The Starks: Rulers of a Frozen Hell

James West

48 minutes ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Bloodraven is Obi Wan and Bran is Darth Vader. 

Evidence? Bloodraven is a dude that did something so bad he was sent to the Wall by his own blood. The nature focused guru that helps the protagonist out of the kindness of their heart is a trope, and GRRM likes subverting and exploring them. Why would the COTF want to help Bran? Why would they want to help BR? Is he even still alive?

On 12/24/2020 at 2:47 PM, James West said:

"Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven"

Jon Snow and Arya Stark cannot be expected to have the wisdom and humility of Torrhen.  It is only a matter of time until Bran Stark betrays Brynden Rivers and rejects his teachings.  Rickon Stark is not going to be an altar boy unless it's to slit people's throats in front of the weirwoods.  Jon and Arya have proven that they cannot function within the boundaries of rules and laws.  The Starks will choose independence over being a part of a Queendom/Kingdom/Empire.  The barrier called Moat Cailin and the Neck will prevent the Targaryen forces from advancing from the South.  The land will not be united.  I would not put it past the Starks to use their skin changing powers to use wights and other creatures in battle.  They will be able to hold off any advance from the South.  And they will reap the consequences of that decision.   They will get their independence and their freedom but they will rule over a frozen hell with few living inhabitants.  A pact with the Others will be involved which may require the Starks to give a son every so often. 

This post makes no sense whatsoever.

8 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

This post makes no sense whatsoever.

The most lucid, concise, precise, accurate statement of this thread, if it can be called that at all. 

38 minutes ago, CamiloRP said:

I don't know if optimistic... maybe dreamer? is that the correct translation? anyhow, thanks!

Dreamers change the world. I too dream, but since I'm a teen, it's usually naked women. Just kidding. And I'm the one to thank you. Atb

On 12/28/2020 at 7:18 AM, Quoth the raven, said:

Bloodraven is Obi Wan and Bran is Darth Vader. 

I: What about the families: Are the Starks, say, the Green Bay Packers? 

GRRM: Whenever I propose analogies like that, fans jump in with their own ideas, but it depends on what team you root for. To me, the Starks Bloodraven and anyone who kills Darth Bran are heroes, so they would be the Giants. (x

On 12/24/2020 at 3:47 PM, James West said:

Jon Snow and Arya Stark cannot be expected to have the wisdom and humility of Torrhen.  It is only a matter of time until Bran Stark betrays Brynden Rivers and rejects his teachings.  Rickon Stark is not going to be an altar boy unless it's to slit people's throats in front of the weirwoods.  Jon and Arya have proven that they cannot function within the boundaries of rules and laws.  The Starks will choose independence over being a part of a Queendom/Kingdom/Empire.  The barrier called Moat Cailin and the Neck will prevent the Targaryen forces from advancing from the South.  The land will not be united.  I would not put it past the Starks to use their skin changing powers to use wights and other creatures in battle.  They will be able to hold off any advance from the South.  And they will reap the consequences of that decision.   They will get their independence and their freedom but they will rule over a frozen hell with few living inhabitants.  A pact with the Others will be involved which may require the Starks to give a son every so often. 

Arrogant or not, they will come back to Winterfell and control the north.  The north will be a kingdom of a King of Winter again.  The Others can be bought off with offerings of baby boys from the family.  Craster’s son is at the Wall.  He’s a Stark The Starks and Craster are related.  The NK, Starks, Craster, and Karstarks are connected by blood.

6 hours ago, Prince Rhaego Targaryen said:

The Others can be bought off with offerings of baby boys from the family.  Craster’s son is at the Wall.  He’s a Stark The Starks and Craster are related.  The NK, Starks, Craster, and Karstarks are connected by blood.

I'd like to say that sounds like crackpot, but let's be honest, it's the kind of fucked up shit GRRM would consider to be a bittersweet ending

Giving one boy was enough to buy Craster his freedom.  His keep is nothing to brag about. To buy peace for the north would require more than one.  Maybe more bargaining material will be needed.  The Starks can give up the body of the NK and his NQ if they are resting in the crypts.

Westeros Lost.  The Lord Commander has betrayed the brotherhood who were assigned to guard her.  That small decision was made without hate or harmful intent on the part of Jon but it will lead to the fall of the watch.

They may choose to stay because of the affection they have for Winterfell.  It may be that and nothing more complex.  The Others will have to accept them.  What will the Starks offer to the Others?  A son of the house is a good guess.  Nations send their sons to war to buy and keep their freedom.  Every lord who wish to stay will need to donate a son to the Others. 

On 12/24/2020 at 3:55 PM, Widowmaker 811 said:

Bran, the Star Wars inspired betrayal.  Blood raven served Westeros and the royal family for a long time.  He deserves better.  Bran will have to employ some type of a dirty trick to overpower Bloodraven.  He’s not learned enough to fight the master. 

Bran has more abilities.  He could learn just enough to be dangerous.  A lot of power but without the training and the wisdom on its appropriate use. 

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lilac & Gooseberries said:

This is getting old but can any supporter of this thing provide any evidence from the text?

That indeed is the question. So far as I can tell, most posts of this genre are 90% speculation and 10% fanfic. Time may tell.

Archived