Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

I keep thinking how spoiled gamers are now in terms of the quality of music that goes into games. CP2077 has a bunch of main theme tracks that I personally think are phenomenal and perfectly capture the moods of the scenes they feature in, then a ridiculous amount of additional tracks created for in game radio play, in club scenes and so on.

I have made an entire playlist of the Pacific Dreams radio station, as Isometric Air and Practical Heart are, among its many other tunes, so fucking amazing. 

• 1 month later...

No real story info but stylish as hell. Studio Trigger produced two of the Star Wars: Visions episodes, and is probably best known for Kill la Kill and Little Witch Academia. Co-founder and animation direction at Trigger, Hiroyuki Imaishi, directs the series.

Some more clips and details here, including a better look at how they depict someone using the Sandevistan to wreak havoc:

ETA: And here is the clip the CD Projekt Red developers were responding to:

• 2 weeks later...

A tweet from the official Cyberpunk: Edgerunners twitter revealed the name of the protagonist of Edgerunners, and folks realize it seems to be something of a spoiler:

Spoiler

David Martinez has a drink named after him in the Afterlife... where drinks are named after legendary Edgerunners who died big. Martinez's drink is described as: "A shot of vodka on the rocks, topped with NiCola. Aim high and got out with a bang." That second sentence seems suggestive of where his story will go.

Notably, the idea is that the drinks are named for legends who are allegedly confirmed dead -- hence there's no drink named for Morgan Blackhand, since his death is speculative.

16 hours ago, Ran said:

A tweet from the official Cyberpunk: Edgerunners twitter revealed the name of the protagonist of Edgerunners, and folks realize it seems to be something of a spoiler:

Hide contents

David Martinez has a drink named after him in the Afterlife... where drinks are named after legendary Edgerunners who died big. Martinez's drink is described as: "A shot of vodka on the rocks, topped with NiCola. Aim high and got out with a bang." That second sentence seems suggestive of where his story will go.

Notably, the idea is that the drinks are named for legends who are allegedly confirmed dead -- hence there's no drink named for Morgan Blackhand, since his death is speculative.

BUT STILL NO DLC! I had such high hopes when I saw new posts in this thread! 

:) 

I've seen some discussion about it and it's certainly a cool thing... but the game isn't really designed for it, so basically there's nothing really interesting about flying around other than making it easier to access a handful of points of interest and basically just the pleasure of flying and getting a bird's eye view. Which in itself seems like enough reason to try the mod for an hour or two.

5 hours ago, Ran said:

I've seen some discussion about it and it's certainly a cool thing... but the game isn't really designed for it, so basically there's nothing really interesting about flying around other than making it easier to access a handful of points of interest and basically just the pleasure of flying and getting a bird's eye view. Which in itself seems like enough reason to try the mod for an hour or two.

Have any of the discussions mentioned collision issues, or if the buildings that players can encounter at that level are even all there? Or are they semi-transparent, like the buildings behind the Night City Stadium? 

Official Cyberpunk 2077 board game.

Intriguing. It's CMON who are notorious for producing over-produced (too many expensive minis), overpriced tat, but this is very restrained by their standards and they seem to be focusing on the game more than the extras for once. And the price isn't completely deranged for once.

At least a quarter-tempted by this one. The shipping is pretty steep though.

On 6/21/2022 at 10:42 AM, IlyaP said:

Oh boy. This sounds goddamn amazing, but I can imagine all sorts of inevitable bugs and collision issues. @karaddin, what are your thoughts on this? Have you tried it out yet?

I've given it a miss, I think it would hurt my low level RP too much. I'd have more interest in automated air travel replacing some of the fast travel but every car is too much

On 6/26/2022 at 5:27 PM, IlyaP said:

Some crazy news being reported about the QA company CDPR hired for CP77:

I remember seeing that when it was posted. Very bad due diligence from CDPR, to be honest, so it's not exonerating them. And they definitely knew that regardless of what QA said that the game wasn't ready to run on old gen consoles, but they pushed through anyways to meet financial expectations. But that QA company should be sued by CDPR if the claims are true, as it sounds like they defrauded them.

In other CP2077, the opening credits to Cyberpunk: Edgerunner:s

I sort of expected them to get Refused to do another "Samurai" track, but this feels more true to how a lot of anime opening credits sound.

54 minutes ago, Ran said:

I sort of expected them to get Refused to do another "Samurai" track, but this feels more true to how a lot of anime opening credits sound.

Was that...Franz Ferdinand singing the opening credits to the show? 

It felt very....if I said "it doesn't have the same texture or feeling as Cyberpunk 2077", would that make sense to anyone other than me? 

*sigh*

https://apptrigger.com/2022/07/02/cd-projekt-red-anniversary/

You ever feel like CD Projekt Red is kinda...missing the obvious, and giving us something other than what we'd like? 

Why not, say, patch the game with new optional side-quests, or maybe sponsor/promote some worthwhile mods? Or even just release all the scores from the in-game radio stations as purchasable CDs/albums? 

(I'm *aching* for new CP77 DLCs. It's been more than a year and a half now since the game came out, and still no DLCs. I am a sadilya.png. 

• 1 month later...

Speaking of the anniversary of CD Projekt Red, they put out their goodies collection for free (I guess again; as I understand it some of these things were available previously but not bundled together)), combining a bunch of free art and music and so on from The Witcher franchise and CP2077. Lots of concept art for the latter.

So when is one allowed to realize the game is not going to be finished *ahem* I mean, updated? They've got one gimp-suited intern locked in a footlocker pushing out patches. You're never getting a DLC. They're just happy they got this piece of shit out the door and we losers paid real human dollars for their frankengame.

I thought The Last of Us 2 was appalling, but at least I finished it.

They have increasingly moved people from patches to the expansion, actually. As of April, the expansion team was at its largest since the release, with nearly 50% of all of CDPR's developers working on it, per CDPR's investor package. I'm guessing that the expansion will fold in a bunch of patches that will amount to 1.6 (or maybe 1.7).

2 hours ago, Babblebauble said:

So when is one allowed to realize the game is not going to be finished *ahem* I mean, updated? They've got one gimp-suited intern locked in a footlocker pushing out patches. You're never getting a DLC. They're just happy they got this piece of shit out the door and we losers paid real human dollars for their frankengame.

I thought The Last of Us 2 was appalling, but at least I finished it.

It wasn't so bad, I mean they gave me a full refund for selling me this broken game. Can't say there are too many companies that would do that. I still remember beating this game and my character not having a head in the final cutscene. Such a found memory, for why I will never enjoy this game.

Archived