Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

Transmog coming, plus ... yes, that DLC trailer give me thrills. Especially the fact that they've got Keanu back with some dialog for Johnny!

Honestly, a spy thriller (as they describe it) set in CP2077 sounds just perfect.

Just now, Ran said:

I wonder if Miltech is involved in this. As some discovered, the Miltech HQ in  Night City is partially built out but could not be accessed without some exploits.

Yup, and Militech is heavily involved with the NUSA government. However, the NUSA does not control Night City, so it's interesting why V would agree to work with them.

45 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

Patch notes for 1.6 are out and they're a whole lot of nothing

Transmog was probably the #1 update people wanted, besides maybe NG+, so I would not call it "nothing". Three new missiosn sounds nice as well.

1 minute ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Press releases and hype campaign for frame rate glitch fixes.

This is a lot more about Edgerunners and the reveal of Phantom Liberty expansion than anything else, but transmog is, as I said, a thing a lot of players have been asking for on the forums and Reddit. Plus three new gigs. 

Yeah I would have liked more, but a fix for the bug that got in the way of my 5th and 6th play throughs is something I'm going to welcome. Sure if you think this game is shit then you're probably expecting them to add something major, but when this is already one of my top games that's attracted hundreds of hours of play I'm pretty sold on the core gameplay. 

And given that they got in this mess from releasing it before it was done, why would I flip out over them not releasing new parts as fast as I'd like?

Yeah, it's not the biggest patch in the world but the bug fix and transmog are actually impactful for me. I ride motorbikes in 3rd person and gonk clothing combos can break my immersion and role playing.

15 hours ago, Ran said:

Transmog was probably the #1 update people wanted, besides maybe NG+, so I would not call it "nothing". Three new missiosn sounds nice as well.

This is a lot more about Edgerunners and the reveal of Phantom Liberty expansion than anything else, but transmog is, as I said, a thing a lot of players have been asking for on the forums and Reddit. Plus three new gigs. 

What's the appeal of NG+? That one perplexes me. I just...don't get it.

5 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

What's the appeal of NG+? That one perplexes me. I just...don't get it.

Scroll back a few pages and I answered this one already :P Mostly just the chance to play with the full set of skills etc and have it actually be challenging because the enemies have all been leveled up. Or a different approach is to let you stomp the game with the overpowered stuff you have from the end haha. The point here being that the game is almost over by the time you finish your build.

Or they might add levels and more complex skills in NG+. There's a few ways it can go.

If they were really going the extra distance you could actually treat it as a new and distinct lifepath for the prologue - instead of being the new kid that just got started with Jackie, you could be a former big name that had retired like Dex and came out of retirement for the heist. Would put a completely different tone on the whole thing, but also a ton of work.

10 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Scroll back a few pages and I answered this one already :P Mostly just the chance to play with the full set of skills etc and have it actually be challenging because the enemies have all been leveled up. Or a different approach is to let you stomp the game with the overpowered stuff you have from the end haha. The point here being that the game is almost over by the time you finish your build.

D'oh! Thank you @karaddin! (I remember your answer now that you've reminded me!)

An interesting observationt that a friend made: he felt that compared to Witcher 3, the game felt a bit hollow in part because so many buildings were empty and could not be entered, the way they could in Witcher 3. I always found that aspect of Witcher 3 less than interesting, or maybe I just wasn't curious enough. 

I have managed to access the area behind Pacifica Stadium and found a bunch of unused/empty/transparent assets, but beyond that, it does raise a good question: why are so many buildings not enterable? 

Archived