Jump to content

Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]


C.T. Phipps
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, sifth said:

It wasn't so bad, I mean they gave me a full refund for selling me this broken game. Can't say there are too many companies that would do that. I still remember beating this game and my character not having a head in the final cutscene. Such a found memory, for why I will never enjoy this game.

I have tried a couple of times, to give this a try. Because I see so many people inexplicably talking it up. 

I mean I have fun, creating the character and looking around for a bit. But then I try to play the story and... Yo, it's like pieces of it are missing! Like entire scenes where characters should probably like introduce themselves to me and shit are just not there! Inexcusable. Absolutely bullshit. 

And it's a shame. Because the world looks awesome. And there's great world and story ideas there and a few real cool characters. But I can't get down in a story based game that is missing pages. Can't do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

I have tried a couple of times, to give this a try. Because I see so many people inexplicably talking it up. 

I mean I have fun, creating the character and looking around for a bit. But then I try to play the story and... Yo, it's like pieces of it are missing! Like entire scenes where characters should probably like introduce themselves to me and shit are just not there! Inexcusable. Absolutely bullshit. 

And it's a shame. Because the world looks awesome. And there's great world and story ideas there and a few real cool characters. But I can't get down in a story based game that is missing pages. Can't do it. 

Ohh, I found it very boring as well. I was very disappointed by the game, to be honest, and mostly because the Witcher 3 remains one of my favorite games of all time. I can't exactly call it my favorite, since I recently beat Elden Ring and that was a hell of a gaming experience in its own right.

The Witcher 3 felt like there were so many ways I could handle a quest, while Cyberpunk seemed much more streamlined by comparison. It didn't matter if I was a corpo, street kid or nomad, the experience was more or less always the same. I almost feel lied to, because I remember back in 2018, they released a demo with a quest, with about 5 different out comes and it ended up being the only quest like that, in the final product.

 

Edited by sifth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The backgrounds really didn't do much to the game, and that sucked. But the actual missions had a LOT of flexibility in how you handled them, very close to DX and Dishonored in that regard. And there were a whole lot of things to do in the story that had some pretty amazing effects.

Also some of the best endings in a while, honestly, including one that continues to fuck me up every time I think about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess it's all just about clearing the suspension of disbelief threshold to get you to emotionally invest in the game. It cleared it for me and was one of the best and most emotional gaming experience I've had. But I didn't try playing it on launch, and I wasn't a CDPR fan so neither my expectations or first impressions had been particularly altered.

I can certainly see how playing early and being burnt by it would make it much harder to clear that bar and emotionally invest in it.

ETA: I would be very mad if they pulled a BioWare and just canned the IP like BW did to Andromeda, but that really doesn't look like what's happening Jace. The last patch did a lot.

Edited by karaddin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Firebrand Jace said:

I mean I have fun, creating the character and looking around for a bit. But then I try to play the story and... Yo, it's like pieces of it are missing! Like entire scenes where characters should probably like introduce themselves to me and shit are just not there! Inexcusable. Absolutely bullshit. 

And it's a shame. Because the world looks awesome. And there's great world and story ideas there and a few real cool characters. But I can't get down in a story based game that is missing pages. Can't do it. 

Not entirely sure what you mean here. The game had mild technical problems on PC at launch (and considerably worse on PS4 and XB1) but it certainly didn't have "missing scenes."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Not entirely sure what you mean here. The game had mild technical problems on PC at launch (and considerably worse on PS4 and XB1) but it certainly didn't have "missing scenes."

Well there is the intro montage, which some people would rather have played. Personally, while I think the intros should have been longer, I do not have any issue with them not being on the same level as the titular origins in the first Dragon Age game

Edited by ASOIAFrelatedusername
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The intro montage was never meant to be stuff that they intended you to play and cut. They always intended to have a montage like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ran said:

The intro montage was never meant to be stuff that they intended you to play and cut. They always intended to have a montage like that.

I actually agree.  Functionally the montage allows the game to properly beginn at a point when Jackie and V have established themselves enough to get hired by Dex. However I also get somewhat get the frustration when we do not get to play our first meeting with Misty and Mama Wells. Also people probably would have liked to spend more time with Jackie.

 

Edited by ASOIAFrelatedusername
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For sure, people want all sorts of things. But I was responding to a persistent but false rumor that the montage was basically all showing cut content, which was never the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

A (very) NSFW trailer for Cyberpunk: Edgerunners has dropped, announcing a September 13 release date. It is pretty bonkers and over the top, but stylish as heck:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like NG+ is finally imminent, the video in this tweet

Features a brief shot from the prologue stuff but V clearly has gorilla arms in it, something absolutely not in the current game.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love that song in the game. Perfect for moody night driving in the rain amidst the neon and LEDs of Night City.

Suspect we’re getting the 1.6 patch eminently, and then maybe we’ll get a “coming next year” for the expansion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ran said:

Love that song in the game. Perfect for moody night driving in the rain amidst the neon and LEDs of Night City.

Suspect we’re getting the 1.6 patch eminently, and then maybe we’ll get a “coming next year” for the expansion.

*scrambles to Steam and begins reinstalling CP77 immediately*

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, they haven't commented on other DLC so if we're getting much at all it will all be small until a full blown expansion next year. Maybe the rest of the freebie DLC in 1.6 and/or a 1.7 patch near the end of the year.

I'd say 1.6 is being timed to pair with Edgerunners and NG+ will probably be part of that.

I'd watched the video without sound so had to get my earphones and listen now, yeah I really like that one as well. But I like a lot of it lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, karaddin said:

Yeah, they haven't commented on other DLC so if we're getting much at all it will all be small until a full blown expansion next year. Maybe the rest of the freebie DLC in 1.6 and/or a 1.7 patch near the end of the year.

I'd say 1.6 is being timed to pair with Edgerunners and NG+ will probably be part of that.

I'd watched the video without sound so had to get my earphones and listen now, yeah I really like that one as well. But I like a lot of it lol.

But I waaaaanntt a dllllccccc, @karaddin! It's been soooooooo long! 

:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...