Football: A Blizzard of Games

polishgenius

There have been a number of poor performances, but really this is all on Klopp. We've been completely ineffective for the majority of the game, and he's just stood there and left them to it.

I think it's clear from this that Rhys Williams isn't going to make it as a Liverpool player either. Big Sam would have him for pace ffs.

2 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I think it's clear from this that Rhys Williams isn't going to make it as a Liverpool player either. Big Sam would have him for pace ffs.

He got done for pace once, in a straight race from the halfway line by the way, ffs. Other than that he was fine. Give it more than two minutes before you write players off.

Other than that, yeah, that was pretty shit.

There's 'no pace' and 'can't win a race with a Premier League striker from the opposition half'. I reckon 90% plus of the centre backs in world football lose out in that situation, including Matip and Fabinho. Gomez and van Dijk might be ok but they're notably quick for centrebacks. Williams might not make it but he's mostly been fine when he's played, including in this game.

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

We just need Klopp to actually fucking react, and withdraw the players who are having poor games quicker. It was clear by the end of the first half that we were struggling to do anything with the ball.

I agree it was obvious that Jones especially needed to be subbed way earlier. Ox was kinda shit when he came on though 

4 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

There's 'no pace' and 'can't win a race with a Premier League striker from the opposition half'. I reckon 90% plus of the centre backs in world football lose out in that situation, including Matip and Fabinho. Gomez and van Dijk might be ok but they're notably quick for centrebacks. Williams might not make it but he's mostly been fine when he's played, including in this game.

I'm not so sure.

Other than his pace, he has mostly done pretty well given his age, though of course he was directly responsible for Bergwijn's chances in the Spurs game.

1 minute ago, Mark Antony said:

I agree it was obvious that Jones especially needed to be subbed way earlier. Ox was kinda shit when he came on though 

There wasn't much time left and he was trying to force things. Being brought on too late doesn't help much. He should have been on at half time, well before we were chasing the win.

11 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Dropping points against 4 out of the bottom 5 teams is worrying. Thiago really needed in games against low blocks. 

I've given up on our biscuit players, they are never fit when you really need them, especially Kieta and Matip etc.

If we're going to win the title this season ,it will have to be mostly without them.

Apparently Klopp is happy with our current squad, been hearing we're not buying any CB in Jan.:wacko:

oh and Trent was shit again today.

Archived