Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LynnS

Friends of Sweetsunray

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, LynnS said:

I know friends and fans will want to express good wishes

I'm more of the latter. But what little i have interacted with him showed me a greatly intelligent individual 

#getwellsoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LynnS said:

Sweetsunray is recovering from surgery and chemotherapy treatment.  The treatment is 99% effective.  I know friends and fans will want to express good wishes.

Sincerely,

LynnS

:grouphug:

Christmas Light Hero - YouTube

Thanks for the update. I'm very glad Sweetsunray is recovering and the prognosis is so positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely no fan ;-).

But since I've been there and done all that with a similar prognosis, I can say that it is a less bumpy ride than people assume. You will be back on track in no time. A good piece of advice is to stay away from favorite dishes, since the damned stuff can mess up your sense of taste and smell - I really started to abhor my favorite lemonade for a time, and that really sucked. It all got back to normal for me, but there is no guarantee. It's better to abhor stuff you don't really like all that much.

But, of course, get better fast and all - although such well wishes aren't really that necessary when the prognosis is this good ;-)!

Edited by Lord Varys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:eek: I had relayed to LynnS she was free to pass on the message for it's no taboo for me. I hadn't thought she'd make a thread of it. :blush: But as I said, it's not a taboo for me. I was operated (and first diagnosed) on the 4th of September, 3 weeks after the cyst was first discovered by echo. I only learned after waking up and it was a surprise including for the surgeon. Every potential at risk organ and lymph nodes, etc were successfully removed and tissue research showed that aside from the tumor everything else was tumorcell free. It was however a very large ovarian cyst so they upped the level to 2A so chemotherapy was obligatory. All the doctors involved and myself regard the chemo as a precaution after-treatment to make sure that if some nasty cell managed to settle somewhere else (unlikely but not something that can be ruled out) it would get destroyed. I had my 4th chemo last week. 2 more to go, one between Christmas and New Year and the last in January. Side effects are bearable - bald of course, nausea for five days and joint pains for a week after a session, and then in the week before my next session I'm fatigued because of the related immunity dip right before it. My cancer marker levels had lowered back into the normal levels after the 1st chemo, proving that 6 chemo sessions would be succesful in destroying potential free roaming cancer cells. In January my prognosis in the coming years will be 90%. And I intend to live another 46 years. ;)

But clearly that explains my absence or lack of response. My energy was deployed elsewhere. Thank you for your well wishes, friend, fan or no fan. :wub:

Edited by sweetsunray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

But clearly that explains my absence or lack of response. My energy was deployed elsewhere. Thank you for your well wishes, friend, fan or no fan. :wub:

Glad to hear everything has gone well and you are on the mend. Sending best wishes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear that you are doing ok @sweetsunray 

Cancer is a scary asshole and chemo probably the worst medicine to have take... As Varys said; don't eat or drink your favourites because the nausea can condition you to hate them. 

Also - video games is a good escape from thoughts that aren't constructive, when my mom had it she played tetris like crazy its the best way to keep the brain busy when you don't have the energy to actually do something or when thoughts interrupts your reading.

 

Best wishes :cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancer stinks. Chemo also stinks but at least it has a good aim.

You sound upbeat and optimistic, which is great. Sending best wishes for a quick and complete recovery!

2021 cannot come soon enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2020 at 2:14 PM, sweetsunray said:

:eek: I had relayed to LynnS she was free to pass on the message for it's no taboo for me. I hadn't thought she'd make a thread of it. :blush: But as I said, it's not a taboo for me. I was operated (and first diagnosed) on the 4th of September, 3 weeks after the cyst was first discovered by echo. I only learned after waking up and it was a surprise including for the surgeon. Every potential at risk organ and lymph nodes, etc were successfully removed and tissue research showed that aside from the tumor everything else was tumorcell free. It was however a very large ovarian cyst so they upped the level to 2A so chemotherapy was obligatory. All the doctors involved and myself regard the chemo as a precaution after-treatment to make sure that if some nasty cell managed to settle somewhere else (unlikely but not something that can be ruled out) it would get destroyed. I had my 4th chemo last week. 2 more to go, one between Christmas and New Year and the last in January. Side effects are bearable - bald of course, nausea for five days and joint pains for a week after a session, and then in the week before my next session I'm fatigued because of the related immunity dip right before it. My cancer marker levels had lowered back into the normal levels after the 1st chemo, proving that 6 chemo sessions would be succesful in destroying potential free roaming cancer cells. In January my prognosis in the coming years will be 90%. And I intend to live another 46 years. ;)

But clearly that explains my absence or lack of response. My energy was deployed elsewhere. Thank you for your well wishes, friend, fan or no fan. :wub:

You need a floppy straw hat! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweetsunray is true to her name. Sweetness and sunshine. You bring so much love, knowledge and passion to the boards. My heart goes out to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

You need a floppy straw hat! 

:rofl:Beanies are my preferred hat when going out. Though I have some scarfs and pretty looking bonnets... it's just that everybody knows why you are wearing those and look at you with pity. The beanies look less typical. Got a Jane Birkin styled wig too. Treat it as "let's be a chameleon and switch looks on the whim". But inside I cannot bear anything on my head for long. The operation forced me into the crone phase, and when I have a hot flash, having an egg for a head gives instant relief. All the heat exits that way :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

:rofl:Beanies are my preferred hat when going out. Though I have some scarfs and pretty looking bonnets... it's just that everybody knows why you are wearing those and look at you with pity. The beanies look less typical. Got a Jane Birkin styled wig too. Treat it as "let's be a chameleon and switch looks on the whim". But inside I cannot bear anything on my head for long. The operation forced me into the crone phase, and when I have a hot flash, having an egg for a head gives instant relief. All the heat exits that way :D

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Agreed. That's why it's not a taboo for me. I am very open about it. And I've noticed that it helps a lot. They will ask me questions and/or feel better about bringing it up... and well act normal to me. But it's too cold outside for a bald head and passers-by I cannot chat with. So, it's a beanie in that case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...