The fate of Princess Aerea Targaryen

Anthony Appleyard

1 hour ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Tyrion?  It will be Marwyn the medicine man who will know what to do.  

Tyrion handled the drains of Casterly Rock for a year because his father ordered him too one time. Tyrion says the water was never so clean as when he ran the sewage there. We were introduced to Meereen's sewage once, and we should expect it to come into play once more. And the drains are Tyrion's wheelhouse.

28 minutes ago, Nathan Stark said:

Tyrion handled the drains of Casterly Rock for a year because his father ordered him too one time. Tyrion says the water was never so clean as when he ran the sewage there. We were introduced to Meereen's sewage once, and we should expect it to come into play once more. And the drains are Tyrion's wheelhouse.

Don't worry they'll get dirty again when Dany comes back

The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew

Truly the American Tolkien

On 12/25/2020 at 3:04 PM, BlackLightning said:

The grey plague and all of its victims are a result of the Doom of Valyria...we seem to be headed towards some kind of pandemic in Westeros courtesy of Jon Connington and Shireen Baratheon.

I thought all those grey diseases were from a curse of the Rhoynar.  The Doom just seems to have boiled a sea, wiped out nearly a race of people and allowed the illuminati (Citadel) to rise in power.

9 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

We don’t know what made Balerion go to Valyria.  Perhaps it was his time to mate.  The wounds came from either a rival dragon or the mating ritual between dragons can get rough.  More concerned with mating, he left the little girl unprotected.  

I read once, right after Fire & Blood was published, that Balerion had some sort of homing instinct that called him to Valyria.  We know Valyria and surrounding sea are devastated to the point the sea literally smokes.  Maybe underwater volcanoes or something.   While your possibilities for the reasons for Balerion and Aerea's wounds are sound I'm thinking just going there would be enough to get burns all over your skin.  It's those nasty worms with faces that stumps me.   Ick.  

On 12/31/2020 at 9:08 PM, Curled Finger said:

I thought all those grey diseases were from a curse of the Rhoynar.  The Doom just seems to have boiled a sea, wiped out nearly a race of people and allowed the illuminati (Citadel) to rise in power.

They were. My fault. But the greater point I was making is still true as the Valyrians (and, by default, the Targaryens) are right in the thick of it. They are the reason for the Rhoynish curse of the grey plagues.

And there is not just one Illuminati in this world. There are three Illuminati: the Citadel, the Iron Bank and the Faceless Men.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:49 PM, Nathan Stark said:

AHHHH!!!

Great point.

Marwyn also helps by providing Westerosi medicine. Although Westeros is backwards in many things, they don't seem to be backwards in terms of medical science.

Just now, TheLastWolf said:

The Citadel is anti magic 

IB and FM same @Megorova

Third is the Warlocks 

The Iron Bank and the Faceless Men are the same?

I always imagined that they work together. But for them to be the same? Different sides of the same coin? Idk...it's possible I guess.

Why would the warlocks be the third wheel of the Illuminati tricycle? Which warlocks are you talking about? The Qartheen warlocks? Nah, fam. I can't see it.

Just now, BlackLightning said:

The Iron Bank and the Faceless Men are the same?

I always imagined that they work together. But for them to be the same? Different sides of the same coin? Idk...it's possible I guess.

Exactly! 

1 minute ago, BlackLightning said:

Why would the warlocks be the third wheel of the Illuminati tricycle? Which warlocks are you talking about? The Qartheen warlocks? Nah, fam. I can't see it.

The Qartheen Warlocks are out for revenge and world dominance might also strike them, considering Dany's nuke kids. 

Add the Others too to the Illuminati if you like ;)

21 hours ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Your forgot the Starks, led by Arya and Jon, the evilest of them all, out to bring out the Wall, blow up KL, and kill the poor innocent Boltons amd Freys

May the Fairy Godmother Queen find it in her merciful heart to forgive this humongous lapse of mine 

Amen

The girl who died was probably Rhaella, Aerea's younger sister, as they appear to have switched places.

Aerea meanwhile becomes a septa in Oldtown.

Aerea was heir to the iron throne until the birth of Daenerys.

"Remember who you are, Daenerys," the stars whispered in a woman's voice. "The dragons know. Do you?"

I would suggest that "Aerea" (Rhaella)'s died because she pretended to be someone she was not.

"I never..." is the last quote we have of the poor girl.

"So how do you like the taste of your victories now, Lord Snow?"
"Don't call me that!" Jon said sharply, but the force had gone out of his anger. Suddenly he felt ashamed and guilty. "I never … I didn't think …"

3 minutes ago, Mourning Star said:

The girl who died was probably Rhaella, Aerea's younger sister, as they appear to have switched places.

Aerea meanwhile becomes a septa in Oldtown.

Aerea was heir to the iron throne until the birth of Daenerys.

"Remember who you are, Daenerys," the stars whispered in a woman's voice. "The dragons know. Do you?"

I would suggest that "Aerea" (Rhaella)'s died because she pretended to be someone she was not.

"I never..." is the last quote we have of the poor girl.

It's also fair to point out that the name Rhaella is more connected with Dany, being her mom. So she basically gets this advice from her mom's namesake

15 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

It's also fair to point out that the name Rhaella is more connected with Dany being his mom. So she basically gets this advice from her mom's namesake

And unlike other lady hiding in Oldtown, Aerea is spelled the same forwards and back!

He spoke of dreams and never named the dreamer, of a glass candle that could not be lit and eggs that would not hatch. He said the sphinx was the riddle, not the riddler, whatever that meant. He asked Sam to read for him from a book by Septon Barth, whose writings had been burned during the reign of Baelor the Blessed.

Septon Barth, who cared for the dying Aerea and then wrote his Unnatural History.

The Sphinxes in King's Landing:

The walls were hung with tapestries from Norvos and Qohor and Lys, and a pair of Valyrian sphinxes flanked the door, eyes of polished garnet smoldering in black marble faces.

She stared in awe at the carved wooden screen and the twin sphinxes that sat beside the door.

Tyrion rested his hand on the head of the sphinx beside the door. "One parting request. Kindly make certain no harm comes to Sansa Stark. It would not do to lose both the daughters."

Meanwhile in Oldtown:

It had been Lazy Leo who dubbed Alleras "the Sphinx." A sphinx is a bit of this, a bit of that: a human face, the body of a lion, the wings of a hawk. Alleras was the same: his father was a Dornishman, his mother a black-skinned Summer Islander. His own skin was dark as teak. And like the green marble sphinxes that flanked the Citadel's main gate, Alleras had eyes of onyx.

The gates of the Citadel were flanked by a pair of towering green sphinxes with the bodies of lions, the wings of eagles, and the tails of serpents. One had a man's face, one a woman's

The sphinxes in King's Landing are Black with red eyes, while those in King's Landing are Green with Black Eyes... The Blacks and the Greens were the two sides of the Dance of Dragons.

Rhaella (Aerea)'s last appearance is in 58 AC when she traveled to King's Landing. Although her mother was said to have visited her once a year until her death in 73 AC.

I think it may be worth noting that the Lord of the Hightower at the time was Donnel the Delayer.

Lord Donnel is a schemer and a sulker. I do not trust him. Nor should you. He does what he thinks best for himself, his house, and Oldtown, and cares not a fig for anyone or anything else. Not even for his king. -Manfryd Redwyne

A year later Donnel died of the Shivers, likely brought back from Sorythos by his Grandson Eustace.

What happened to Aerea is unclear, but the Hightowers got their hair color from somewhere!

20 hours ago, Eliscat said:

The girl who died was probably Rhaella, Aerea's younger sister, as they appear to have switched places

Awesome. All of it. I read it like it was her sister and the dragon was cannibal. Didn’t they fly in from the south? Like the Hightower? And if Balerion the Black Dread went home...Dreadfort? Visenya dosnt look like a Targaryen name. It’s creepy to think if they never stop growing how large Balerion would be. At his size he’d require buoyancy.... or hibernated on ice to stop his hunger?

Didnt Seara send Maegella to the brothels and Seara stayed at the Hightower? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 7:49 PM, Nathan Stark said:

Nowadays in English, "sewage" is foul water, and "sewerage" is providing a place with foulwater drains, but I have heard the two words used to mean each other..

• 1 month later...

Archived