Baseless Predictions Thread

The Bard of Banefort

14 hours ago, Raven Princling said:

Ashara Dayne is alive and will play a part in the plot. 

- Quaithe is Shiera Seastar and mirrors the three-eyed crow (Brynden Rivers)

@Megorova been so long!

14 hours ago, Raven Princling said:

- Faceless Men never trained Arya to be their assassin. She will have to kill someone important and then can go her own way.

This ain't Disney

43 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:
15 hours ago, Raven Princling said:

- Faceless Men never trained Arya to be their assassin. She will have to kill someone important and then can go her own way.

This ain't Disney

:agree:

They're not going to let her go, ever. Arya joined their Guild, so now she is obligated to serve to the Many-Faced God, until the day she will die. And even after that, she will continue serving in a different manner - they will take her face to add it to their collection of face-masks.

10 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

This ain't Disney

Well, the topic is called baseless predictions...

I do not see Arya staying and serving the faceless by the end of the story. And I do not see her escaping (I doubt anyone can escape the faceless men tbh) or killing them all either. But it is just a baseless prediction that may or may not come true.

16 hours ago, Megorova said:

:agree:

They're not going to let her go, ever. Arya joined their Guild, so now she is obligated to serve to the Many-Faced God, until the day she will die. And even after that, she will continue serving in a different manner - they will take her face to add it to their collection of face-masks.

Umm I didn't exactly mean it that way, Arya not returning to the Westeros is simply not possible considering the continued existence of Needle and her prayers some of which require her own involvement to close accounts. Plus Nymeria Stark warg reunion, revenge et al .GRRM's fav char plus he originally titles winds to be a time for wolves or something

What i meant was the FM will not willingly give her up, Jaqen subplot has weight plus Arya is not the type to be restrained by assassins if she becomes one and wishes otherwise

On 11/13/2021 at 5:57 PM, Raven Princling said:

Interesting thread. These are some of my thoughts without any evidence I am aware of:

- Jon will  become Night King (or something of the sort)

- Ashara Dayne is alive and will play a part in the plot. 

- Quaithe is Shiera Seastar and mirrors the three-eyed crow (Brynden Rivers)

- Aeron will not die in Winds. In the battle after Forsaken chapter,  he will warg into a kraken that Euron will lure out during the battle with Redwyne fleet. Euron fed him nightshade to awaken his warging. Aeron's human body will perish and he will stay in the kraken form, becoming the Drowned God in a way.

- Miranda Royce is not the only one that sees through Alayne's facade, but the others are pretending to believe her for one reason or another. Not sure if they know that her real identity is Sansa tho.

- Sweetrobin is a warg just like Stark children.

Agree on Ashara and Quaithe, and I also don’t think Aeron will die (why would George give that away in a sample chapter?) 

I recently re-read the scene where Sansa meets Myranda, and judging by all the sex talk, and her asking very bizarre questions about Littlefinger’s manhood—considering that Alayne is his pretend daughter, after all—I’m wondering if Myranda suspected Sansa was LF’s concubine and was trying to see if she’d let something slip. He is a brothel owner, after all. 

7 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I recently re-read the scene where Sansa meets Myranda, and judging by all the sex talk, and her asking very bizarre questions about Littlefinger’s manhood—considering that Alayne is his pretend daughter, after all—I’m wondering if Myranda suspected Sansa was LF’s concubine and was trying to see if she’d let something slip. He is a brothel owner, after all. 

Pedophiles are all too common in Westeros it seems

On 11/15/2021 at 8:50 AM, The Bard of Banefort said:

Agree on Ashara and Quaithe, and I also don’t think Aeron will die (why would George give that away in a sample chapter?) 

Very good and interesting point! Never thought of it that way. It would make sense. 

On 11/15/2021 at 1:50 AM, The Bard of Banefort said:

I've seen the theory that Myranda was figuring out that Alayne = Sansa, but this seems more plausible. IMO Anya Waynwood knows who Sansa is, or that she isn't Alayne. If you do the math, Petyr wasn't in Gulltown when Alayne would have been conceived.

Related, I actually came here to guess that Bronn is the child of the Waynwood girl and her Sellsword. I have zero evidence and I hate all the secret identity theories, but I thought it could be funny enough for head canons or fanfic. Especially since show Bronn ended up with Highgarden, book Bronn getting the Vale would be amusing but imo not really in line with anything relevant.

I assume that real leader of Others is some kind of hivemind. Either collective of all Others or only including their own version of greense'ers. Or individual White Walkers are only servants of that collective. So there is no easy solution that killing only one WW will stop their invasion. But only way to finally stop them would be either kill all of them or at least their "greense'ers" that can raise and control corpses. 

2 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

I assume that real leader of Others is some kind of hivemind. Either collective of all Others or only including their own version of greense'ers. Or individual White Walkers are only servants of that collective. So there is no easy solution that killing only one WW will stop their invasion. But only way to finally stop them would be either kill all of them or at least their "greense'ers" that can raise and control corpses. 

I am convinced that GRRM is playing with emergent behaviours of complex systems. The wights and WW are what happens when you feed too many human souls to the weirwoods and surrounding forest. Greenseers might be able to use and influence the system but not fully control it.

There will be no way to stop the process, but there will be ways for some to survive until the soul storm passes.

11 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

He found chambers full of bones, shafts that plunged deep into the earth, a place where the skeletons of gigantic bats hung upside down from the ceiling. He even crossed the slender stone bridge that arched over the abyss and discovered more passages and chambers on the far side. One was full of singers, enthroned like Brynden in nests of weirwood roots that wove under and through and around their bodies. Most of them looked dead to him, but as he crossed in front of them their eyes would open and follow the light of his torch, and one of them opened and closed a wrinkled mouth as if he were trying to speak.

A Dance with Dragons - Bran III

• 1 month later...

and another one I just thought :P: young Bloody Ben Blackwood is supposed to be a parallel to Edric "Ned" Dayne, as young leaders fighting in Riverlands! and oh.. Ned is the leader of another faction of brotherhood without banners, he will be the one who fights lady Stoneheart but her mortal ending will be in the hands of Arya. Ned -like his uncle Arthur- will be a friend of the smallfolk and the Sword of the Morning:) 

2 hours ago, EggBlue said:

and another one I just thought :P: young Bloody Ben Blackwood is supposed to be a parallel to Edric "Ned" Dayne, as young leaders fighting in Riverlands! and oh.. Ned is the leader of another faction of brotherhood without banners, he will be the one who fights lady Stoneheart but her mortal ending will be in the hands of Arya. Ned -like his uncle Arthur- will be a friend of the smallfolk and the Sword of the Morning:) 

Where is Ned now?

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Where is Ned now?

but of course Riverlands! he is helping out the smallfolk in repairing their homes and having their last harvest. he and his men protect villages from thieves, broken men ,etc . the reason we haven't heard of him yet is LSH's hangings have caught everyone's attention. I mean.. he's gotta do something to be worthy of Dawn instead of Darkstar...right?

Baseless predictions? Brilliant, here we go. Fire magic and ice magic will annihilate one another in the end. Neither Daenerys nor Jon Snow (who will be the main opponents in the end) will ever make it to the Iron Throne (which - as an object - won't propably exist anymore).

Azor Ahai and the Prince who was Promised will both turn out to be Daenerys. But she will defeat the Others and their Ice Magic only by sacrifying herself and her dragons. Which means: Azor Ahai and Nissa Nissa will be one and the same person - her.

The aftermath of the story will be similar to the aftermath of The Lord of the Rings: magic is gone and the maesters will take over. (Just like in LOTR - all elves and other creatures move on to a magical land and the following age is the age of mankind).

YAS the Baseless thread LIVES!

The Others are nice people who only want Santa to come for everyone in Planetos. 

17 hours ago, Shagwell the mad jester said:

The aftermath of the story will be similar to the aftermath of The Lord of the Rings: magic is gone and the maesters will take over. (Just like in LOTR - all elves and other creatures move on to a magical land and the following age is the age of mankind).

I think it was only the elves that left, the dwarves might have stayed....I'd have to check again. 

Baseless prediction:

I think I've made this post before here, or on another site, but I predict that the North will be abandoned by humans - pushed south by winter and the Others or willingly relinquisced after - and left as a land for the COTF, the direwolves, giants, etc. with maybe only a few people guarding the territory (like the Night's Watch or the wildings). Maybe this will be a solution for the conflict with the Others. I think these, the COTF, the Old Gods and the First Men are linked and there's some kind of balance that needs to be restored in Westeros and only someone like a Stark can accomplish this.

First, I had thought of a physical separation, like the Hammer of Waters, but a non-physical separation seems more feasible. I think the south of Westeros will remain a whole kingdom with maybe only Dorne gaining independence.

Archived