How likely is a Targaryen restoration? And how welcomed would a Targaryen restoration be?

Alex13

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:
23 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

True, but at least most of them are very funny, in an unintentional way.

Walder Frey was justified.

Bowen Marsh was justified.

Janos Slynt was cruelly martyred.

The Boltons are better then Jon and Stannis

Robb committed treason

Stannis is no match for even the Greyjoys

Aegon is a fake that will bring the 12 plagues on Westeros

The Starks will side with the Others

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. First of all the Others are hot elves (like icy blue versions of Orlando Bloom and Kate Blanchett from LotR) so yay. More importantly, they don't discriminate. To them it doesn't matter if you are old or young, sick or healthy, high born or peasant, black or white. They welcome everyone and other than the White Walkers, everyone is of the same status.

1 hour ago, Mystical said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. First of all the Others are hot elves (like icy blue versions of Orlando Bloom and Kate Blanchett from LotR) so yay. More importantly, they don't discriminate. To them it doesn't matter if you are old or young, sick or healthy, high born or peasant, black or white. They welcome everyone and other than the White Walkers, everyone is of the same status.

Vote Cthulhu White Walkers 2024. Why choose the lesser evil?

4 hours ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

Who pissed on your cheerios?

3 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

In his case I'd say half the forum

Alyn you are wrong. More like three quarters. 

3 hours ago, Dracul's Daughter said:

To be fair with him,I've seen some crazy comments about the Starks.That's why I try to stay as little as possible away from the forum.There are some comments that I can't wrap my head around them.

Thank you very much 

3 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

True, but at least most of them are very funny, in an unintentional way.

That's very true 

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

Walder Frey was justified.

Bowen Marsh was justified.

Janos Slynt was cruelly martyred.

You forgot the kind Boltons 

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Robb committed treason

Gosh. Now I missed a lot. 

37 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Solemnly nodding. As soon as i get a green card. 

Where have you been all this time? 

You know there was a communist joke that reminds me of this. Question at Radio Erevan:

"Is it true that in communism everyone is equal?"

"Yes, it's true. Everyone is equally poor"

3 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:
2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Robb committed treason

Gosh. Now I missed a lot. 

Look at the previous page on this thread for the Stannis and Aegon ones. This whole thread is a laugh riot

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Look at the previous page on this thread for the Stannis and Aegon ones. This whole thread is a laugh riot

Got it. Lol. 

3 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

You know there was a communist joke that reminds me of this. Question at Radio Erevan:

"Is it true that in communism everyone is equal?"

"Yes, it's true. Everyone is equally poor"

If communism is successful, as it's supposed to be on paper, it's the best form of government. But since it is we humans and not, say, bears, we have USSR, People's *cough * Republic *cough* of China, blah blah North Korea, as examples. Hail Stalin. Hail Chairman Mao Shitdung. Komrads. 

Just now, TheLastWolf said:

If communism is successful, as it's supposed to be on paper, it's the best form of government. But since it is we humans and not, say, bears, we have USSR, People's *cough * Republic *cough* of China, blah blah North Korea, as examples. Hail Stalin. Hail Chairman Mao Shitdung. Komrads. 

Not getting into this here, but communism doesn't even work on paper. But regardless, that was just a joke from that era, there are literally countless.

"Is it true that Stalin collects jokes with and about himself?"

"Yes he already has two barracks full"

12 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Not getting into this here, but communism doesn't even work on paper. But regardless, that was just a joke from that era, there are literally countless.

"Is it true that Stalin collects jokes with and about himself?"

"Yes he already has two barracks full"

A Russian optimist is someone who thinks things can't get any worse.  A Russian pessimist is someone who knows that they will.

Those who cast the votes count for nothing.  Those who count the votes count for everything.

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

A Russian optimist is someone who thinks things can't get any worse.  A Russian pessimist is someone who knows that they will.

Those who cast the votes count for nothing.  Those who count the votes count for everything.

What's the difference between and American and Soviet story?

An American story begins with "Once upon a time" while a Soviet story begins with "There will come a time when"

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

If anyone has the ability to unite the people of the world, it's The Others. And they have few needs which is good for the planet's resources (planet deserves a break). Bureaucracy will be a thing of the past. Equality for everyone. Plus they can get rid of that pesky global warming thing.

I see no downside really.

6 hours ago, SeanF said:

To everything there is a season......There is a time for peace, and a time for war. Regardless of what she wants, revolution is coming to Essos, because the slaves have been emboldened, after learning of the revolts in Slavers Bay. She doesn't know this, but Volantis is on the brink, the Old Blood have sent the armada as their last role of the dice, and in all likelihood that will backfire on them, very bloodily. This revolution is unlikely to be civilised.

Dragons, whether literal or metaphorical, belong in a war situation (eg the war against the masters, or the Others) but not in a peace time setting (whatever work of reconstruction takes place after the War against the Others).

Completely agree! I expect the Essos phase to go as follows

• Black-red on Dothraki the likes of Drogo's kos resisting her efforts to be their Stallion that Mounts the World
  • Spilling over into white joyous phase with the Dothrakis joining her, but going extravagant on Volantis
  • The decision not to destroy every free city, and thus a peace phase after Volantis - a treaty with the cities Myr, Tyrosh and Lys. They don't have standing armies of their own, and rely on sellswords, of which the biggest and most are either with Aegon or Dany, and Stannis hiring the leftovers. And the pirates don't have a fleet big enough to take on Vic's. With the slave market crushed on the selling side, there's not even motive for those three cities to war against such a united army.
  • A poison attempt and Tyrion revealing that Illyrio had Aegon reared with far more protection and teachers all of his life, and we go into black-red phase on Pentos, spilling over into her landing at Dragonstone.

Rinse repeat for Westeros, but it never ends with a white or green phase :crying: If we witness Viserion and Rhaegal being taken out and die in each of their respective phases, only black-red remains for Dany, and no more rinse repeat. Just fire & blood.

If anyone has the ability to unite the people of the world, it's The Others. And they have few needs which is good for the planet's resources (planet deserves a break). Bureaucracy will be a thing of the past. Equality for everyone. Plus they can get rid of that pesky global warming thing.

I see no downside really.

You convinced me.Where do I sign to join?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 5:38 PM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

He already did. Also stop referring to people by their bloody sigils or anything like that, Tyrion is probably one of if not the smartest character in the series.

And need I remind you Euron did participate at Fair Isle and Stannis absolutely obliterated him.

It does not change the fact that the Little Lion beat the stag.  The stag had to retreat back to Dragonstone in defeat.  This is not the same Euron that was defeated years ago.  Besides, the stag will not survive the battle with Roose Bolton.

Archived