Video Games- Game of the Year

Fez

Alright so I need a gaming pc to play a game that came out in 1997. I haven't done this since before Half Life 2. Is Newegg still a good site? The emulator recommends "GPU: GTX 980 Ti or later" that's not one of the fancy ones that you can't get because people are using them for bitcoin mining is it?

16 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Alright so I need a gaming pc to play a game that came out in 1997. I haven't done this since before Half Life 2. Is Newegg still a good site? The emulator recommends "GPU: GTX 980 Ti or later" that's not one of the fancy ones that you can't get because people are using them for bitcoin mining is it?

That seems incredibly high, but I guess the emulation layer is that clumsy.

Unfortunately, that card and equivalents are all running about $500+ right now.

Just now, Ran said:

That seems incredibly high, but I guess the emulation layer is that clumsy.

Unfortunately, that card and equivalents are all running about $500+ right now.

I wonder if maybe I could get away with something less powerful since I'm just looking to run Goldeneye and not like Halo Reach where there's sometimes 50+ enemies on screen. Each halo enemy probably uses more polygons than like a dozen goldeneye guards. 

Maybe I'll get a PC with a nice processor and decent video card and worry about upgrading that later when they are more available. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I wonder if maybe I could get away with something less powerful since I'm just looking to run Goldeneye and not like Halo Reach where there's sometimes 50+ enemies on screen. Each halo enemy probably uses more polygons than like a dozen goldeneye guards. 

It may make sense to wait for people to post about tweaking the emulator settings to see if they can get better performance.

There are N64 emulators for the N64 version, some even run in a browser, as here. Doesn't look as nice, of course, as the XBox Live version that's leaked.

Just now, Ran said:

It may make sense to wait for people to post about tweaking the emulator settings to see if they can get better performance.

There are N64 emulators for the N64 version, some even run in a browser, as here. Doesn't look as nice, of course, as the XBox Live version that's leaked.

Yeah I've tried emulating it, the problem is getting the controls to feel right because it was designed as a single joystick game, For the Perfect Dark remake they adapted it to play like a modern two stick shooter and I assume they did the same here. 

8 hours ago, janbaum said:

I've tried this already. I could not get

You tried tweaking the settings of the Xenia emulator? I saw some people saying they got better results with VSync turned off but I'm still at like 6fps. My processor just isn't good enough. 

• 1 month later...

Cyberpunk is definitely something worth waiting for! Despite all the bugs that only a lazy person could keep quiet about, I'm still thrilled with this game. Change my mind! (No, you don't have to, it won't work anyway) XD

2 hours ago, Kolla said:

I'm still thrilled with this game. Change my mind! (No, you don't have to, it won't work anyway) XD

I certainly won't try, I completely agree with you. There's a dedicated thread for Cyberpunk 2077, although it's got spoilers for the story if you're not done with it yet or aren't familiar with all the endings.

Archived