Nashville Christmas Day explosion

Ormond

We all probably Harbor some suspicions over who may have been responsible even though noones yet sure who did this.

I suspect the fringe right wing radicalized Trumpinista types that believe the election conspiracy bullshit Trump, Bannon, Giulliani and Beck types have been baselessly spreading. Until proven otherwise, I'm most comfortable laying this behavior at the feet of the election mongering crowd.

Related?  It does sound screwball enough: 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/21/tennessee-newspaper-ad-islam-muslims-nashville?fbclid=IwAR02kWvnkL9vUcEEBoFI5Auhkmob1BfFzKLKcGPBbR24cjHkGuNumgvzHqQ

A Tennessee newspaper said on Sunday it was investigating what its editor called a “horrific” full-page advertisement from a religious group that predicts a terrorist attack in Nashville next month.

The paid advertisement that appeared in Sunday’s editions of the Tennessean from the group Future For America claims Donald Trump “is the final president of the USA” and features a photo of Trump and Pope Francis.

It begins by claiming that a nuclear device will be detonated in Nashville and that the attack will be carried out by unspecific interests of “Islam”.

The group also ran a full-page ad in Wednesday’s editions of the newspaper stating its intention to warn Nashville residents about next month’s event “so that they may be able to make a decision intelligently”.

1 hour ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

With property damage, yes, but as a potential suicide move?? (Assuming that he human remains found by the RV belonged to the person who blew it up)

The remains were found near and not in, so that's not clear yet I guess.

Still, I think it's far too early to lay it at Trumpinistas, and if I were to put my very cynical hat on, I feel like a Trump fan lunatic enough to bomb some place would (1) not warn people and (2) be racist about their choice of location. It seems to be a method unlike any we know, certainly I've not heard of similar, so it's really tough to guess anything until we know more. Hell, it could be some kind of climate change thing. It could be someone really fed up with AT&T like FB says. Anything.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nashville-bombing-person-of-interest-identified/

Law enforcement sources told CBS News the suspect in the Nashville explosion on Christmas Day may have been killed in the blast. DNA tests are being conducted on the human remains found at the scene.

Multiple sources confirm that Anthony Quinn Warner, a Nashville area resident, has been identified as a person of interest in this case. Federal agents are currently searching his home....

It's early but there's some strange info coming out about this A.Q.Warners recent behavior......like giving away his house?

1. On November 25, 2020, he gave his Antioch house via a quit claim for $0 to Michelle Louise Swing, an unmarried woman born in 1991 and a resident of Los Angeles, California, USA.
  2. At around 6:45 a.m. on December 25, 2020, an RV exploded outside the AT&T transmission building on Second Avenue North in Nashville. The vehicle was similar to the one seen parked outside his Antioch house.

It looks like this was a suicide bombing and that the motives may not be political.

I would like to dispute the idea that downtown Nashville couldn't logically be the target of a "terrorist" attack, though. It was not completely farfetched to speculate that setting off a car bomb next to an AT&T building which housed the 911 communications hub for many places in Tennessee and Kentucky could be something terrorists would want to do. And the probable perpetrator lived in Antioch, near Nashville. Why would a "terrorist", especially a lone wolf radicalized online, want to drive all the way to Atlanta from Antioch, Tennessee when Nashville is right there? Nashville is to Tennessee what Atlanta is culturally to Georgia -- the large "liberal" city and state capitol which right wing people in rural areas love to hate. Nashville may not be large enough yet in relation to its state to turn statewide political races "purple", but I really think it is seen as a home of "liberal elites" within Tennessee the same way Atlanta would be seen that way by extreme rightwing fanatics in rural Georgia. 

well, that's sad. after the recorded message went to its final' evacuee now' it played Petula Clark's Downtown.

When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go - downtown. ....

a very eerie suicide

10 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

None reported as of yet but they had a robot out to take a looksee. The suspicious part seems to be the playing of Petula Clark.

I say take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

Two more cryptically strange items:

1. This was a 2nd house the suicide bomber gave the twentysomething Ms. Swing, he apparently gave her another home a year earlier.

2. Here's the cryptic part from Nashville P.D.

"That is a person of interest -- still there could be several more," Drake said.

4 hours ago, kairparavel said:

None reported as of yet but they had a robot out to take a looksee. The suspicious part seems to be the playing of Petula Clark.

This is so weird. It seems ridiculous but then again if it was being played so loud that people outside his truck could hear it might be pretty terrifying given the context.

It's so much like a movie. 

Can't help wondering if he ever met the woman he gave the houses to, or just encountered someone on line.

"Multiple law enforcement sources told ABC News that investigators are looking seriously at whether Warner may have been motivated, at least in part, by paranoia over 5G cellular technology.

The sources, however, caution that Warner's alleged paranoia may have extended beyond that to include a range of things, including the existence of life in outer space.

Investigators are pouring over Warner's medical history for clues about his state of mind going into Christmas, according to the sources.

Korneski said his team does not know what Warner's alleged motives were, but "are aware of certain things online, and we're looking at every possible motive." He urged anyone who knew Warner or has any information to use the FBI's tipline"

https://abcnews.go.com/US/nashville-bombing-suspect-killed-explosion-fbi/story?id=74923946

It turns out Anthony Warner mailed packages contained details of some his bizarre beliefs to several people in the day or two before he set off his suicidal explosion in downtown Nashville:

26 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Isn't there some sort of psychological disturbance where people have the idea that everyone around them is an imposter? I swear, I read it was a legit diagnosable condition. Or am I misremembering?

You may be thinking of Capgras Syndrome, though there only one or a few of the people closest to the person are thought to be impostors, not "everyone".

https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/brain-health/capgras-syndrome-dementia-are-you-a-pretender-or-real-mary

Archived