Covid-19 #21 - The Darkness Before the Dawn

Fragile Bird

Hehe - as a kind of long time member of this forum i have to weigh in on Covid - be free :)

I've done official govvy courses for work and I can promise this - its not scary enough to lock down the global economy for. We have to protect elderly and co-morbid, for sure. Beyond that the response is entirely political and economic.

Funny sociological thing, I'm dating like 3 women ATM - have lost a shitload of weight - and all of my GFs agree to resist Clovid restrictions. Surprisingly, its the men in my life that are afraid of this over hyped version of SARS 1.

Meh. I'm sill having fun, just cant travel internationally which pisses me off (though some applications are close to being granted)  - my point is don't let this BS scare you into living differently.  There is a disease out there - that is very similar to SARS 1 - beyond that simple truth, don't trust any of the media and political BS ATM.

Current cure way worse than disease - FREEDOM!

42 minutes ago, ummester said:

Hehe - as a kind of long time member of this forum i have to weigh in on Covid - be free :)

I've done official govvy courses for work and I can promise this - its not scary enough to lock down the global economy for. We have to protect elderly and co-morbid, for sure. Beyond that the response is entirely political and economic.

Funny sociological thing, I'm dating like 3 women ATM - have lost a shitload of weight - and all of my GFs agree to resist Clovid restrictions. Surprisingly, its the men in my life that are afraid of this over hyped version of SARS 1.

Meh. I'm sill having fun, just cant travel internationally which pisses me off (though some applications are close to being granted)  - my point is don't let this BS scare you into living differently.  There is a disease out there - that is very similar to SARS 1 - beyond that simple truth, don't trust any of the media and political BS ATM.

Current cure way worse than disease - FREEDOM!

It's not about being 'afraid' for yourself - community spread is a real thing, and in a virus that spreads without symptoms for a time you could literally be killing people without knowing it.  Additionally, by following restrictions you're preventing hospitals from being overwhelmed, of they get overwhelmed patients who would normally have good outcomes (aka living) die instead.  

if you think that not sticking your dick in everything that moves for a year is worse than other people dying I don't know what to tell you.

if you think all these excess deaths this year are some kind of media hoax you are a dangerous fucking idiot.

Just goes to show you, the crazies are everywhere!

I have been looking at the US vaccination numbers, and while I realize the last two weeks have been busy ones because of the holidays, more than 9.5 M doses have been delivered but only 1 M given as of Dec. 23. It doesn’t look like 20 M will be delivered by year end, but even if they are they’re not going to be administered in the next 4 days.

A lot of optimism has been based on the idea of 20 M first doses being given in December, so 20 M people protected by the end of January, plus 40 M more doses delivered and given in January. No way that’s going to happen.

I would have thought more had been administered, holiday or not. If a million doses are given a day, which is the goal of the Biden administration, it would take 665 days to vaccinate everyone in the US using the two dose vaccines. Of course, the one dose J&J vaccines will likely roll out in January, but that’s still 332 days from the date they start to be administered, except the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines aren’t going to be abandoned, so you’re still likely looking at 400 or more days at a million a day. But I don’t see that number being hit any time soon.

It’s going to be a long, deadly year.

21 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

It's not about being 'afraid' for yourself - community spread is a real thing, and in a virus that spreads without symptoms for a time you could literally be killing people without knowing it.  Additionally, by following restrictions you're preventing hospitals from being overwhelmed, of they get overwhelmed patients who would normally have good outcomes (aka living) die instead.  

if you think that not sticking your dick in everything that moves for a year is worse than other people dying I don't know what to tell you.

if you think all these excess deaths this year are some kind of media hoax you are a dangerous fucking idiot.

80% of people have no symptoms, 15 % have mild symptoms, 5% serious and of those less than 1 % die - when has our species descended into such panic over less than 1% before? 

I'm going to live - you can be a be greater good coward if you want - but i bet when everything finally antes up you are the one left wanting.  

53 minutes ago, ummester said:

Surprisingly, its the men in my life that are afraid of this over hyped version of SARS 1.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-deadly-is-the-coronavirus-compared-to-past-outbreaks#2009-(H1N1)-flu-pandemic

Are you referring to SARS-CoV1 or H1N1 in your inaccurate assertion?

SARS CoV-1 (2002-2004)

• Global cases: 8,098 cases across 29 countries; 8 U.S. cases
  • Global deaths: 774; 15 percent mortality rate; no U.S. deaths

H1N!

• Global cases: about 24 percent of global population; 60.8 million U.S. cases
  • Global deaths: over 284,000; 12,469 in the United States; death rate was .02 percent

SARS CoV-19 (2020 -- so far)

• Coronavirus Cases: 81,239,206
  • Deaths: 1,774,085

229,110% increase in deaths. 2,291 times more deaths. 10,000 times more cases. So far. Seems underhyped. 

2 minutes ago, ummester said:

80% of people have no symptoms, 15 % have mild symptoms, 5% serious and of those less than 1 % die - when has our species descended into such panic over less than 1% before? 

I'm going to live - you can be a be greater good coward if you want - but i bet when everything finally antes up you are the one left wanting.  

The invincibility and ignorance of youth knows no bounds .Grow up.

5 minutes ago, Week said:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-deadly-is-the-coronavirus-compared-to-past-outbreaks#2009-(H1N1)-flu-pandemic

Are you referring to SARS-CoV1 or H1N1 in your inaccurate assertion?

SARS CoV-1 (2002-2004)

• Global cases: 8,098 cases across 29 countries; 8 U.S. cases
  • Global deaths: 774; 15 percent mortality rate; no U.S. deaths

H1N!

• Global cases: about 24 percent of global population; 60.8 million U.S. cases
  • Global deaths: over 284,000; 12,469 in the United States; death rate was .02 percent

SARS CoV-19 (2020 -- so far)

• Coronavirus Cases: 81,239,206
  • Deaths: 1,774,085

229,110% increase in deaths. 2,291 times more deaths. 10,000 times more cases. So far. Seems underhyped. 

Total BS - like I said, I did official government courses, i had to to travel to indigenous areas - your numbers are crap.

You are basically scaremongering - good luck to you and your life of fear.

1 minute ago, ummester said:

Total BS - like I said, I did official government courses, i had to to travel to indigenous areas - your numbers are crap.

Ok, well I'm convinced. You seem reasonable, rational, and intelligent enough that I'll take a troll's word at face value. Enjoy living a life of grievous ignorance without regard for others.

10 minutes ago, Week said:

Ok, well I'm convinced. You seem reasonable, rational, and intelligent enough that I'll take a troll's word at face value. Enjoy living a life of grievous ignorance without regard for others.

Look, i'm not a mean person, if others want to avoid me, I won't go near them. Ultimately the onus to protect oneself is upon oneself, right?

This community greater good BS is communistic crap - its not my problem to care about you, beyond your avoidance of me. I am reasonable, intelligent  and rational. As such an individual, i can guarantee you the most important people in a given society are those who stand up for individual rights, not those who stress over the greater good, or heard mentality.

True leaders of social construct are those who understand free thought matters, especially in times of universal fear.  Wake up - embrace your mind.

47 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Life is dangerous :D Live a little.

Better to die on you feet than live on you knees, after all.

Simple choice now - quake in fear or stand for freedom. I know i'm not gutless. rest us up to you.  

1 minute ago, ummester said:

Look, i'm not a mean person, if others want to avoid me, I won't go near them. Ultimately the onus to protect oneself is upon oneself, right?

This community greater good BS is communistic crap - its not my problem to care about you, beyond your avoidance of me. I am reasonable, intelligent  and rationale. As such an individual, i can guarantee you the most important people in a given society are those who stand up for individual rights, not those who stress over the greeter good, or hear mentality.

True leaders of social construct are those who understand free thought matters, especially in times of universal fear.  Wake up - em,brace your mind.

No, you are a woefully misinformed person. A freshman year libertarian. A red-pilled fool.

None of the above is at all relevant. Back up your assertions about the danger of the pandemic and how it isn't much worse than a disease that killed 2/3 fewer people total than are killed in the US daily. 

Use your freedom and (alleged) intelligence to find some fucking evidence that you are talking out of your ass. I'll wait.

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

So you’re a terrible person who doesn’t care about anyone but yourself. Ok noted. You can stop posting in this thread now.

So you are scared of alternate opinion?

You realise rational people can discuss without jumping to fearful conclusions right? 

2 minutes ago, Week said:

No, you are a woefully misinformed person. A freshman year libertarian. A red-pilled fool.

None of the above is at all relevant. Back up your assertions about the danger of the pandemic and how it isn't much worse than a disease that killed 2/3 fewer people total than are killed in the US daily. 

Use your freedom and (alleged) intelligence to find some fucking evidence that you are talking out of your ass. I'll wait.

Even if the current virus were the black death, with 33% mortality rate, i would chose freedom. Its an ideal. Its me. You don't like it, sorry - i rather be free.

It's funny though - this is a fantasy forum - and core of the Western fantasist ideal is freedom. When did you lovers of Western fantasy get so scared?

4 minutes ago, ummester said:

So you are scared of alternate opinion?

You realise rational people can discuss without jumping to fearful conclusions right? 

Rational people can take you at your word when you say you don’t care about millions of people dying when weighed against your ‘freedom’. 

Seriously, I think you’re an awful person. I think it’d be best if you just left this thread.

3 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Rational people can take you at your word when you say you don’t care about millions of people dying when weighed against your ‘freedom’. 

Seriously, I think you’re an awful person. I think it’d be best if you just left this thread.

Seems kind of closed minded and scared of alternate opinion to me

The only person whining about fear is the person banging their chest about freedumb. We don't have the same issue with fear as it seems you do. 

Concern and respect for other members of your community in the midst of a deadly pandemic is a rational response. Yours is not rational nor are your (still incorrect and unsupported) assertions about Covid-19.

37 minutes ago, ummester said:

I am reasonable, intelligent  and rational.

Clearly.

31 minutes ago, ummester said:

Life is dangerous :D Live a little.

Better to die on you feet than live on you knees, after all.

Simple choice now - quake in fear or stand for freedom. I know i'm not gutless. rest us up to you.  

If you knew what I do for fun this would be even funnier.

Freedom is overrated. Like democracy and most of our current notions, it is merely a means towards an end, which is mostly to be able to live a good healthy safe happy life. At times, some freedoms are definitely an obstacle, and in these cases, they can go to hell until the situation allows it.

Covid crisis is basically asking a simple question to every human being on this planet: Are you a fucking sociopath or do you care a tiny little bit about anyone else than yourself? A lot of people should be very thankful that they don't live in China, because there, their sociopathic reply would be recorded for eternity, and they would eventually be treated accordingly.

Archived