The Mandalorian Season 3 - Season Two Spoilers

Relic

16 minutes ago, RumHam said:

It's weird how little discussion there was at the end. Clearly Din expects to see the kid again, but I don't think Luke ever said where they were going to be? I don't think he'd started the Jedi school yet at this point. 

Expect endless debate about whether or not the kid survives the conniption of Ben Solo. Oy.

20 minutes ago, RumHam said:

It's weird how little discussion there was at the end.

Yeah.  Maybe they'll keep going back to that scene like a Rashomon thing.

20 minutes ago, unJon said:

one thing I can’t figure out. Why did Mando shave the mustache between episodes? 

To look good for Grogu.  Duh.

6 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Expect endless debate about whether or not the kid survives the conniption of Ben Solo. Oy.

Meh.  Ben should be like what, four or five right now.  They got some time.  Although when I just googled Ben Solo the top suggestion was "Ben Solo kill Grogu," so fair point.

Moff Gideon sure played Bo Katan with regards to the Darksaber, loved it. Giancarlo Espisoto can't seem to do wrong these days. Of course those of us who've followed The Clone Wars and Rebels might cry inconsistencies, but the proportion of the new fan base the show is drawing in doesn't know of all that, and what was played out works fine for me, sets up a nice divide between Bo Katan and Din. 

2 hours ago, DMC said:

I do not really care about Boba taking over as don of Jabba's empire, no.  Much preferred the redemption arc they had him on - sure, not full-bore and still grey, but this just seems like pure regression.

Gotta agree, I was hoping Boba would quietly find solace in a less destructive life, but that would be boring and Di$ney has rent owing.
It almost seems the disdain he got from Bo Katan and Koska Reeves might have swayed his direction.

And I have to hand it to Ming-Na Wen. Who hasn't had a crush on Wen since she first appeared in films back in the early 90s? Not only can she act but at 57 (57!) still smoking hot, and her Fennec Shand comes off deadly and badass - glad she didn't die the true death in Season one. 

42 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

He survived Anakin killing all the jedi kids so I wouldn't be that worried about him. 

Plus he's already really powerful. He could have easily dispensed with a few of the Knights of Ren and wandered off looking for frog eggs. 

Edit: and that's when Mace Windu finds him and takes him in.

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

He survived Anakin killing all the jedi kids so I wouldn't be that worried about him. 

Plus he's already really powerful. He could have easily dispensed with a few of the Knights of Ren and wandered off looking for frog eggs. 

He's very small so probably just hid behind a potted plant or something.

9 minutes ago, RumHam said:

5 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

He's very small so probably just hid behind a potted plant or something.

Fascinating though the potted plant theory is, The knights of Ren aren't just your average easy-to-kill, not-intimidating-in-the-slightest Storm Troopers.  They came (fingers close together) that close to surviving an entire trilogy.

And the don't call it "the kind of dark but not really so very Dark Side".

Begun, the "The Child" war, has. 

1 hour ago, unJon said:

Such a great episode for me. Loved Luck showing up even with weird CGI. 

one thing I can’t figure out. Why did Mando shave the mustache between episodes? 

How do I explain this? A Beskar helmet is, on a certain level, a kind of "mustache," in that it's a specific facial accessory. So, it's kind of like a hat on a hat? 

I raised my kids on Star Wars. My adult son and I got hooked on this series from the start of season one. I'm pleased to say I think it only got better as it went along. This season's ending was great. This is how the extension of the Star Wars universe should be done. So much better than the last three movies. Now I just have to convince my daughter to give it a try.

1 hour ago, ithanos said:

Who hasn't had a crush on Wen since she first appeared in films back in the early 90s? Not only can she act but at 57 (57!) still smoking hot

Agreed.  While I never watched the show, I remember seeing her in ads for Agents of Shield a few years back and being like "man she looks so much like Wen she must be her daughter," then shocked that, nope, still just her.  Incredible.

55 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

I think that whatever happens with Rogu, they're not just going to leave it so that he could potentially have been with Luke and the others on the night Ben went bananas.

Yeah considering the popularity of the character I can't imagine they'd leave it like that.  I anticipate/expect they know Roku needs some type of resolution.

1 hour ago, unJon said:

Such a great episode for me. Loved Luck showing up even with weird CGI. 

13 minutes ago, Arch-MaesterPhilip said:

How do I explain this? A Beskar helmet is, on a certain level, a kind of "mustache," in that it's a specific facial accessory. So, it's kind of like a hat on a hat? 

They had CGI moneys left over from constructing Mark Hamill's cold, dead, emotionless face.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Fascinating though the potted plant theory is, The knights of Ren aren't just your average easy-to-kill, not-intimidating-in-the-slightest Storm Troopers. 

Well sure, but that's because they suffer from.... Space Madness!!!! Just give them their ice cream bars and they'll stop hassling you.

Archived