Cersei's Plot in TWOW

CamiloRP

So, I've seen many people think that Cersei's plot is heading to her  ruining the kingdom more and more. Due to her paranoia, she's gonna finish destroying Lannister-Tyrell relations. I even read a few comments that said the under her reign, the Faith Militant will grow even stronger. The thing is, since when where the plots in this books so easy to predict? When did an established plan worked as it was supposed to? And Varys does establish his plan for Cesei to do exactly this. In general a plan is presented, and then it never happens. Ned was to go to the Wall. Robb was to take Moat Cailin. Drogo was to make a supply run and then invade Westeros. Furthermore, this storyline many fans want to happen would be a retrace of the last two books, do you really think George will put the same storyline twice when he's trying to make the story more concise? 

Also, Cersei went through a whole experience that should make her realize the mistakes she made. This experience took down her main mean of power: her beauty. When her twin, Jaime, lost his main mean of power, his skill in combat, he grew a lot as a person, became smarter, wiser and a better commander. Shouldn't we expect something similar from Cersei? After all, she will definitely have problems ruling, it won't be as easy as it was before, not only because she's a woman, but because she's a woman that everyone's seen naked, a woman that most people think a whore, and an ugly woman. The patriarcal society of Westeros would have a hard time listening to her, and she will have to change tactics in return.

Cersei will blow up the Great Sept of Baelor, then face no opposition as she rules with an iron fist, with everybody bowing to her and never revolting and then Dany will come in, refuse to take Kl, then take it anyways and ruthlessly and systematically destroy it, with Cersei dying from bricks in the head which she would have survived had she moved three feet to the right. Trust me, it's a good story.

She’s a grey character.  More tragic rather than a villain.  It was Jaime who slew his own king and threw a kid out the window.  She will be occupied with her trial.  That will be her plot for the first half.  Second part has her dealing with either Euron or Aegon.  Whoever comes first.  

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Cersei will blow up the Great Sept of Baelor, then face no opposition as she rules with an iron fist, with everybody bowing to her and never revolting and then Dany will come in, refuse to take Kl, then take it anyways and ruthlessly and systematically destroy it, with Cersei dying from bricks in the head which she would have survived had she moved three feet to the right. Trust me, it's a good story.

boo

1 hour ago, Dragomir said:

As much as I hate Cersei ,I can actually see her finding a way out of all this and coming out on top, that woman is relentless.

Absolutely, and she's bound to be even more so now.

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Those are not the only two options.

1 hour ago, Prince Rhaego Targaryen said:

She’s a grey character.  More tragic rather than a villain.  It was Jaime who slew his own king and threw a kid out the window.  She will be occupied with her trial.  That will be her plot for the first half.  Second part has her dealing with either Euron or Aegon.  Whoever comes first.  

She's tragic alright, but she also killed her husband and king, had her KG torture Alayaya, and a whole bunch more of evil things. She's tragic and a villain.

2 hours ago, CamiloRP said:

Also, Cersei went through a whole experience that should make her realize the mistakes she made. This experience took down her main mean of power: her beauty. When her twin, Jaime, lost his main mean of power, his skill in combat, he grew a lot as a person, became smarter, wiser and a better commander. Shouldn't we expect something similar from Cersei?

Yes.

I do think that Cersei will approach things from a much different angle. She'll still be a villain, she'll still lose at the end of the day and she'll still be stupid...but I think she's going to be a lot more careful and a lot more subtle.

At least until something happens to Tommen and/or the Tyrells which would give the ability to regain power by way of Myrcella.

I think it's relatively simple. Cersei's new source of power is going to be FrankenGregor, through Qyburn. The only thing that's really changed for Cersei is that instead of using her beauty to rule through seduction and artifice, she's going to use the undead Mountain and her pet necromancer to rule through brute force and terror. Nothing really changes for Cersei on a personal level. The only lesson she will learn is that instead of using subtle means of physical beauty, she now must rely on power through intimidation. And at the end of the day, the same flaw will be her undoing, by relying too much on something that cannot last. Her beauty fades, Qyburn is an unreliable pawn, and people really friggin hate Gregor.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:47 AM, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Wow.  That's brilliant.  Send it to GRRM and tell him to stop now.  I wrestled with this for a while, but it's obvious now that after Tommen gets it the people of Westeros will sit back and let Cersei crown herself Queen without anyone making even the smallest squawk.  You know I'll bet all that business in the north isn't as big a deal as people think either.  Probably a little girl on a trampoline could sort the whole thing out herself if she had the right dagger.

1 minute ago, Jay21 said:

Wow.  That's brilliant.  Send it to GRRM and tell him to stop now.  I wrestled with this for a while, but it's obvious now that after Tommen gets it the people of Westeros will sit back and let Cersei crown herself Queen without anyone making even the smallest squawk.  You know I'll bet all that business in the north isn't as big a deal as people think either.  Probably a little girl on a trampoline could sort the whole thing out herself if she had the right dagger.

Creatively it made sense to us because we wanted it to happen

Cersei will die at the hands of Undead Tommen (either in TWoW or ADoS). Which means she has to be in proximity to the Others. In GRRM's 1993 letter to his editor, his plan was for Cat and Arya to escape King's Landing and head north and be killed by the Others. Maybe he transferred this plot line to Cersei?

1 hour ago, dbergkvist said:

Cersei will die at the hands of Undead Tommen (either in TWoW or ADoS). Which means she has to be in proximity to the Others. In GRRM's 1993 letter to his editor, his plan was for Cat and Arya to escape King's Landing and head north and be killed by the Others. Maybe he transferred this plot line to Cersei?

That's a great idea, however I don't think she needs to go to the North. It's not like there's someone in KL with a past in necromancy.

Maybe when Tommen kicks it she makes Qyburn bring him back, with him eventually kill her for her desecrating her son's body in such a way just to hold on to power.

1 hour ago, dbergkvist said:

Undead Tommen would be a sight.  "someone's been killing all of the cats in the Red Keep..."

I believe her trial by combat will be resolved easily in the start of Winds. Gregor will win the day and Cersei will be cleared of all charges. She will be cast aside by Tyrells but she will have her chance when Mace loses by Aegon near Storms End. She will become queen regent again. Tommen is poisoned by Sand Snakes and she goes crazy but crowns Myrcella and becomes her regent. Aegon comes and takes Kings Landing. Myrcella is killed by Jon Con and Cersei flees to Casterly Rock alone, childless and mad. 

32 minutes ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

I believe her trial by combat will be resolved easily in the start of Winds. Gregor will win the day and Cersei will be cleared of all charges. She will be cast aside by Tyrells but she will have her chance when Mace loses by Aegon near Storms End. She will become queen regent again. Tommen is poisoned by Sand Snakes and she goes crazy but crowns Myrcella and becomes her regent. Aegon comes and takes Kings Landing. Myrcella is killed by Jon Con and Cersei flees to Casterly Rock alone, childless and mad. 

I don't believe her trial by combat will be so simple. My guess is that Gregor will win, but in winning reveal whatever the fuck lies beneath that helmet, sparking and uproar and the Faith trying to make the Trial by Combat invalid as her champion was an abomination of nature.

8 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I don't believe her trial by combat will be so simple. My guess is that Gregor will win, but in winning reveal whatever the fuck lies beneath that helmet, sparking and uproar and the Faith trying to make the Trial by Combat invalid as her champion was an abomination of nature.

At that point, will it even matter? Abomination or no, FrankenGregor will demolish any opponent sent against him and inspire terror in the hearts of Cersei's enemies. He is the mechanism by which Cersei will fall finallly and completely into the "evil queen" trope that George has set up for her.

11 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

At that point, will it even matter? Abomination or no, FrankenGregor will demolish any opponent sent against him and inspire terror in the hearts of Cersei's enemies. He is the mechanism by which Cersei will fall finallly and completely into the "evil queen" trope that George has set up for her.

I mean it does matter. If FrankenGregor wins quietly and without revealing he's of the undead variety then things might enter an uneasy truce in KL, but if he's revealed all hell will break loose

33 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I mean it does matter. If FrankenGregor wins quietly and without revealing he's of the undead variety then things might enter an uneasy truce in KL, but if he's revealed all hell will break loose

All hell breaking loose will probably benefit Cersei. That is Varys's plan after all; kill Kevan and Pycelle, destabalize relations between Cersei and the Tyrells, and keep Cersei in power because of her destabalizing influence. The likelihood is that once Gregor is revealed for the horror that he is, no one is going to want to mess with Cersei, no matter what the Faith says. She will learn to use this to rule through fear and terror.

I hope she triumphs in Winds. Tries to out-Tywin Tywin. Wins all the ruthless awards to climb her way to the top, then comes head-to-head with Dany to see who is more ruthless.

Aegon is completely unfun in this regard because I think Dany or Cersei will eat him for lunch.

Cersei is there to pressure anyone who wants her seat of power to risk going lower in morality than her. Who will race her to the bottom? Dany would be the most interesting IMO.

Archived