The fate of Princess Aerea Targaryen

Anthony Appleyard

For speculations about the fate of Princess Aerea Targaryen, see these two Youtube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRwE6XAnzKE The Most Shocking Death Won't Be Shown On TV! What Happened To Aerea Targaryen & Balerion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDeMAp5B-a8  ASOIAF Theories: Firewyrms and the Strange Case of Aerea Targaryen

2 hours ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

I think she got fantasy radiation poisoning. Fire magic tends to pollute the land, water, and sky like nuclear radiation/fallout.

It would fit with the whole dragons=A-bombs thing for remnants of Valyria to be basically the Chernobyl exclusion zone

5 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Jokes apart, I'd prefer it to remain a mystery because it lends an air of spookiness that's usually missing in huge fantasy sagas. 

I think that the creatures that crippled and nearly killed Balerion will make an appearance in the final book.

Same thing with the creatures that killed Aerea. I think they too will make a comeback.

The one thing those things have in common outside of Valyria is the implication that they seem to be sea-dwelling beasts. Euron has gone to Valyria. If the foreshadowing of him being a skinchanger, a blood-mage or both pays off, then we can see Euron raising these horrors from the ocean floor and using them as weapons of war.

Pretty cool idea for a finale. Euron with Cthulu as his mount versus Daenerys and Dragon

Daenerys and Drogon are very good stand-ins/successors for Aerea and Balerion. Maybe this time, instead of the Targaryen princess dying and the dragon surviving, maybe the Targaryen princess will survive and the dragon dies.

25 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:
6 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

Jokes apart, I'd prefer it to remain a mystery because it lends an air of spookiness that's usually missing in huge fantasy sagas. 

I think that the creatures that crippled and nearly killed Balerion will make an appearance in the final book.

Same thing with the creatures that killed Aerea. I think they too will make a comeback.

I doubt it. I think that Valyria is part of the background of cool references and mysteries, kinda like Sothroyos and everything beyond the Bone Mountains.

26 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

Daenerys and Drogon are very good stand-ins/successors for Aerea and Balerion. Maybe this time, instead of the Targaryen princess dying and the dragon surviving, maybe the Targaryen princess will survive and the dragon dies.

That is something I'd really like to see. Dany's whole character is based on getting power and using it to help others. Till now her inner conflict and grow has been based on what to do to balance those two tenets of her character, but what would happen if you completely remove the basis of her power ever since AGOT, aka her dragons? The character potential is enormous.

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I doubt it. I think that Valyria is part of the background of cool references and mysteries, kinda like Sothroyos and everything beyond the Bone Mountains.

Have you read "The Forsaken" chapter?

The main plot of the series has a direct link to Valyria. Arya is with the Faceless Men, the Targaryens and Velaryons are Valyrian, Cersei is nearly obsessed with emulating Valyrian customs, Valyria was called the Land of Always Summer and the Land of Always Winter is tied to the Stark family, Euron Greyjoy has picked up more than a few trinkets and tools from Valyria (it's how he won the Kingsmoot), House Dayne are linked to Valyria, etc.

The main plot of the series does not have a direct link to Sothryos or anything east of the Bones.

That's the difference.

Just now, BlackLightning said:

Have you read "The Forsaken" chapter?

The main plot of the series has a direct link to Valyria. Arya is with the Faceless Men, the Targaryens and Velaryons are Valyrian, Cersei is nearly obsessed with emulating Valyrian customs, Valyria was called the Land of Always Summer and the Land of Always Winter is tied to the Stark family, Euron Greyjoy has picked up more than a few trinkets and tools from Valyria (it's how he won the Kingsmoot), House Dayne are linked to Valyria, etc.

The main plot of the series does not have a direct link to Sothryos or anything east of the Bones.

That's the difference.

True, but like the Land of always winter, I don't think we're ever really going to see it, it's going to be more of a mysterious source of magic, then an actual place. So therefore I doubt we'd see the fire creatures either

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

True, but like the Land of always winter, I don't think we're ever really going to see it, it's going to be more of a mysterious source of magic, then an actual place. So therefore I doubt we'd see the fire creatures either

I think we'll see the Lands of Always Winter too. Maybe not directly in a POV but we'll see it. Bran saw something in the Heart of Winter that made him cry. Something that might be the reason for the invasion of the Others.

I don't think we'll see Valyria. But the Dragonbinder horn is a instrument taken from Valyrian. We've seen that. Euron's suit of Valyrian steel is of course...Valyrian. We've seen and will see that. All of the Valyrian steel swords of the series...are well, Valyrian steel. Dragonglass is something that was widely used in the Valyrian Freehold...that's why Dragonstone was so important to the Valyrians because the fortress is sitting on a deposit of dragonglass. It's also a valuable tool against the Others. The grey plague and all of its victims are a result of the Doom of Valyria...we seem to be headed towards some kind of pandemic in Westeros courtesy of Jon Connington and Shireen Baratheon.

Why can't Euron enthrall one of those Valyrian creatures and use it as a warhorse? He's already obsessed with Valyria. He wants a Valyrian bride in Daenerys Targaryen. He wants a dragon which is a fire creature. What's one more?

I know that fan-fiction is off-topic here, but some fan-fiction likely shows the way that some people think that the book or movie timeline will run after the last of what has been published. For example, some fan-fiction shows Jon Snow as surviving and becoming next king of Westeros.

5 dragons came to Dragonstone with Aenar, and presumably Balerion was the youngest of them. Likely, to the 5 add any eggs or hatchlings, or "young drakes" (as one book called other dragons which were too small to be ridden) (or at least those that were too small to fly that far and had to ride on a ship) that came with them. Likely, on the 5 dragons, according to their size, as well as their pilots, also rode as many extra men that they could comfortably carry that far, to help to get Dragonstone ready for the ships arriving.

I have seen a drawing of two Valyrians, one of who had a small black dragon hatchling riding on his shoulder. That image gave me ideas of Daenys having her history-changing dream in an armchair with newly-hatched Balerion sleeping on her shoulder. And a saying "Even Balerion was once a hatchling", meaning "Most things must start small".

8 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

It's not though... If we go by legend it's a result of the destruction of Chroyanne by the Freehold and the Rhoynar King who's name I can't recall.

Right.

Okay...but it's still tied to Valyria.

The Rhoynar King's name is Garin. One of Arianne's friends is named after him. I remember that specifically because I remember reading the Queenmaker chapter and thinking "Garin is a nice name for a boy."

6 hours ago, Anthony Appleyard said:

I have seen a drawing of two Valyrians, one of who had a small black dragon hatchling riding on his shoulder. That image gave me ideas of Daenys having her history-changing dream in an armchair with newly-hatched Balerion sleeping on her shoulder. And a saying "Even Balerion was once a hatchling", meaning "Most things must start small".

What an artful imagination.

I'm not being sarcastic. You have a gift.

8 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

That is something I'd really like to see. Dany's whole character is based on getting power and using it to help others. Till now her inner conflict and grow has been based on what to do to balance those two tenets of her character, but what would happen if you completely remove the basis of her power ever since AGOT, aka her dragons? The character potential is enormous.

Yep.

I imagine Daenerys and friends vanquishing the likes of Euron, Cersei, Littlefinger, UnGregor, the Others and maybe even Tyrion but losing Drogon in the process.

I can also imagine Daenerys being left dragonless with Jon Snow as the last dragonrider with Rhaegal for his mount.

GRRM seems to have missed a chance for a dramatic "Dracarys" moment: at Astapor in the dysentery ("pale mare") plague getting Drogon to quickly burn up a mass of highly infected contaminated dead bodies. Afterwards, she would have to persuade Drogon to go for a swim in the sea to clean himself. As for flying transport, she rides on Drogon's one pair of wings, but the "pale mare" rides on the wings of milllions of dung-bred flies. At a safe distance, a priest of one of the local religions says funeral.

7 hours ago, Anthony Appleyard said:

GRRM seems to have missed a chance for a dramatic "Dracarys" moment: at Astapor in the dysentery ("pale mare") plague getting Drogon to quickly burn up a mass of highly infected contaminated dead bodies. Afterwards, she would have to persuade Drogon to go for a swim in the sea to clean himself. As for flying transport, she rides on Drogon's one pair of wings, but the "pale mare" rides on the wings of milllions of dung-bred flies. At a safe distance, a priest of one of the local religions says funeral.

The thing about dysentary is that the dead who died from it are not contagious. Dysentary is a water born illness, which is why the Meereneese are becoming sick even as the Slaver armies also suffer. Both sides are using water from the Skahazadan, which also happens to be where they are dumping the dead bodies. I imagine that Tyrion's skill at managing drains will become useful for Meereen at some point.

On 12/26/2020 at 8:47 PM, Nathan Stark said:

The thing about dysentary is that the dead who died from it are not contagious. Dysentary is a water born illness, which is why the Meereneese are becoming sick even as the Slaver armies also suffer. Both sides are using water from the Skahazadan, which also happens to be where they are dumping the dead bodies. I imagine that Tyrion's skill at managing drains will become useful for Meereen at some point.

The bodies may be contagious to handle if they got dirtied with dysentery discharge.

On 12/26/2020 at 3:47 PM, Nathan Stark said:

Tyrion?  It will be Marwyn the medicine man who will know what to do.  

Archived