Football: A Blizzard of Games

polishgenius

1 minute ago, Daeron the Daring said:

I'd like your relevant arguments of why he is a "cunt".

He's got a record amount of red cards and it isn't nearly enough. There was a period of several years in his prime, not sure if it's still the case coz I don't watch Spanish football regularly anymore, where he could have got sent off in nearly every match- treating red card offences like Trump does lying, where he did it so often he had to be trying to cripple someone before the ref would think he'd done something unusual.

Fuck Sergio Ramos.

That was way too comfortable for Leicester. Chelsea never looked like scoring and Leicester could have had more. Doesn't look like Lampard will see out this season especially with Tuchel available. Lampard is seriously underperforming with the squad he has. 

1 hour ago, Hereward said:

The ability to be a cunt lasts long after the legs and lungs have gone!

26 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Fuck Sergio Ramos.

Here people expect others to come up with arguments against this?

27 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

He's got a record amount of red cards and it isn't nearly enough. There was a period of several years in his prime, not sure if it's still the case coz I don't watch Spanish football regularly anymore, where he could have got sent off in nearly every match- treating red card offences like Trump does lying, where he did it so often he had to be trying to cripple someone before the ref would think he'd done something unusual.

Yes, he has the most red cards, and he is still one of (if not) the greatest defenders of all time.

You're claiming you've watched LaLiga regularly, I'd like to know which one? On which sseason/s was he treathened with being sent of on almost every match? 

We all know he never crippled anyone, and that almost all of his red cards (most of the time 2 yellows) are deserved. However, him comminting so many fouls backfired him another way too. With people acting a foul around him. This made him sent od not a single time (tho you mist know this, since you claim you've followed spanish football). And I'm not denying that he had some very unseemly fouls too. 

Still, how is that making him a cunt? Your comment contradicts your claim that you've followed spanish footbal, more precisely Real Madrid.

People seem to have a blind hatred for him, that most of the time comes from some kind of 'personal' grievance. 

Not to pile on, but what Ramos did to Karius in the CL final is atrocious. No one with respect for the game does that. Losing one's head in the heat of the moment is perhaps defensible, but not that. I do watch almost all Real, Barcelona and Atletico games myself, and have done so since about 2008. Ramos scores vital goals, makes vital defensive plays, as well as the odd defensive fuckup, and does what he can to win. That has, at times, included deliberately injuring other players when he felt he could get away with it, and/or has some personal stake. VAR has significantly reduced his cuntiest of moves, but the point remains. I vote "cunt".

34 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Yes, he has the most red cards, and he is still one of (if not) the greatest defenders of all time.

No-one said he wasn't. I would have if that had been what the argument is about, but you can be a great player and still be a cunt.

35 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

You're claiming you've watched LaLiga regularly, I'd like to know which one? On which sseason/s was he treathened with being sent of on almost every match? 

Man, I don't fucking know, it was from about 2008 through to 2013 or so that I paid attention. Loads of sly little studs up challenges, sneaky elbows and leaving reckless feet in.

42 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

People seem to have a blind hatred for him, that most of the time comes from some kind of 'personal' grievance. 

The personal greivance is that he is a...

32 minutes ago, lacuna said:

Not to pile on, but what Ramos did to Karius in the CL final is atrocious.

Atrocious? It was an unintentional move. And let's leave out Karius' "injury that made him unable to defend in the final..."

That has, at times, included deliberately injuring other players

You mix up deliberately injuring and deliberately commiting a foul.

has some personal stake

Yes, there were occasions that were commited for revenge. Only a very few, but still, and I doubt anyone is proud of that.

After all, I do understand when people claim he is not the fairest player ever. He is not. He is a very dirty player, in fact. But I don't see why would he be a cunt. I also don't get how all this had to come into a conversation about him, but you know. And the general hatred actually make people hate him even more, for such things too he's not guilty of.

Anyway, I didn't come here to talk about this.

17 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

You mix up deliberately injuring and deliberately commiting a foul.

17 minutes ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Yes, there were occasions that hsooened out of revenge. Only a very few, but still, and I doubt anyone is proud of that.

Were they deliberate (eta)attempts at injuring or were they not?

Don't get me wrong, he's not even the worst at "the dark arts" of football. I'd give that title to Raul Garcia, neck and neck with Busquets. But I can't recall ever seeing either of them try and injure someone. If you'd like video evidence, just do a search on youtube. The results will not be few.

I'll not bother argue the first point with you, since it'll be pointless. I saw what I saw, you saw what you saw, somehow.

6 hours ago, lacuna said:

Were they deliberate (eta)attempts at injuring or were they not?

Dude, him having several illegal moves does not mean his moves are intentionally illegal. You're assuming he's intentionally going for (for example) breaking someone's leg? That really is not the case. He fouled several times and achieved most of his cards. Do you think he's thinking that "Imma gon break this dude's leg or something" when he's going for a tackle? That's hilarious.

Also, if you'd know how he's got his red cards, you'll know that they mostly weren't recieved for irregular tackles. But yea, it's not possible to argue with someone that does not see what the actual situation is.

Good day to you.

Archived