Wight Wolf, Rabid Wolf, Tree Wolf, and Wild Wolf

James West

All are mechanisms for revenge.  But this is not an Alexandre Dumas tale in which the man carrying out revenge was an innocent victim.  The Starks were involved in the politics going on in Westeros.  They insulted and stepped on many toes.  Robb killed a loyal bannerman and broke his promise to another.  Jon Snow betrayed the Night's Watch.  Still, I believe they were wronged in some ways.  But the revenge these wolves will inflict on the Lannisters, Freys, Boltons, Bowen Marsh, and the Karstarks will exceed what is fair in my opinion.  I know it will be fun for some fans of the novels.  Martin may only do this for fun.  Revenge can be fun to read.  But we also need to ask whether it will accomplish anything productive.  The bad things that happened took place during war.  A war the Starks chose to participate in. 

1. Wight Wolf - Jon Snow
  2. Rabid Wolf - Arya Stark
  3. Tree Wolf - Bran Stark
  4. Wild Wolf - Rickon Stark

Winter is the time for wolves, Others, wights, and Starks.  They will be on top of the food chain for as long as winter lasts.  But I am hoping the winter won't be as long as Old Nan says it is. 

3 hours ago, James West said:

But I am hoping the winter won't be as long as Old Nan says it is. 

Spring will only be a dream.

Eternal Winter will reign. 

Evil grin to be please visualized. 

And we wight loving, warg, other breeding icy cruel monsters of the savage tree worshipping North will eat you good Freys and Boltons. 

Paraphrased from a DM from Arya of-, sorry, no one to me. 

So be a good boy Walder and go to sleep quietly (Valar....) or mummy will send these creatures after you. 

Robb killed a loyal bannerman

No he didn't. Rikard Karstark was anything but a loyal bannerman, that was the precise reason Robb killed him We can argue about how wise it was to kill him and not just imprison him and execute him after the war, but you can't go around that he killed a loyal bannerman. This is more of a case of Fiat Justicia Et Pereat Mundus.

Jon Snow betrayed the Night's Watch

Yes but only if you change it around

Others, wights, and Starks.  They will be on top of the food chain for as long as winter lasts

More like the Starks will through everything in desperation against the wights to try and safe the world.

9 hours ago, James West said:

All are mechanisms for revenge.  But this is not an Alexandre Dumas tale in which the man carrying out revenge was an innocent victim.  The Starks were involved in the politics going on in Westeros.  They insulted and stepped on many toes.  Robb killed a loyal bannerman and broke his promise to another.  Jon Snow betrayed the Night's Watch.  Still, I believe they were wronged in some ways.  But the revenge these wolves will inflict on the Lannisters, Freys, Boltons, Bowen Marsh, and the Karstarks will exceed what is fair in my opinion.  I know it will be fun for some fans of the novels.  Martin may only do this for fun.  Revenge can be fun to read.  But we also need to ask whether it will accomplish anything productive.  The bad things that happened took place during war.  A war the Starks chose to participate in. 

1. Wight Wolf - Jon Snow

Winter is the time for wolves, Others, wights, and Starks.  They will be on top of the food chain for as long as winter lasts.  But I am hoping the winter won't be as long as Old Nan says it is. 

The Starks to me are anti-light and anti-life.  I am predicting for them to go to the blacker side of the morality spectrum.  Bran, Rickon, and Sansa will be the grays.  Jon and Arya will be dark.  They want revenge too badly. 

16 hours ago, James West said:

1. Wight Wolf - Jon Snow

The wolves will come again has a literal meaning.  They will be back as direwolves and kings of the north.  Remember what the Children said.  The direwolves will last for a time because they can feast on wights.  Bran already has through the dw.  One of them will be king of the north and rule over a dead land of ice.  I am guessing that will be Jon Snow after he comes back as a cold undead.  

On 12/15/2020 at 7:40 AM, James West said:

1. Wight Wolf - Jon Snow

The long night lasted for a generation.  It will be a bleak and frozen landscape for them to rule over.  

I am not expecting justice from the likes of Arya.  Jon is even worse.  Unfortunately they will get their revenge and there will be innocent casualties like the old man and Daeron.  

1. Wight Wolf - Jon Snow

We are back to the question of the difference between justice and revenge.  A third-party should be the one to pass the judgment.  Otherwise it's just the Starks acting like vigilantes.  Red wedding 2.0 is not the right answer but could happen.  I wonder just who the bride and groom will be. 

3 hours ago, Quoth the raven, said:

We are back to the question of the difference between justice and revenge.  A third-party should be the one to pass the judgment.  Otherwise it's just the Starks acting like vigilantes.  Red wedding 2.0 is not the right answer but could happen.  I wonder just who the bride and groom will be. 

Daven Lannister and his Frey bride. Wonder if he'll shave 

The Starks are entitled to some form of redress.  I wouldn't mind for them to get winterfell back.  That is where it ends for me.  I'm not hopeful for it to end there.  Arya on her own will spill a lot of blood.  A whole city by the looks of the discussion in the 'who will burn the city" topic.  She will be guilty of a lot worse than Aerys (what Aerys was planning) if she does this while still human.  The Starks will do most of their blood spilling after they've lost their humanity and have become direwolves.  DWs are governed by the laws of nature and can't be held accountable in a way where humans could.  

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 5:40 AM, James West said:

1. Wight Wolf - Jon Snow

I'm going to go with Watchful Wolf, Angry Wolf, Magic Wolf, and Gentle Wolf (you forgot Sansa). 

Judging by interviews, GRRM likes the Starks, and considers them the good guys of the story.  (Sorry, Stark-haters, it is what it is).  So, while they have all done and will do questionable acts, like everybody else, I don't see them doing anything truly terrible.  And by the end, they will probably be the ones running things.  Because they are competent and well-liked.

8 hours ago, Nevets said:

I'm going to go with Watchful Wolf, Angry Wolf, Magic Wolf, and Gentle Wolf (you forgot Sansa). 

Judging by interviews, GRRM likes the Starks, and considers them the good guys of the story.  (Sorry, Stark-haters, it is what it is).  So, while they have all done and will do questionable acts, like everybody else, I don't see them doing anything truly terrible.  And by the end, they will probably be the ones running things.  Because they are competent and well-liked.

Tho I don't think all the 'Starks will do x horrible thing' posts are even worth our time, I don't think this is such a good argument. GRRM love Tyrion above everything, and he's been turning into more and more of a villain.

7 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

Tho I don't think all the 'Starks will do x horrible thing' posts are even worth our time, I don't think this is such a good argument. GRRM love Tyrion above everything, and he's been turning into more and more of a villain.

He has also said Tyrion is something of a villain.   He has said no such thing about any of the Starks, not even Arya, who is the most likely to go bad.  But I think he'll pull her back before the brink.

1. Wight Wolf - Jon Snow

They will get revenge but they will pay for it dearly.  Arya will lose her life after killing Walder.  Jon already lost his but he is likely to lead fellow ice wights to attack the Boltons.  It's too bad about Bran.  He's too powerful to kill without modern herbicides! 

1. Wight Wolf - Jon Snow

This revenge they are not entitled to.  The wolves will have their day but it won't end well for them.  It won't lead to positive results.  They will only make it harder to mount a defense against the others. 

12 hours ago, Unit A2 said:

They will get revenge but they will pay for it dearly.  Arya will lose her life after killing Walder.  Jon already lost his but he is likely to lead fellow ice wights to attack the Boltons.  It's too bad about Bran.  He's too powerful to kill without modern herbicides! 

Really? Are you watching the show or reading the books? It's hard to tell from your response. Make it make sense.

Archived