The Mandalorian Season 3 - Season Two Spoilers

Relic

4 hours ago, Toth said:

You "Mace Windu survived" guys really can't stop, can you?

I mean, that is pretty well done right. There is imagery and storybeats in this and the proceding chapter which I would love to see in a film :) 

Before we continue Season 3 speculation we should reflect back on Season 2. And what better way than to hold nominations & awards for the season. Categories are now open, I've added my initial nominations - feel free to add.

Best Stormtrooper Death
- Boba Fett victim #3 (The Tragedy)

Best non-Stormtrooper Death
- The Razor Crest (The Tragedy)
- The last Dark Trooper (The Rescue)
- Frog Lady's eggs (The Passenger)
- The Tuskan who got ate by the Krayt Dragon (The Marshall)
- The Krayt Dragon (The Marshall)

Best New Character
- Imperial Officer in the Cantina on Morac (The Believer)  
- Frog Lady (The Passenger)
- Bo Katan Kryze (The Heiress)
- Ahsoka Tano (The Jedi)

Best Reveal of the Season
- Bo Katan Kryze (the Heiress)
- Cobb Vanth (The Marshall)
- Boba Fett (The Marshall)
- Luke Skywalker (The Rescue)

Best Quote of the Season
- 'I'm a simple man making his way through the galaxy' (The Tragedy)

Best Grogu Moment
- Force tossing 2 stromtroopers around like a little wizard (The Tragedy)
- Saying goodby to his dad before heading off to college (The Rescue)

Most inexplicable technological feat:

So Boba Fett has been living in the dusty wastes of Tatooine, finds Fennec, who's had her abdomen blown up and just like... fixes that horrible, fatal injury with cybernetics? What, in the back of Slave One?

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

Gina Carano is out after too much social media asshattery.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/feb/11/gina-carano-fired-from-the-mandalorian-after-abhorrent-social-media-posts

Totally fungible part - won't miss her.

Yeah the reason she should have been let go is really that she simply cannot act, at all. Has no idea what to do with her face or body during moments where violence is not occurring. That’s not really confined to the Mandalorian

Whether someone should be fired for having bad opinions on political stuff is a whole other matter, but i won’t miss her, even if she sort of looked the part in the show.

She's definitely from the Stallone school of acting where the underlying muscles can't seem to move the face like you'd expect.

The Expanse is wrapped right? They should just hire Frankie Adams if they want a non-wispy woman to play an action part on the show.

10 minutes ago, Vaughn said:

She's definitely from the Stallone school of acting where the underlying muscles can't seem to move the face like you'd expect.

The Expanse is wrapped right? They should just hire Frankie Adams if they want a non-wispy woman to play an action part on the show.

Non wispy is one way to put it. But I think actually her shape and size suited the role quite well, you would never doubt her being a bad ass, even if she struggles to walk and talk.

27 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Whether someone should be fired for having bad opinions on political stuff is a whole other matter, but i won’t miss her, even if she sort of looked the part in the show.

Having bad opinions is one thing. "Abhorrent and unacceptable" social media posts is quite different - conflating the two is incorrect.

Antisemitism, anti-mask, Qanon, etc. etc. Publicly behaving like an asshole is bad for a public job. The 'beliefs' are fairly irrelevant other than for the pearl clutching, cancel culture warriors.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/gina-carano-is-no-longer-a-part-of-star-wars-1846244896

3 minutes ago, Week said:

Having bad opinions is one thing. "Abhorrent and unacceptable" social media posts is quite different - conflating the two is incorrect.

Antisemitism, anti-mask, Qanon, etc. etc. Publicly behaving like an asshole is bad for a public job. The 'beliefs' are fairly irrelevant other than for the pearl clutching, cancel culture warriors.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/gina-carano-is-no-longer-a-part-of-star-wars-1846244896

She compared Republicans to the Jews in WW2, which is dumb as fuck. But, if we're being honest here, a lot of people compared Trump to Nazis which also proved ot be pretty fucking dumb. 

As someone said above she should have been fired after season 1 for not being able to act her way out of a D&D campaign. 

16 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Non wispy is one way to put it. But I think actually her shape and size suited the role quite well, you would never doubt her being a bad ass, even if she struggles to walk and talk.

Agreed - there should be more diversity in the physicality of women in action shows/movies. Enough with the 5'5" 110lb. 'killing machine' trope in scifi already.

Think she must have deleted the offending tweets, I saw the tweets about comparing nazis treatment of the Jews to people with different opinions in the US, but honestly everyone on the internet compares everything to nazi Germany so that’s not so shocking.

I heard there is some anti vaccine stuff and election stuff, but hard to find what was actually said 

12 minutes ago, Relic said:

She compared Republicans to the Jews in WW2, which is dumb as fuck. But, if we're being honest here, a lot of people compared Trump to Nazis which also proved ot be pretty fucking dumb. 

Not really. He followed the fascist playbook step by step and openly courted neo-Nazis. We're just lucky he's a complete fucking idiot. 

1 minute ago, Vaughn said:

Agreed - there should be more diversity in the physicality of women in action shows/movies. Enough with the 5'5" 110lb. 'killing machine' trope in scifi already.

Yeah agree, it’s much easier to suspend disbelief if the actor / actress actually looks like they might in fact be able to win a fight.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not really. He followed the fascist playbook step by step and openly courted neo-Nazis. We're just lucky he's a complete fucking idiot. 

Courting Neo-Nazis is a far cry from being Hitler. Let's keep things in perspective here. Both are stupid metaphors. And i agree with you, we're lucky he's dumber than a big mac.

Archived