Baseless Predictions Thread

The Bard of Banefort

1 hour ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I think it depends on whether you’re talking to show fans or book fans.

Some of the ones here (Dstans) have admitted to skipping POVs which didn't 'interest' them, coincidentally the ones of the characters they hate, or at least dislike. So selective denial guys go all out on asserting their prejudices. 

A lot of show-Dany fans hate Sansa because of the dumb Jonerys vs. Jonsa thing.

The Dstans here have been mostly indifferent to the abomination except when protesting what the finale did to their fairy godmother

I think there’s also a certain resentment of Arya because she kills a lot of people but is still considered a good person, whereas on the show at least, Dany became a villain.

Damn it, when the hell will Winds come out!? I'm close to blowing my brains out anyway, it's one of the few things I have to do before i die.

1 hour ago, EggBlue said:

good point! maybe because her story is somewhat detached from the rest of the characters?

I can assure u there'd been a lot of discussions going on about Arya like a year ago, but people probably don't bring it up anymore bc these discussions never had a happy ending. 

3 hours ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

I think it depends on whether you’re talking to show fans or book fans. A lot of show-Dany fans hate Sansa because of the dumb Jonerys vs. Jonsa thing. I think there’s also a certain resentment of Arya because she kills a lot of people but is still considered a good person, whereas on the show at least, Dany became a villain.

I hate show (S7 and 8) Sansa because she was a bitch to Dany, who essentially dropped everything and came up north, to that damn frozen wasteland. I could give two shits about Jonsa, so long as they treat Dany fine. 

1 hour ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I hate show (S7 and 8) Sansa because she was a bitch to Dany, who essentially dropped everything and came up north, to that damn frozen wasteland. I could give two shits about Jonsa, so long as they treat Dany fine. 

I liked Sansa prior to S8 but I still hated her for being like that to Dany which ,by the way , made no sense at all... I mean ... the woman has not only come to your aid but with 3 magical weapons that can roast you in a heart beat! even if you don't like her and your head's all about "what about the North?! Blah Blah Blah.." at least show some respect ... fight with some cunny! didn't you learn anything about diplomatic behavior?!

2 hours ago, Jaenara Belarys said:

I think the show wanted to make a point that the war over an iron chair was pointless and Sansa wanted to spare her already depleted forces any more blood shed. But all we got was Sansa and Arya going like “you can’t sit with us!” :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Harry the Hair said:

I think the show wanted to make a point that the war over an iron chair was pointless and Sansa wanted to spare her already depleted forces any more blood shed. But all we got was Sansa and Arya going like “you can’t sit with us!” :dunno:

They did a fine job of illustrating that point then. 

22 minutes ago, Harry the Hair said:

You take those words back! Plenty of sheep got butchered and many more were sold off for the iron chair that was promised. All of these were done so Dany can sit her son on that chair instead of a high chair.

21 hours ago, EggBlue said:

I liked Sansa prior to S8 but I still hated her for being like that to Dany which ,by the way , made no sense at all...

Did you missed what D&D were implying? -> Sansa had a crush on Jon, she was in love with him, so she was against Dany, because she was JEALOUS.

GRRM was originally intending to insert into the plot Jon+Arya-ship, though D&D hooked up Arya with Gendry, so instead they inserted into the show a JonSa-ship.

8 minutes ago, Megorova said:

Did you missed what D&D were implying? -> Sansa had a crush on Jon, she was in love with him, so she was against Dany, because she was JEALOUS.

GRRM was originally intending to insert into the plot Jon+Arya-ship, though D&D hooked up Arya with Gendry, so instead they inserted into the show a JonSa-ship.

they really committed to the Cersei 2.0 thing. ha?! if there was one more episode we probably would have seen Sansa expressing her love to her "brother" in front of a weirwood... 

11 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

they really committed to the Cersei 2.0 thing. ha?! if there was one more episode we probably would have seen Sansa expressing her love to her "brother" in front of a weirwood... 

Original draft had Arya having feelings for Arya and Tyrion for Arya, but with the five year gap scrapped, Sansa is more suitable in age and guess what? Sansa had a marriage with Tyrion.

Bran's coming home in TWOW.  Rickon will have something important to contribute to the story, but he won't survive. 

After KL goes kaboom, Harrenhal will become the new capital, marking the end of the Targaryen reign and the reintroduction of magic into the world (plus breaking the curse). 

Speaking of which, Cersei blowing the capital up with wildfire is a red herring and was something that the show did just to please fans, much like Cleganebowl. 

To add onto one of my original predictions that Aegon will try to marry both Arianne and Sansa, I don't think the feeling will be mutual. Sansa does not have Arianne's ambition and she no longer wants to marry the beautiful prince. Her finding a way out of another royal betrothal will be a huge development in her taking control of her own destiny. 

I realize I forgot to include the prediction that I came back to this thread to make in the first place:

The Night’s Watch will continue at the end of the series. The Others won’t be permanently defeated, only contained with magic. In another 8,000 years, they’ll be another generation’s problem.

36 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Bran's coming home in TWOW.  Rickon will something important to contribute to the story, but he won't survive. 

After KL goes kaboom, Harrenhal will become the new capital, marking the end of the Targaryen reign and the reintroduction of magic into the world (plus breaking the curse). 

Speaking of which, Cersei blowing the capital up with wildfire is a red herring and was something that the show did just to please fans, much like Cleganebowl. 

To add onto one of my original predictions that Aegon will try to marry both Arianne and Sansa, I don't think the feeling will be mutual. Sansa does not have Arianne's ambition and she no longer wants to marry the beautiful prince. Her finding a way out of another royal betrothal will be a huge development in her taking control of her own destiny. 

Starks seem to be against magic. Brandon of the Bloody Blade slays children. Stark kings kill Gaven Greywolf, Warg King and his sons, beasts and greenseers, they also kill the last Marsh King as well all of them wiped out unlike most of the houses they conquer. They build the wall and it has magical wards to prevent magical beings' passage. Why are they against magic?

16 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Starks seem to be against magic. Brandon of the Bloody Blade slays children. Stark kings kill Gaven Greywolf, Warg King and his sons, beasts and greenseers, they also kill the last Marsh King as well all of them wiped out unlike most of the houses they conquer. They build the wall and it has magical wards to prevent magical beings' passage. Why are they against magic?

I assume that Starks wanted to eliminate anybody who could challenge them and someone who had access to magic would have been huge potential threat to their health and status unless Starks had some way to control those magic users and so gain total monopoly of magic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 2:14 PM, Alexis-something-Rose said:
  •  
  • I think the POV character for the prologue of TWoW will be Sybell Spicer

I'm not sure if "advertisement" like this is allowed, but I have actually written a fan-made "The Winds of Winter" prologue with my own character, Ferestan Spicer, who's a speculative cousin of Jeyne Westerling. Check it out if you want :) 

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13555999/1/The-Winds-of-Winter-Prologue-chapter-and-Arya-III-chapter

It mostly takes place in Braavos, with proximity to Arya, but the young lord Spicer also thinks about his family, House Spicer, and specifically Jeyne, and her fate and possible pregnancy and so forth...

Archived