Football: A Blizzard of Games

polishgenius

Yeah, I maintain my stance that there are only two teams capable of winning the league and those are City and Liverpool. City have been gathering momentum and look a real threat now - Guardiola has sorted out their defence and the team looks much more stable now than they did at the start of the season or even during large parts of last season.

Aguero has recovered from injury and returned to training a while ago (before the league game against United in mid December). I think Guardiola is just being extra careful with him. Jesus is back as well so City's options up front are looking better for the second half of the season.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Of course we are going to give Sheff Utd their first win. When Derby got 11 points I'm sure 4 of them were against us. Bruce is a pile of shite. 

I question how Bruce is training his side if he refuses to even encourage them attack against the team who haven’t won a single league match all season. I mean why even bother to turn up?

That's a lucky but deserved goal for Pogba. Man ran the show with a typical box-to-box peformance. Shame he hasn't done that more often in 4 years. He's had many moments of brillance for us in that period but there are very few games where you can say he was the MOTM.

Martial was also quite good today... but still can't score.

I realise that I’m entering dangerous territory here, as they’ll probably win the title over relegation fodder Liverpool, but I wonder if Guardiola is approaching Thatcher levels of certainty about his infallibility.

And Kiel has forced Bayern into extra time.

And it's time for the penalties.

And Bayern's exited the German Cup in the second round against second tier team Kiel.

Happy for Fin. Who scored the goal to equalize Bayern's first goal, and scored the final penalty.

I really don't understand why Mourinho chooses to be this negative. This ultra-negative mindset is the difference between current Mourinho and the first decade or so of his career when he was among the top 2 or 3 best managers in the world.

Spurs controlled possession in the 1st half and were by far the better side. They created numerous very good chances and could have had 3 or 4 goals while remaining compact in defence. All he had to do was continue with the same gameplan in the 2nd half and Spurs would have won comfortably; instead he chose to sit back and hope for a 1-0 win at home against a team in the relegation zone.

What an upset in the DFB Pokal. Holy shit. It's not like Bayern were even playing their reserves either. Too bad Holstein Kiel couldn't have fans in the stadium to soak up this historic win.

Archived