumed that's all you could do with it

Sorry for asking this. But I’m curious about the state of cyberpunk. I’ve decided to wait for the game to be better flushed out before buying it.

I heard their is a massive update coming soon. So just wanna ask if that update is out and if anyone knows whether it might make it more playable.

2 minutes ago, The Young Maester said:

Sorry for asking this. But I’m curious about the state of cyberpunk. I’ve decided to wait for the game to be better flushed out before buying it.

I heard their is a massive update coming soon. So just wanna ask if that update is out and if anyone knows whether it might make it more playable.

The 1.5 patch may be what you're thinking of. Released last month. Here are the patch notes which explains what it does. If you're on console, it should perform better than it did at launch by a substantial amount, and will take advantage of the greater power of the newest consoles in a way it didn't before. It has a host of other changes, including reworking skills and perks, weapon damages, etc. 

I wouldn't expect a major patch more too soon, but it seems to me that we'll probably see the first major DLC in the next few months.

55 minutes ago, The Young Maester said:

Not sure what platform you’re on, but I just bought it last weekend for PS5, and through about 12 hours of play my experience has been phenomenal. No noticeable bugs, crashes etc. Looks amazing and combat plays like a dream. I’m loving it thus far. 

On 4/7/2022 at 1:27 AM, karaddin said:

Ha, I had to use it to get the fast travel point achievement. Didn't actually think of it linking in though, just did it manually and assumed that's all you could do with it

I don't understand that achivement. It just involves, what, visiting every known metro station stop in the city?

6 hours ago, IlyaP said:

I don't understand that achivement. It just involves, what, visiting every known metro station stop in the city?

Yeah, just getting into visual range so they pop up. There were some I'd managed to have no idea they were there

On 4/9/2022 at 12:41 AM, karaddin said:

Yeah, just getting into visual range so they pop up. There were some I'd managed to have no idea they were there

Curious: does this seem consistent with your experience of the game? 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/12/24/how-to-farm-money-and-perks-in-cyberpunk-2077-even-after-youve-cleared-the-map/

3 hours ago, IlyaP said:

I did the "buy all vehicles" achievement on the last play through as a netrunner so I had a bunch more cash from all the terminal hacking and got the rest from crafting rather than farming respawning enemies - the wraith camp does make sense as the best for that though.

I believe the best cash farm at the moment is actually crafting cyberware mods which I only discovered after I'd finished lol, from memory it's a blue mod that goes into the kiroshi eye cyberware. It only takes a handful of components and sells for a decent amount so it will probably get adjusted in the next patch haha

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

I believe the best cash farm at the moment is actually crafting cyberware mods which I only discovered after I'd finished lol, from memory it's a blue mod that goes into the kiroshi eye cyberware. It only takes a handful of components and sells for a decent amount so it will probably get adjusted in the next patch haha

Have you found that it matters where you sell them? As in - does it matter if it's sold through a sales terminal or directly to a ripper/cyberware retailer? Or are the return on sale more or less the same across all of them?

9 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Have you found that it matters where you sell them? As in - does it matter if it's sold through a sales terminal or directly to a ripper/cyberware retailer? Or are the return on sale more or less the same across all of them?

Not enough of a difference that I bother anymore if there even is one, and I don't think there is

11 hours ago, karaddin said:

Not enough of a difference that I bother anymore if there even is one, and I don't think there is

And especially about half a million eddies have been accumulated, as I have, at this point, I suppose at that point it stops being terribly meaningful.

(I've managed to finally get all four apartments and do a slight remodel on one of them, and am in the process of trying to get every purchasable car. And marvellously, the Murkman Mobile that was previously missing/invisible in my previous playthrough is now accessible!)

Archived