The Mandalorian Season 3 - Season Two Spoilers

Relic

2 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

First, Din needs a new ship. With Bobba doing his own thing, I doubt Din will be able to use Slave I as a taxi service. So expect a side quest or two with Din getting a new ship.

Yes, one of the things I look forward to seeing.

If season 3 is slated for the end of 2021 I suspect we may not see it until 2022, but hopefully by then we would've gotten the starts of Ahsoka and The Book of Boba Fett, filling in parts of the shared time frame.

Guest characters from this season I'd like to see more of; Frog Lady, Cobb Vanth, Migs Mayfield.  

In Frog Lady (with her partner and offspring) we have a galactic civilian going about the business of existence. It's nice to have this reminder amongst bounty hunters, scum & villainy. Plus, she's awesome.  

Timothy Oliphant's Cobb Vanth is just too cool not to have back.

For Migs, I have the suspicion he'll appear reluctantly with Cara Dune somewhere, whether its The Mandalorian or Rangers of the New Republic. The fact that both were goaded into killing the Imperial Officer/Pilot they were talking to is hint they could gel together like nitro and glycerol.

33 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Then, I expect a plot where Luke sends him a message that he needs his help, and Din has no hesitation with that, but probably some side quests first.

The Mandalorian Season 3:  Rise of the Jedi's Bounty Hunter.  In all seriousness, I agree they got plenty of material to cultivate going forward - and definitely agree Din acquiring a new ship is the obvious next mission-quest he must complete and I'm looking forward to it.  But still, I can't help but feel everything going forward is going to pale in comparison in terms of stakes/payoff to Chapter 16, which is a really weird situation for any show to be in.

31 minutes ago, ithanos said:

If season 3 is slated for the end of 2021 I suspect we may not see it until 2022

Yeah my impression/expectation is we'll get the Boba show starting next December and then Season 3 to come shortly thereafter - but won't premiere until 2022.  What I'm curious is will they overlap in terms of release schedule?  Hell, will all these new shows be released weekly like Mando?

Totally agree Frog Lady, Vanth and Bill Burr need to be revisited.  Given Din's weird-ass Mandalorian code you gotta figure he owes Frog Lady some type of life debt for his kid eating, like, at least a dozen of her kids.

26 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Kathleen Kennedy said in the event on December 10th that Mando season 3 is coming next December.  Not 2022.

Yeah, but schedules change.  Especially these days.

8 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

There’d be a great scene to be had where Luke tells Ahsoka that he turned Anakin back before he died, I don’t see any other way Ahsoka could know that. Unless you can just kinda ‘tell’ cos ... the force.

He could have just shown up to her as a force ghost.

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

First, Din needs a new ship. With Bobba doing his own thing, I doubt Din will be able to use Slave I as a taxi service. So expect a side quest or two with Din getting a new ship.

Bounty hunter quest from ToR here we come! Actually a sort of Great Hunt would be a good idea. Bo-Katan wants the dark saber, but doesn't want to kill the Mando for it, so they're able to get everyone to agree that a series of challenges consisting of hunting down and fighting dangerous targets would be an acceptable substitute for fighting over it directly.

10 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I personally can’t see them recasting the OT actors. It’d be really weird to have an actor play the same character young and old, with someone else randomly doing the middle. Plus there’s a limited scope of stories to be told seeing as we know the major beats of their lives between RotJ and tFA. 

I loved that we got to see prime Luke being who we wanted him to be after RotJ but I don’t have much interest in seeing it week after week.

Ummmm... Solo is a thing.

20 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Ummmm... Solo is a thing.

It is, and it didn’t do so well, and it’s not what the bolded says; he plays a young Han, not a Han somewhere in between two that have already been played by Ford. So I guess I’m talking about Mandalorian timeframe, post Jedi pre Awakens.

2 hours ago, ithanos said:

Timothy Oliphant's Cobb Vanth is just too cool not to have back.

He pretty much has to show up on the Boba Fett show if Boba is starting a criminal empire on Tatooine. Plus Boba could be annoyed about him using the armor. 

33 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

He could have just shown up to her as a force ghost.

He could, it’s all a little fuzzy with force ghosts. Going by Clone Wars episodes, Qui-Gon figured out how to have his disembodied consciousness return from the cosmic force to the living force, and he told Yoda where to go to learn how to go further, and bring his whole being back as a ghost. So he taught Obi-Wan ... but how did Anakin learn it? Yet another inconvenience the PT wedges unnecessarily into the canon. Coupled with force ghost Luke in tRoS moving stuff around, death starts looking like a minor inconvenience to a Jedi. Brush yourself off and carry on as before.

Anyway, I can’t see why Ahsoka would know about force ghosts, so she’d be pretty freaked out if he did appear. I just generally dislike the idea of ghosts roaming around doing as they please, my head canon is that Obi-Wan was bound to Luke when he died, and could carry on ‘inside’ Luke. Yoda could have done the same, and Anakin, as all three were with Luke when they died. I imagine them all just kinda ... floating off, job done once RotJ ends.

(I know this all belongs in the SW thread really, but it’s still centred around the fact that Luke was in this last episode.)

Yep, I satisfied there's plenty direction for the new shows to go. Lets hope we get new characters added to the gallery.

----------

Criteria for new ship. Depends on what Din gets up to next in terms of employment. If he continues as a bounty hunter then he needs a particular type of vessel. Preferably one with cargo space for half a dozen carbonite slates, good speed and range, stealth abilities, a balance of firepower & defenses. If he gets out of the bounty game then the transport type expands.

Actually he may well have a home base or dwelling that we see him visit - that would be interesting. Still, he needs his own transport.

Aesthetically, I don't know if the show could come up with anything that flies/lands as gracefully as Slave I. Someone mentioned they could watch Slave I flying over terrain all day. I have to agree, those shots on Typhon, Morak and that planet they found Bo-Katan on look great with Slave I flying about.

1 hour ago, ithanos said:

Yep, I satisfied there's plenty direction for the new shows to go. Lets hope we get new characters added to the gallery.

----------

Criteria for new ship. Depends on what Din gets up to next in terms of employment. If he continues as a bounty hunter then he needs a particular type of vessel. Preferably one with cargo space for half a dozen carbonite slates, good speed and range, stealth abilities, a balance of firepower & defenses. If he gets out of the bounty game then the transport type expands.

Actually he may well have a home base or dwelling that we see him visit - that would be interesting. Still, he needs his own transport.

Aesthetically, I don't know if the show could come up with anything that flies/lands as gracefully as Slave I. Someone mentioned they could watch Slave I flying over terrain all day. I have to agree, those shots on Typhon, Morak and that planet they found Bo-Katan on look great with Slave I flying about.

Whatever ship he gets I hope he gets a ship alarm on it. I yelled at tv every damn episode., CLOSE the damn ramp and lock the ship! Nah, leave it open for scavengers and looters.

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

It is, and it didn’t do so well, and it’s not what the bolded says; he plays a young Han, not a Han somewhere in between two that have already been played by Ford. So I guess I’m talking about Mandalorian timeframe, post Jedi pre Awakens.

They should just do it and see what happens.

11 hours ago, Vaughn said:

There's no need to retcon everything or deepfake Hamill or any of this - just set new material after RoS and it's a blank slate. Doesn't have to be 1000 years into the future, even a few years or farther from the action of RoS would be fine.

I loved the OT but for me, the galaxy of Star Wars is as critical as any specific character. Han Solo was my favorite OT character and Obiwan my favorite Jedi character but the enjoyment I got out of 'the Mandalorian' wasn't diminished by their absence in the series. I enjoyed watching 'Rebels' with my kid and neither showed up there either. I think it's creatively bankrupt to keep going back to the Skywalker well now and I also think it's largely a midde-aged fan fixation. My kid doesn't care about Luke or Leia more than Ezra or Rey for example and thought the Leia thing in TLJ was goofy.

Hey screw you, man. Middle aged fan fixation?! Those kids that don’t care about Luke just weren’t raised right.

11 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

He also needs a new pulse rifle. The dude is still carrying the ammo for it on him. :P We need more disintegrations!!!

I never thought about it but why was Fett disintegrating people? He's a bounty hunter. Was he just bringing back piles of ash and saying "here's the guy." 

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

I never thought about it but why was Fett disintegrating people? He's a bounty hunter. Was he just bringing back piles of ash and saying "here's the guy." 

Maybe he only disintegrainting people stopping him from capturing the bounty? We also don't know if he was good at his job? He only got one bounty that I know about...

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

Well, not to be that guy, but if Star Wars galaxy can figure out hyperdrive it's not too surprising they could extract DNA from ashes.

5 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Kathleen Kennedy said in the event on December 10th that Mando season 3 is coming next December.  Not 2022.

With the announcement of Book of Boba Fett for December 2021 it looks like the previous announcement of Mandalorian Season 3 starting Christmas of 2021 was a fake out.  Disney doesn't want them airing series concurrently (Just look at how the six Marvel series in 2021 are positioned), and Favreau has said they are getting ready to start filming Boba but won't be filming Manda until they finish that.

21 minutes ago, DMC said:

Well, not to be that guy, but if Star Wars galaxy can figure out hyperdrive it's not too surprising they could extract DNA from ashes.

Their technology level is so weird because the first movie came out in the 70s. Sure they have hyperdrive but no internet or cell phones. I bet people are stuck trying to jerk off to those weird blue holograms too. 

Archived