Baseless Predictions Thread

The Bard of Banefort

3 hours ago, Lady Anna said:

Baseless prediction:

I think I've made this post before here, or on another site, but I predict that the North will be abandoned by humans - pushed south by winter and the Others or willingly relinquisced after - and left as a land for the COTF, the direwolves, giants, etc. with maybe only a few people guarding the territory (like the Night's Watch or the wildings). Maybe this will be a solution for the conflict with the Others. I think these, the COTF, the Old Gods and the First Men are linked and there's some kind of balance that needs to be restored in Westeros and only someone like a Stark can accomplish this.

First, I had thought of a physical separation, like the Hammer of Waters, but a non-physical separation seems more feasible. I think the south of Westeros will remain a whole kingdom with maybe only Dorne gaining independence.

Martell means hammer, just sayin'!

5 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I think it was only the elves that left, the dwarves might have stayed....I'd have to check again. 

How many female dwarfs existed in Middle Earth? So answer to that question might explain why their race did not have any future. After all even Boltons had at least one female relative when dwarfs seemed to have no females at all:P

One day Jon will discover that Robb made him a legitimate son of Eddard Stark (and his heir). The North will acknowledge him to be a true Stark - an old dream come true. (It will obviously come with a position but whether it's King-in-the-North or regent to Rickon or something else is not an essential part of this prediction.) It will mean a great deal to him. However, by that time he will have discovered or at least will have started to suspect that Ned Stark was not his biological father. It won't be public knowledge (yet), but Jon will know. It will cause an identity crisis, and he will feel honour-bound to refuse his legitimate Stark status, maybe refuse kingship, just as he refused the lordship that Stannis offered to him. After that, I see two possibilities. Either circumstances will force him to become the de facto leader of the North all the same, and in the course of that, his identity as a Stark and a true son of Eddard Stark (in every respect that matters!) will be confirmed (regardless of the identity of his biological father). Or this refusal will enable him to start his own course of action to save humanity (Last Hero style).

19 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

How many female dwarfs existed in Middle Earth? So answer to that question might explain why their race did not have any future. After all even Boltons had at least one female relative when dwarfs seemed to have no females at all:P

"It's true you don't see many dwarf women. In fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance that they're often mistaken for dwarf men. And this in turn has given rise to the belief that there are no dwarf women. And the dwarves just spring out of holes in the ground, which is of course ridiculous."

Night's King was a Stark, or rather, he was not a Stark, as Stark wasn't the name they used back then. After that disgrace and shame, Starks' ancestors not only had all the records destroyed, but further disassociated themselves from NK by getting a new name and also a new coat of arms, which they most likely took from Gaven Greywolf.

11 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Night's King was a Stark, or rather, he was not a Stark, as Stark wasn't the name they used back then.

House Stark did exist at the time, they were the Kings of Winter.

Check the wiki for more informations, I also believe he was a Stark and it will play a part in the future Long Night.

4 hours ago, Willam Stark said:

House Stark did exist at the time, they were the Kings of Winter.

Check the wiki for more informations, I also believe he was a Stark and it will play a part in the future Long Night.

We would(and also the people from the books in the time frame we read)  know them as "Starks" since they are the ancestors of the family that now call themselves "Stark" but they may not have been Starks at that time. Changing coat of arms (Tolands' ghost being changed to a dragon) or taking on your wife's coat of arms (Orys Baratheon taking Durrandon stag), or even taking on her family name(Joffrey Lydden getting crowned as a Lannister) are all things that have precedence. What was the house called before "Stark"? I'd say Brandon, just like the house that Durran Godsgrief founded was called Durrandon.

Princess Martell tried to first betroth Cersei and Oberyn, which Tywin refuses by saying Cersei is to marry Rhaegar after this refusal, she proposes a Jamie-Elia marriage and again, is refused, this time with a suggestion that Elia be betrothed to Tyrion... and what happens next? Elia is married to Rhaegar. Aerys II married Rhaegar with Elia to slight Tywin.

56 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Princess Martell tried to first betroth Cersei and Oberyn, which Tywin refuses by saying Cersei is to marry Rhaegar after this refusal, she proposes a Jamie-Elia marriage and again, is refused, this time with a suggestion that Elia be betrothed to Tyrion... and what happens next? Elia is married to Rhaegar. Aerys II married Rhaegar with Elia to slight Tywin.

Also to thwart Tywin from making a powerful political alliance, especially given that Aerys seems to despise the Dornish.

• 4 weeks later...

You didn't think I was done making baseless predictions, did you? Mwahahaha

Daario will betray Dany.

Dany will not make it to Westeros in TWOW. If she does, it will be on the last page of her last chapter.

Sansa/Alayne will broker a betrothal between Mya and Lothor, earning their loyalty. This will be her first step towards gaining her own allies that prefer her to Littlefinger. 

To expand on my AshaxAurane prediction, he could be a massive asset if she and Theon manage to escape Stannis and try to take the Seastone Chair back from Euron. With the Iron Fleet gone, Aurane's stolen dromonds would come in handy. Plus, houses Velaryon and Greyjoy need to merge at some point. It is known. 

5 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Plus, houses Velaryon and Greyjoy need to merge at some point. It is known. 

a union between proud eastern island and western piracy islands ?!:P

If I may add a prediction to yours... Barry will ultimately betray Dany... the one guy she fully trusts...poor girl..

5 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

a union between proud eastern island and western piracy islands ?!:P

If I may add a prediction to yours... Barry will ultimately betray Dany... the one guy she fully trusts...poor girl..

Agreed! One of my first baseless predictions was that Dany will feed Barry to Drogon after he betrays her for fAegon.

When you think about it, the Greyjoys are probably more powerful (and maybe even more wealthy) than the Velaryons are now. Plus, that black and white hair symbolism. 

On 12/29/2021 at 7:13 PM, Julia H. said:

One day Jon will discover that Robb made him a legitimate son of Eddard Stark (and his heir). The North will acknowledge him to be a true Stark - an old dream come true. (It will obviously come with a position but whether it's King-in-the-North or regent to Rickon or something else is not an essential part of this prediction.) It will mean a great deal to him. However, by that time he will have discovered or at least will have started to suspect that Ned Stark was not his biological father. It won't be public knowledge (yet), but Jon will know. It will cause an identity crisis, and he will feel honour-bound to refuse his legitimate Stark status, maybe refuse kingship, just as he refused the lordship that Stannis offered to him. After that, I see two possibilities. Either circumstances will force him to become the de facto leader of the North all the same, and in the course of that, his identity as a Stark and a true son of Eddard Stark (in every respect that matters!) will be confirmed (regardless of the identity of his biological father). Or this refusal will enable him to start his own course of action to save humanity (Last Hero style).

He could name either Bran or Rickon as his heir and remain childless if he wants to avoid feeling like he swindled Ned Stark’s kids’ inheritance. 

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

You didn't think I was done making baseless predictions, did you? Mwahahaha

Alive for two years....quite the impressive achievement. Undermined, however, by the fact that it only took two months for Arya's Mental Illness to reach fourteen pages. Meanwhile, my threads have a hard time reaching six or seven pages!

48 minutes ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

Alive for two years....quite the impressive achievement. Undermined, however, by the fact that it only took two months for Arya's Mental Illness to reach fourteen pages. Meanwhile, my threads have a hard time reaching six or seven pages!

I think the most active topic I ever started was about whether Barristan would have beaten Sansa if he was still one of Joffrey’s kingsguard in ACOK. Quite the debate.

The funny thing about Arya is that she’s such a popular character, but there’s very little discussion/theorizing about her. Sansa is a less popular character, but there’s tons of theorizing about her.

4 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

The funny thing about Arya is that she’s such a popular character, but there’s very little discussion/theorizing about her. Sansa is a less popular character, but there’s tons of theorizing about her.

You know which of the two Danystans hate the most. So inevitably derailed. The mental illness thread was OK in patches, and I started something similar earlier which thankfully got archived when threatened by the usual irrationality 

11 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Agreed! One of my first baseless predictions was that Dany will feed Barry to Drogon after he betrays her for fAegon.

When you think about it, the Greyjoys are probably more powerful (and maybe even more wealthy) than the Velaryons are now. Plus, that black and white hair symbolism. 

Greyjoys have a more powerful fleet but I think Velaryons are still more wealthy since : a) their geographical situation in trade routes b) their fertile soil... so, it would be quite a match. plus , Ironislands have a terrible culture that Velaryons don't ( although they come from monstrous old Valerya!).. maybe Velaryons be good influence on them!

9 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

good point! maybe because her story is somewhat detached from the rest of the characters?

5 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

You know which of the two Danystans hate the most. So inevitably derailed. The mental illness thread was OK in patches, and I started something similar earlier which thankfully got archived when threatened by the usual irrationality 

I think it depends on whether you’re talking to show fans or book fans. A lot of show-Dany fans hate Sansa because of the dumb Jonerys vs. Jonsa thing. I think there’s also a certain resentment of Arya because she kills a lot of people but is still considered a good person, whereas on the show at least, Dany became a villain.

Archived