Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

On 4/11/2022 at 1:05 AM, karaddin said:

Not enough of a difference that I bother anymore if there even is one, and I don't think there is

Have you tried the car selling mod? I can confirm that it *does* work and is a nice feature that I felt was missing from the game from the get-go.

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

Have you tried the car selling mod? I can confirm that it *does* work and is a nice feature that I felt was missing from the game from the get-go.

I've only had mods on one play through as I didn't want to risk a new patch breaking them, didn't even see that one then but I think I'm happy enough with the cash progression now I wouldn't use it anyway - I just don't buy the ones I don't want lol. The most useful mod for that play through was probably allowing clothing mods to be removed which has only increased in utility after 1.5 haha.

47 minutes ago, karaddin said:

The most useful mod for that play through was probably allowing clothing mods to be removed which has only increased in utility after 1.5 haha.

A clothing mod allowing clothing to be removed? As in, so you can run starkers across Night City?

(I also LOVE the Metro Mod, which apparently was meant to be in the game, originally?)

Gamers are finding all sorts of abandoned code that they've tackled and integrated into the main game, like being able to fire in first person when on a vehicle - which is pretty cool, actually.

There's also a random gang mod I found, which adds, well, random gangs across the city, which helps keep the game feeling a bit fresh, I've found, as it makes me me want to stop and explore, and invariably I end up jumping around across some previously unexplored set of buildings and discover new items or new nooks and crannies that are so very screenshotable.

Pawel Sasko has remarked that more stuff is coming, from bug fixes to other improvements, and he's doing daily reviews of quests and talking about other stuff with people. The video also includes some remarks on early decisions they made regarding NPCs from Johnny's memories appearing in 2077 -- basically they thought it'd be unrealistic if everyone Johnny knew was still around, or played a part in present-day events. IIRC, this confirms that Santiago was probably going to be running the Aldecaldos in the original conception of things, but they shifted to Saul as part of the decision Sasko mentions.

1 hour ago, Ran said:

IIRC, this confirms that Santiago was probably going to be running the Aldecaldos in the original conception of things, but they shifted to Saul as part of the decision Sasko mentions.

Wasn't Santiago included in the Alt run in the game's flashback sequences? Or am I misremembering things? 

I actually found the whole "how everyone remembers Johnny" angle to be surprisingly full of pathos, and a memorable part of my first play-through. 

Thank you for that article link, @Ran. I'm eager for any morsel of CP77 news that I can get, as this game has managed to really strike a chord with me and news of further expansions is of considerable interest to me. Especially if it answers questions like who was spying on the Peralez family - the Dream On story felt unfinished to me. 

3 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Wasn't Santiago included in the Alt run in the game's flashback sequences? Or am I misremembering things? 

Yes, he's there in Johnny's past but he's apparently dead or off the grid by 2077. But rumor has been that originally they were going to have him be the head of the Aldecaldos when V shows up.

4 hours ago, IlyaP said:

A clothing mod allowing clothing to be removed? As in, so you can run starkers across Night City?

Lets try say this clearly :P a mod for Cyberpunk that allows existing mods to be removed from the clothing they are inserted into so that you can save them and use them in a different item of clothing. There's a crafting perk that lets you get them back by reducing the item, but that requires 18 in tech IIRC and my latest run I was trying to not take tech for once as I've felt its almost mandatory for how much comfier it makes the game.

18 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Lets try say this clearly :P a mod for Cyberpunk that allows existing mods to be removed from the clothing they are inserted into so that you can save them and use them in a different item of clothing. There's a crafting perk that lets you get them back by reducing the item, but that requires 18 in tech IIRC and my latest run I was trying to not take tech for once as I've felt its almost mandatory for how much comfier it makes the game.

Oh I getcha! Makes sense! Given that unless you've got the 18 in tech, as you pointed out, you can't reuse the mods used for a given piece of clothing; being able to make it probably helps, I suppose - but I'm still working on achieving that

41 minutes ago, Ran said:

Yes, he's there in Johnny's past but he's apparently dead or off the grid by 2077. But rumor has been that originally they were going to have him be the head of the Aldecaldos when V shows up.

The things I did not know! 

By the time my obsession reaches an end with this game, I'm going to be a one-man CP2077 trivia machine, with friends asking:

"Where did you learn that?"

"Oh, Ran and Karaddin just told me stuff!" 

2 hours ago, IlyaP said:

I actually found the whole "how everyone remembers Johnny" angle to be surprisingly full of pathos, and a memorable part of my first play-through. 

Thank you for that article link, @Ran. I'm eager for any morsel of CP77 news that I can get, as this game has managed to really strike a chord with me and news of further expansions is of considerable interest to me. Especially if it answers questions like who was spying on the Peralez family - the Dream On story felt unfinished to me. 

The Peralez/Dream On/Mr. Blue Eyes story will apparently be continued in the Crystal Palace DLC (the second major expansion, apparently, after the Pacifica one).

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

The Peralez/Dream On/Mr. Blue Eyes story will apparently be continued in the Crystal Palace DLC (the second major expansion, apparently, after the Pacifica one).

Had a look, and this article seems to suggest Crystal Palace will be one DLC and the Badlands will be the other. That align with what you mostly expected? 

2 hours ago, IlyaP said:

Had a look, and this article seems to suggest Crystal Palace will be one DLC and the Badlands will be the other. That align with what you mostly expected? 

That's very old now. The datamined leaks from last year (backed up by the 1.5 patch) indicate there will be two DLCs, one set in Pacifica and one in the Crystal Palace. That does leave the odd northern "turn back" area of the Badlands (north of the second Nomad camp, NE of the junkyard due north of Night City and preventing shortcuts in that area) unaccounted for, but it's possible that will be a new location for a mini-DLC or something added in either of the two main ones.

5 hours ago, Ran said:

It also fits pretty nicely with the role Saul plays in the Aldecaldos ending compared with the role Rogue plays in that ending, it would have made them the two Merc figures still around from Johnny's days as the two main figures for that part.

When I saw this theory brought up it cited how quiet Johnny is during the Panam quest line as supporting evidence with the theory being the change was relatively late in production after Keanu had recorded his lines so they just had to cut everything Johnny that no longer fit. I hadn't noticed it myself but as soon as it was mentioned I can't help but agree and think it's pretty striking. We get him freaking out at the power plant, his little motel receptionist gag while falling asleep with Panam after rescuing Saul and that's all that springs to mind for me. He's constantly offering his opinion during Judy's quest line when I just want him to shut up and butt out of my blossoming romance.

The one I really want to show up is Spider Murphy - she's got like 1 minute of screen time in Johnny's memory of storming 'saka tower and that was enough to grab my attention. Pacifica combat zone doesn't scream an opportunity to bring her in, but the AI connections which may be in a Perales one certainly do.

Feels like the game needs 3 expansions/major DLC though unless they're going to give us a sequel continuing at least some of the story as the whole AIs breaching the Blackwall feels like it has a LOT of scope to it. A sequel is my preference, just scared we won't get it.

18 hours ago, karaddin said:

When I saw this theory brought up it cited how quiet Johnny is during the Panam quest line as supporting evidence with the theory being the change was relatively late in production after Keanu had recorded his lines so they just had to cut everything Johnny that no longer fit. I hadn't noticed it myself but as soon as it was mentioned I can't help but agree and think it's pretty striking. We get him freaking out at the power plant, his little motel receptionist gag while falling asleep with Panam after rescuing Saul and that's all that springs to mind for me. He's constantly offering his opinion during Judy's quest line when I just want him to shut up and butt out of my blossoming romance.

You know, I never noticed this either! 

Can we get Jason Schreier to write about the history of CP77's development? Pretty please?!

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

You know, I never noticed this either! 

Can we get Jason Schreier to write about the history of CP77's development? Pretty please?!

I'm hoping Noclip do a documentary on it. The absence of one is striking given their access to the Witcher 3 team.

On its earnings call, CDPR has confirmed total sales of Cyberpunk 2077 have reached 18 million. That's pretty solid for any game, but perhaps disappointing given the game sold 13 million copies on launch. That's only 5 million additional sales in almost eighteen months since then, though possibly more with refunds factored in as well.

The Witcher 3 has reached 40 million copies sold, which suggests it might have sold more copies in that 18-month timeframe than CP77.

42 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The Witcher 3 has reached 40 million copies sold, which suggests it might have sold more copies in that 18-month timeframe than CP77.

It went from 20 million to 28 million between 2019 and 2020, then 28 million to 30 million between 2020 and 2021. The only thing that could have led to the game then gaining 10 million more is the very deep discounting that has since taken place, plus perhaps people enjoying CP2077 as their first CDPR game and going to The Witcher 3 as a follow-up on the assumption they'd like that as well. And that doesn't factor in the boost The Witcher 3 got from its two major DLC released within a year of the original release

If that's a glimpse of the future of Cyberpunk, it doesn't look like it's doing badly at all.

Archived