Baseless Predictions Thread

The Bard of Banefort

17 hours ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Gotta be someone's. I'd never considered Robert (always hoped it would be Falyse), but that may have merit. Robert and Robb Stark both get the 'strong' adjective attached to them, I think the first usage of the word 'strong' is in reference to Robb comparing him to Jon. Harrenhall is 'strong', was the seat of house Strong... he's even named Ser Robert Strong, isn't he?

I think you could consider moving this out of the 'baseless predictions' thread.  It's got legs if a mechanism and reason for preserving Robert's head for the 2 years or so between his death and remounting on the mountain that rides can be found.

Plus Robert Strong had 16 bastards.  There is really nothing to go on to make it anything other than baseless/unsupported.  It's a wild guess on my part.  But I think I'd laugh my head off if it happens.

1 hour ago, LynnS said:

Plus Robert Strong had 16 bastards.  There is really nothing to go on to make it anything other than baseless/unsupported.  It's a wild guess on my part.  But I think I'd laugh my head off if it happens.

Better keep the head on. You don't know where it may end up.

I don't know, I gotta keep my eye open for any intimation or hint that Cersei could have kept Robert's head around somehow.  Probably a fairly long shot... Something about Cersei defiling her hated husband's body that much and making it into something that would have been all the husband she wanted fits for me.

On 10/16/2021 at 7:37 AM, remiel6 said:

So I will throw this out there. Most people here are convinced that Aegon is not really Aegon son of Rhaegar. However, to me the plot becomes more interesting if he is. So this is my baseless. Here's the reason why. The books spend quite a bit of time on Rhaegars annulment of his marriage to marry Lyanna. The obvious reason for this would be to make Jon Snow not a bastard, but this creates a more interesting plot point. If both 1st male children of Rhaegar live it creates a genuine contest for the throne. Does Rhaegars annulment take Aegons inheritance from him? It also means that the targaryans, see Aegons reason for traveling to Dany in the first place. If they marry it gets rid of who is the rightful heir. However if both Jon and Aegon live, this does not work. 

Now in our law if Aegon is born before his marriage in annulled he would still inherit, which he clearly was. However we do not know what they will do in westeros with this knowledge. Dany would now have 2 suitable people before her in line to the throne, but she has the dragons. So this could cause her to go mad, especially with Tyrian as her advisor. 

Or the very likely possibility is that Rhaegar -- like Maegor the Cruel and Aegon the Conqueror -- simply kept Elia as his first wife and took Lyanna as his second wife.

Why do people want Dany to go mad so bad? It doesn't make sense at all and it's not a good look to have all these women in positions of power going insane or having an inability to be honest and have a backbone.

On 10/10/2021 at 1:43 PM, Megorova said:

In that letter were written certain things that were especially hurtful to Jon. It's like whoever wrote that letter, personally knew Jon, and thus also knew what exactly to write to provoke him the most, to make him loose his head and to act rashly.

Also - Ramsey didn't knew that Selyse and Shireen arrived to Castle Black. Ramsey woudn't have cared about finding information about Stannis' family, where they are or what they are doing. There was no reason for Ramsey to sent someone to get information about them. And thus he didn't sent anyone, and thus there was no way for him to know that Stannis' wife and daughter came to Castle Black. Even Stannis didn't knew that - he left them at the Eastwatch. Thus the only person who knew about them being at Castle Black, is the person who departed from there already after their arrival, and that person is Mance.

And if Ramsey captured Mance and tortured him to find out who and why sent him and those spearwives, he wouldn't have asked about Selyse and Shireen, because he wouldn't have known that they are at the Castle Black. And I don't think that Mance himself would have given any information about them to Ramsey without being specifically asked about them. Thus the letter is fake, and it was written by Mance, to provoke Jon.

Also whoever sent that letter, didn't wanted Jon to take action against Boltons, because it's likely that by the time when the letter was sent, Stannis had already defeated Boltons. Maybe Ramsey had escaped and went with several of his people to Dreadfort, but the main purpose of that letter wasn't to make Jon clash with Ramsey. The main purpose of it was to make Jon desert from Night's Watch. Mance wanted Jon to do the same thing as he did all those years ago. He wrote that letter because he wanted to push Jon out of the Watch. He wants to use Jon's potential and to force him to become the new King of the Wildlings, and to fight the Others from the position of the King, not from the position of the Lord Commander. And Mance acts that way because he is compelled to do that. He was manipulated by blood magic.

Do you remember that story how Mance deserted from Night's Watch? I'll add a few details to that story - the shadow-cat that attacked Mance was a vessel/skin of Shiera Seastar. Then Shiera, who is also the shadowbinder Quaithe, shadow-glamoured herself to look like a wildling healer, and while she was treating Mance from those wounds that she inflicted on him thru her shadow-cat, she was also using magic on him, in result of which he deserted Night's Watch, because staying there became unbearable to him. Shiera, who is also the Three-Eyed Crow (forget what you know about the Three-Eyed Raven from the TV-show, that has nothing to do with the book-version of who the 3EC is), sewed Mance's cloak with red silk from Asshai. Three strips of silk like three eyes of the 3EC, thus thru that cloak Shiera was manipulating Mance's actions and motivations for the past 15 years, since his desertion. She's the one who made him to go to the Wildlings and to unite them into a single tribe. Because Shiera knows that Jon is the Prince that was Promised, and thus she used Mance to gather an army for Jon to use in the future against the Others. So Mance wrote Pink letter because he (unknowingly to him) was magically compelled to make Jon his successor, to make him the King Beyond The Wall. Or something close to that.

Sorry but Mance Rayder left Castle Black before Shireen and Selyse showed up.

I don't think Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter either and I'm not going to say that there's no way Mance didn't write the Pink Letter (because frankly there is)....but Mance left Castle Black before Shireen and Selyse arrive.

Mance left in Jon VI or Jon VII and Selyse and Shireen showed up at Castle Black in Jon IX

16 hours ago, Aejohn the Conqueroo said:

Better keep the head on. You don't know where it may end up.

I don't know, I gotta keep my eye open for any intimation or hint that Cersei could have kept Robert's head around somehow.  Probably a fairly long shot... Something about Cersei defiling her hated husband's body that much and making it into something that would have been all the husband she wanted fits for me.

I don't recall anything about Robert''s funeral or lying in state.  Nothing is mentioned about it that I can recall.  So, I wonder if Qyburn had access in the end and did what he wanted with it.  Are we really sure that the Martells received Gregor's head?  They can't make a positive ID, they are not even sure, but accept that it is his head.  

If it is Gregor's head; what has Qyburn used as a replacement?  What happened to Robb Stark's head, for example.  Qyburn is the one who name's his creature Robert Strong and whatever he has been doing; Cersei didn't want to know the details.  

8 minutes ago, LynnS said:

I don't recall anything about Robert''s funeral or lying in state.  Nothing is mentioned about it that I can recall.  So, I wonder if Qyburn had access in the end and did what he wanted with it.  Are we really sure that the Martells received Gregor's head?  They can't make a positive ID, they are not even sure, but accept that it is his head.  

If it is Gregor's head; what has Qyburn used as a replacement?  What happened to Robb Stark's head, for example.  Qyburn is the one who name's his creature Robert Strong and whatever he has been doing; Cersei didn't want to know the details.  

From Cersei during Tywin's wake:

They made their way through the Hall of Lamps beneath colored globes of leaded glass, Tommen's hand in hers. Trant and Kettleblack flanked them, water dripping from their wet cloaks to puddle on the floor. The High Septon walked slowly, leaning on a weirwood staff topped by a crystal orb. Seven of the Most Devout attended him, shimmering in cloth-of-silver. Tommen wore cloth-of-gold beneath his sable mantle, the queen an old gown of black velvet lined with ermine. There'd been no time to have a new one made, and she could not wear the same dress she had worn for Joffrey, nor the one she'd buried Robert in.

1 hour ago, Tucu said:

Tommen wore cloth-of-gold beneath his sable mantle, the queen an old gown of black velvet lined with ermine. There'd been no time to have a new one made, and she could not wear the same dress she had worn for Joffrey, nor the one she'd buried Robert in.

That's the end of that then.  Too bad.  ;)

14 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

Sorry but Mance Rayder left Castle Black before Shireen and Selyse showed up.

I don't think Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter either and I'm not going to say that there's no way Mance didn't write the Pink Letter (because frankly there is)....but Mance left Castle Black before Shireen and Selyse arrive.

Mance left in Jon VI or Jon VII and Selyse and Shireen showed up at Castle Black in Jon IX

Yes, you're right - Mance left in chapter 33, and Selyse arrived in chapter 44.

Though Mance had connection with Melisandre thru the ruby bracelet. It's a magical artifact, and it has several "properties" - there's a shadow-glamour stored in it, also thru that bracelet Mel can control Mance. So it's likely that even if the two of them are far away from each other, the magical link that connects Mance's bracelet to Mel's necklace are still there (otherwise he could have just took it off after leaving Castle Black). So it's also likely that thru that artifact, thru their link, Mel is able to communicate with Mance and to provide him with information. She could have said to him about Selyse and Shireen's arrival to Castle Black.

Let's not forget that they live in a magical world, where a communication between people is still possible even if they are far away from each other. Glass candles are only one of magical means of long-distance communications. There's also fire-visions and clairvoyant dreams. And let's not forget about the voice from fire, that Varys had heard when he was a child. Shiera Seastar got into Dany's dreams by using a glass candle. So who said that Mel can't do the same by using magical link between her necklace and Mance's bracelet?

Whoever wrote the Pink letter knew about Selyse's recent whereabouts. There's no way for Ramsey to know that. And Mance has meants to know whatever has happened at the Castle Black already after his departure. Because - magic. So there's that. And thus I still think that the letter was written by Mance.

20 minutes ago, Loose Bolt said:

During next Long Night Westerosi will find out that their most effective weapon against White Walkers is golden showers. Or hot urine will melt Others.

Aeron Ahoy will be the true saviour; all other pretenders are mistranslations and misinterpretations:

The Drowned God gives every man a gift, even him; no man could piss longer or farther than Aeron Greyjoy, as he proved at every feast. Once he bet his new longship against a herd of goats that he could quench a hearthfire with no more than his cock. Aeron feasted on goat for a year, and named the longship Golden Storm, though Balon threatened to hang him from her mast when he heard what sort of ram his brother proposed to mount upon her prow.

2 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

During next Long Night Westerosi will find out that their most effective weapon against White Walkers is golden showers. Or hot urine will melt Others.

My inner 5 year old is absolutely delighted by this idea.

Archived