Baseless Predictions Thread

The Bard of Banefort

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

It also wouldn't surprise me if we found out that Jaime helped Darry get Rhaella and Viserys out of King's Landing somehow. That will throw a major wrench in Dany's quest for vengeance: can she kill the Kingslayer if he saved her life?

Actually Aerys II sent Queen Rhaella (then newly pregnant with Princess Daenerys) and Prince Viserys to Dragonstone. So they did not need any help from Jaime.

So I will throw this out there. Most people here are convinced that Aegon is not really Aegon son of Rhaegar. However, to me the plot becomes more interesting if he is. So this is my baseless. Here's the reason why. The books spend quite a bit of time on Rhaegars annulment of his marriage to marry Lyanna. The obvious reason for this would be to make Jon Snow not a bastard, but this creates a more interesting plot point. If both 1st male children of Rhaegar live it creates a genuine contest for the throne. Does Rhaegars annulment take Aegons inheritance from him? It also means that the targaryans, see Aegons reason for traveling to Dany in the first place. If they marry it gets rid of who is the rightful heir. However if both Jon and Aegon live, this does not work. 

Now in our law if Aegon is born before his marriage in annulled he would still inherit, which he clearly was. However we do not know what they will do in westeros with this knowledge. Dany would now have 2 suitable people before her in line to the throne, but she has the dragons. So this could cause her to go mad, especially with Tyrian as her advisor. 

My current "baseless predictions" all revolve around Aegon. 

1) He will go to Summerhall, Jon Conington will try to inform him of Rhaegar's interest in prophecy as much as he can. 

2) Instead of being interested in Arianne, or Elia Sand, I believe Jayne Ladybright can end up being a greater temptation knowing the Robb/Jeyne situation, or I could see a repeat of Aegon III/Jaehaera with Myrcella

3) I believe he won't have a major battle with the Reach forces at the Storm's End, the Euron Invasion may take priority for the Reacher Lords. And I can easily see Aegon to journey to Riverlands, if he ends up crossing ways with Lord Edric Dayne. 

4) Aegon's journey to Riverlands will take him to Harrenhall, which would allow Jon Conington to give us a view on the Tourney through his POV, Riverlands is also where I think Aegon and Sansa will cross paths, I can't see Valemen going to the North in the books. 

3 hours ago, remiel6 said:

So I will throw this out there. Most people here are convinced that Aegon is not really Aegon son of Rhaegar. However, to me the plot becomes more interesting if he is.

I also think the story is much more interesting if he's real. It's a fun little twist on the Daenerys storyline; that she's spent so long delaying getting back to Westeros and messing around playing the khaleesi and breaker of chains on the other side of the world, that another Targaryen that was actually more focused on Westeros just... got there first and did what she was supposed to do, despite having no buildup in the other books. It's one of the few genuinely surprising "wow, I didn't expect that" moments in the larger narrative of the series. 

19 minutes ago, Egged said:

Arianne and Aegon have a walk, stumbled on Elia having sex or play-fighting with some lowborn who Aegon chastises, Elia gets really angry at him, Aegon snaps, and everything falls apart for Aegon and Arianne from here on out.

Why would Aegon chastise Elia for being with Nate? It's Arianne's job, she made Elia swear to act properly, she would react instead, since Aegon is in no position to do so. I understand you are trying to equate Aegon to Joffret but in this case it doesn't work.

21 minutes ago, asongofheresy said:

Why would Aegon chastise Elia for being with Nate? It's Arianne's job, she made Elia swear to act properly, she would react instead, since Aegon is in no position to do so. I understand you are trying to equate Aegon to Joffret but in this case it doesn't work.

He would not chastise Elia, it would be the boy/man.

This scene very likely echoes something that happened at the Harrenhal tourney: 

“I want to see what it is.” Joffrey turned his horse in the direction of the sounds, and Sansa had no choice but to follow. The noises grew louder and more distinct, the clack of wood on wood, and as they grew closer they heard heavy breathing as well, and now and then a grunt.

[...]

Beyond, in a clearing overlooking the river, they came upon a boy and a girl playing at knights. Their swords were wooden sticks, broom handles from the look of them, and they were rushing across the grass, swinging at each other lustily. The boy was years older, a head taller, and much stronger, and he was pressing the attack. The girl, a scrawny thing in soiled leathers, was dodging and managing to get her stick in the way of most of the boy’s blows, but not all. When she tried to lunge at him, he caught her stick with his own, swept it aside, and slid his wood down hard on her fingers. She cried out and lost her weapon.

Aegon might do the "right thing" and not repeat what Joffrey did, which may serve to show us "another way" that things could have gone if Joffrey hadn't been an awful person. But there is also the possibility that being with Arianne, the first woman he has ever been as far as we know, that he might try to act like a "man" and screw up big time in the process.

Basically, it could go in many ways, but I believe a repeat of this scene is very likely, another sort of crossroad of destinies that would shape the future based on what actions they take, maybe similarly to Rhaegar stumbling on Lyanna as he looked for the KotLT, or Joffrey and Sansa stumbling on Arya/Mycah.

I don't think George would just do a 1-1 repeat of a previous scene, but I do think this will once again by a cyvasse-like moment for those involved. Aegon's move will be key.

From the square towers at the castle’s corners flew the banners of House Toland; a green dragon biting its own tail, upon a golden field. 

Green dragon can be thought of as a young inexperienced dragon, the golden field being the Golden Company. Biting its own tail can imply a repeat of the past.

3 minutes ago, Egged said:

He would not chastise Elia, it would be the boy/man.

This scene very likely echoes something that happened at the Harrenhal tourney: 

Aegon might do the "right thing" and not repeat what Joffrey did, which may serve to show us "another way" that things could have gone if Joffrey hadn't been an awful person. But there is also the possibility that being with Arianne, the first woman he has ever been as far as we know, that he might try to act like a "man" and screw up big time in the process.

Basically, it could go in many ways, but I believe a repeat of this scene is very likely, another sort of crossroad of destinies that would shape the future based on what actions they take, maybe similarly to Rhaegar stumbling on Lyanna as he looked for the KotLT, or Joffrey and Sansa stumbling on Arya/Mycah.

I don't think George would just do a 1-1 repeat of a previous scene, but I do think this will once again by a cyvasse-like moment for those involved. Aegon's move will be key.

I don't believe Rhaegar found Lyanna as he was searching for KOLT, I don't believe Lyanna can ever be a Knight to begin with, I am content with Rhaegar finding the shield and do no additional search to please Mad King. I also don't believe Arianne's Company will have any major significance to Aegon's story in TWOW but that's my bias against Arianne speaking 

8 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

I see the one true Baker King has more loyal servants. Be blessed and eat your fill in honor of our liege and savior, King Hot Pie, the True Azor Ahai Reborn.

Speaking of kings, do you remember the Bread Riots? All other kings fell, until only King Bread was left. Foreshadowing! 

1. All the dragon riders will be female. Daenerys, Missandei, and Asha.
  2. Jon Snow and Arya Stark will become man and wife.  Jon will be a corpse king and rule the wall.  A corpse ruling over wights. 
  3. Aegon is part Blackfyre, part Dayne. 
  4. Sweetrobin and Sansa will marry.
  5. Bran is the Lord of Darkness and will inflict evil on the people of Westeros.
  6. Daenerys will burn Bran and that tree of his in order to end the long night. 

14 minutes ago, LynnS said:

My second baseless prediction is that Quaithe is Melara Heatherspoon rescued from the well by Maggy the Frog after Cersei tries to murder her.

A new theory for me, I remember discussions about the dream containing clues about Maggy the Frog's identity, Cersei is accompanied by Jeyne "Farman" and "Melara" Heatherspoon, Alice(?) Farman is sad to journey to Asshai and Melara could be nod to Melisandre/Melony, Maggy's descendant Jeyne Westerling has the heart shape face of Melisandre after all :idea:

1 hour ago, asongofheresy said:

A new theory for me, I remember discussions about the dream containing clues about Maggy the Frog's identity, Cersei is accompanied by Jeyne "Farman" and "Melara" Heatherspoon, Alice(?) Farman is sad to journey to Asshai and Melara could be nod to Melisandre/Melony, Maggy's descendant Jeyne Westerling has the heart shape face of Melisandre after all :idea:

I'm sorry.  You are not meant to take it seriously.

On 10/16/2021 at 8:27 AM, LynnS said:

My baseless prediction is that Qyburn attached Robert Baratheon's head to Gregor Clegane's body.  Can't wait for the look on Cersei's face.

Gotta be someone's. I'd never considered Robert (always hoped it would be Falyse), but that may have merit. Robert and Robb Stark both get the 'strong' adjective attached to them, I think the first usage of the word 'strong' is in reference to Robb comparing him to Jon. Harrenhall is 'strong', was the seat of house Strong... he's even named Ser Robert Strong, isn't he?

I think you could consider moving this out of the 'baseless predictions' thread.  It's got legs if a mechanism and reason for preserving Robert's head for the 2 years or so between his death and remounting on the mountain that rides can be found.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:08 AM, asongofheresy said:

2) Instead of being interested in Arianne, or Elia Sand, I believe Jayne Ladybright can end up being a greater temptation knowing the Robb/Jeyne situation, or I could see a repeat of Aegon III/Jaehaera with Myrcella

Wouldn't it just burn Connington if Aegon turned out to be into dudes?

Archived