Baseless Predictions Thread

The Bard of Banefort

We spend a lot of time talking about predictions on this forum, and why we believe the text supports them. Then there are other kinds of predictions: the ones based purely on a gut a feeling, with no real basis in the information given in the books thus far. As a fun little experiment, I thought it would be neat to make a thread where everyone could share what headcanons they think may come true, even if there's no way to prove them yet. (Plus, it will be fun to revisit this thread after more books come out to see if anyone guessed correctly).

Spoiler

Show Spoiler: For years I thought Bran would be king based on nothing more than gut instinct, until I finally accepted that I was probably wrong since the kid was stuck in a cave beyond the Wall and had lost all of his emotions. Now I don't know whether to feel foolish or triumphant.

I'll start with some of my own baseless predictions:

• Maekar will properly knight Dunk
  • Jaime will be the first person to see Tysha again, not Tyrion
  • Dany will feed Barristan to Drogon after he betrays her for Aegon
  • Bran will save Jaime from Stoneheart through some magical means
  • Aegon will try to take both Arianne and Sansa as his wives
  • Arya will kill Stoneheart

I'm sure I'll come up with more at some point. What are some of your baseless predictions? :P

These are some pretty nice crackpots you've got here. I agree with Bran saving Jaime from Lady Stoneheart, especially if she tries to execute him in a godswood.

My baseless predictions are:

Jon is not dead.

Olyvar Frey is the mysterious "Rosby ward" who gets mentioned every once in a while in Kings Landing.

Davos and company will be our eyes on the ground in Hardhome.

Arya will find and weild Dark Sister.

Arriane will follow the pattern of her brother Quentyn and die with an unresolved character ark.

Edric Storm will become Lord of Storms End and head of House Baratheon by the end of the series

Stannis will win the Battle of Ice, but be betrayed and killed by Northern Lords.

The Others won't make it past Winterfell, which people will complain about for years after the series is ended

The Stark children will have no love for each other by the time they are reunited, Rickon will be feral, Bran will lose his humanity, Arya will become a sociopath and Sansa will be thinking about her claim to WF and the North when she sees them again.

Jon will lead humanity against the Others in the Battle of Dawn 2.0 and win, discover his heritage, and gain the respect of all the Lords in the Realm. When a Great Council is held to anoint a new King he will be by far the most likely candidate, with most thinking the council will just be a formality. However, he will be manipulated by Bloodraven into giving up his crown and supporting Bran's candidacy for Kingship.

Tyrion will die a sudden brutal death sometime early in ADOS or late in TWOW, as no man is as accursed as the Kinslayer

48 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

Arya will find and weild Dark Sister.

I could see this happening, especially if she's involved in the fight against the Others.

48 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

Arriane will follow the pattern of her brother Quentyn and die with an unresolved character ark.

You might be right about this. I don't think Arianne will make it out of the series alive.

2 minutes ago, Muffin King said:

Edric Storm will become Lord of Storms End and head of House Baratheon by the end of the series

The Others won't make it past Winterfell, which people will complain about for years after the series is ended

Agreed on both these points.

3 minutes ago, Muffin King said:

Stannis will win the Battle of Ice, but be betrayed and killed by Northern Lords.

Ooh that's interesting. Do you think it will be because he'll try to burn the weirwood trees?

2 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Agreed on both these points.

Ooh that's interesting. Do you think it will be because he'll try to burn the weirwood trees?

That will be a factor, but it will mostly be because they will have no more use for Stannis after the Boltons are defeated, as they know Stannis would intend to drag them into another war for the Iron Throne, which the Northerners don't care for. 

Stannis's victory will be a pyrrhic one, and most of the men genuinely loyal to him will die, the Northern Houses such as the Manderly's and Dustin's will sweep up the survivors and kill Stannis, but make it look like he simply died in the fighting against the Bolton's. By the time Davos arrives to WF with Rickon, it'll be too late. Rickon will be proclaimed Lord of Winterfell then

Arya will not become an assassin; the Faceless Men have no intention of making her one.

Arya will meet Jeyne Poole in Braavos and will return to Westeros with Jeyne in tow.

Jeyne Poole is pregnant with Ramsay's son.

Arya will lose her virginity in the next book, but not to Gendry. My suspects are Edric Dayne or Podrick Payne.

Jaime will die in the first third of Winds.

The prologue of Winds will feature the arrival of Jeyne Westerling and Edmure at Casterly Rock.

Jon is not dead,, but he is comatose.

Davos will be our eyes on Hardhome, and then end up in the Land of Always Winter.  Neither he nor Rickon will make it south of the Wall in Winds.

Benjen Stark and Ashara Dayne are both alive.

Jon Snow will have an affair with Meera Reed

So a good part of TWOW is actually pretty mapped out if you look at foreshadowing character arks and just try and piece together where things will go. That said there is still a lot of question marks, so here are my baseless predictions on that:

- Aegon will be the best King since Aegon V. No proof or reason, just a feeling that that is the direction GRRM will take the story and his inevitable conflict with Dany.

- Dany will execute most of Meereen's nobility (a bit too late I might add)

- Lemore is Ashara. Again no proof, but it fits, and it would be superbly interesting to see her interact with Barristan and be the final catalyst to him defecting to Aegon.

- Euron will not take Oldtown. He will win the Battle of Blood, and with that and his magic will assert himself as the naval power of Westeros, but that will be it.

- Roose and Ramsay will be burnt by Stannis. No reason for it, just that burning is an awful way to go, and still not enough for those two.

- Jon and Val will be a thing. Again no real basis besides the fact that they have good chemistry and Val is the only named woman in a huge range for Jon to you know.

- Arya will mercy kill Stoneheart after Red Wedding 2.0.

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

- Lemore is Ashara. Again no proof, but it fits, and it would be superbly interesting to see her interact with Barristan and be the final catalyst to him defecting to Aegon.

Ooh, that's a good one! And yeah, I feel like Ashara definitely still has to be alive somewhere, because I can't think of any other reason why she comes up so often. Unless her lovechild with Brandon actually survived and will be introduced at some point. (The fact that Allyria is so significantly younger than her siblings leads me to believe that she might be said lovechild. Again, a headcanon).

1 hour ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

- Arya will mercy kill Stoneheart after Red Wedding 2.0.

I also think this is why Arya will kill Stoneheart, as a way of putting her to rest. I suspect this will be what eventually makes Arya question her pursuit of vengeance. Plus, I personally think Arya is the Stark who takes most after Cat, at least in personality.

I have another one: Asha is pregnant (which was sort of implied by her not getting a chance to take moon tea) and will give birth to a son she'll name Quellon.

4 minutes ago, LynnS said:

HAH!  Great idea for a thread! 

Thanks! I hope more people comment, because I'm really enjoying reading these. 

• The Horn of Joramun is not meant to bring the Wall down. It's meant to rally people against the Others and Sam will be the one to blow it
  • Elia Martell has been posing as Septa Lemore
  • Blackfyre is not in the hands of Illyrio
  • The Tattered Prince is also a dragon, but a pretty old one
  • Aegon, Elia Sand and Arianne will replay the beats of another story from the past
  • Jon's resurrection will happen at the same time as Euron's blood sacrifice
  • Dany will destroy Khal Pono's khalasar
  • Daario will eventually betray Dany
  • Missandei might end up having a significant role going forward, just like every bookworm in the series. I think she's going to come up big
  • The Dance 2.0 will not be between Dany and Aegon
  • The lords at Winterfell (Manderly, Umber . . .) have had their heads hacked off
  • Ramsay will escape Winterfell and there will be a fight between his hounds and the direwolves. He is Jon's to kill
  • I think the POV character for the prologue of TWoW will be Sybell Spicer
8 hours ago, Nevets said:

Poor girl. Like she hasn't suffered enough.

9 hours ago, Nevets said:

Arya will lose her virginity in the next book, but not to Gendry. My suspects are Edric Dayne or Podrick Payne.

Jesus Christ man, you do know she's still 11, right? That's at the very least one year from her first period, but more likely 2 or even 3.

9 hours ago, Nevets said:

Isn't there some mention in ADWD or the preview of TWOW, that given Ramsay's ahem, preferred activities, pregnancy is out of the question?

3 minutes ago, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Ramsay will escape Winterfell and there will be a fight between his hounds and the direwolves. He is Jon's to kill

I'm hoping Rickon goes to Winterfell in control of Nymeria's pack and wargs Ramsey's girls.  Woe to Ramsey. B) 

41 minutes ago, LynnS said:

I'm hoping Rickon goes to Winterfell in control of Nymeria's pack and wargs Ramsey's girls.  Woe to Ramsey. B) 

No. Arya in Nymeria and Rickon in Shaggy. The girls however .... Sansa has been missing Lady and it is one of the few, very few from the abomination I'd like replicated. 

38 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

No. Arya in Nymeria and Rickon in Shaggy. The girls however .... Sansa has been missing Lady and it is one of the few, very few from the abomination I'd like replicated. 

Getting mauled to death is a pretty quick death though, especially if the dogs go straight for the jugular. I'd prefer him and his odious dad getting burned alive by the One True King.

2 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Getting mauled to death is a pretty quick death though, especially if the dogs go straight for the jugular. I'd prefer him and his odious dad getting burned alive by the One True King.

Cmon. Quick!? No way. Like the haters say daily, just a few million times, the savage Starks will relish the flesh of the Boltons via his 'girls' slowly. Sansa... LF's successor 

Archived