UK politics - Dry Your Eyes Mate, ...

Lykos

4 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Actually you’re right, found this on the government website:

I was also reading a Reddit thread where someone claimed that mild asthma sufferers would be included in group 6 if aged between 16-64 (and had checked with the DoH, not just a random comment) which is good to know.

I've got mild asthma and meet significant numbers due to my role, I dont mind getting it sooner rather than later.  

4 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Right.. and what happens to that debt? Just disappears? Who pays for it? If Luke owes someone money for his house, what happens to the person or business he owes money to?  Someone is always paying for these things. 

Did you not read my post? The debt travel upwards, all of it. And up and up and up it goes. All the way to the very top of the food chain, to the people at who are not going to lose their homes, or be unable to feed their children if they have to wait a bit longer to get their money.

Remember 2008. We, the people, bailed out a lot of these bastards (who continue to get richer and richer through all this) and are still paying for it. We, the people, stopped these cunts from going to the wall. It's time to repay the favour.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Did you not read my post? The debt travel upwards, all of it. And up and up and up it goes. All the way to the very top of the food chain, to the people at who are not going to lose their homes, or be unable to feed their children if they have to wait a bit longer to get their money.

Remember 2008. We, the people, bailed out a lot of these bastards (who continue to get richer and richer through all this) and are still paying for it. We, the people, stopped these cunts from going to the wall. It's time to repay the favour.

You do understand the world economy would collapse almost instantly , all banks would fail and you’d probably lose all your money right? Welcome to world war 3. Oh well, at least you don’t need to pay your rent this month, not that you’d have any money to pay it with anyway.

19 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

You do understand the world economy would collapse almost instantly , all banks would fail and you’d probably lose all your money right? Welcome to world war 3. Oh well, at least you don’t need to pay your rent this month, not that you’d have any money to pay it with anyway.

Why? It's just numbers in a spreadsheet.

And so everyone else is expected to make sacrifices, except those who can actually afford to do so.

I fail to see why, if there was an agreed moratorium on debt, any bank would collapse. 

These are extraordinary times, requiring equally extraordinary measures.

12 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Why? It's just numbers in a spreadsheet.

And so everyone else is expected to make sacrifices, except those who can actually afford to do so.

I fail to see why, if there was an agreed moratorium on debt, any bank would collapse. 

These are extraordinary times, requiring equally extraordinary measures.

That’s because you don’t understand what money is.

Lol. As demonstrated by countless rounds of Quantitative Easing since the banks fleeced trillions off us in 2008, I think we can safely say that 'money' is, quite literally, whatever our governments say it is. 

Or does magicking money out of our asses only work when it's to be given exclusively to people who are already rich?

16 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Tuesday always carries a backlog from the weekend, and this time it was a bank holiday Friday as well. All things considered, I thought it would be more than that. Still bad though of course.

Yeah, strange times when under 900 on a Tuesday is a win. 

It's going to be a long couple of months. Sigh. The rest of Jan/ Feb will inevitably see more deaths given the admissions/ cases and the time lag.

I wish I could listen more to Whitty and Vallance as opposed to this moron.

Interesting. The logical thing would be to err on the side of caution as Pebbles states up thread, hopefully that is the case

1 hour ago, DaveSumm said:

From the Streets song about a break up, due to our parting with the EU (which already happened, but the transition period ended).

You should've gone with So long and thanks for all the fish.

You can never go wrong with Douglas Adams.

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

From the Streets song about a break up, due to our parting with the EU (which already happened, but the transition period ended).

Also the third line of the chorus is 'there's plenty more fish in the sea' and the topic was made right in the midst of 'FISHING RIGHTS!' shouting.

7 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Lol. As demonstrated by countless rounds of Quantitative Easing since the banks fleeced trillions off us in 2008, I think we can safely say that 'money' is, quite literally, whatever our governments say it is. 

Or does magicking money out of our asses only work when it's to be given exclusively to people who are already rich?

There also seems to be a lack of knowledge of history when it comes to debt forgiveness. It's been a fairly well used economic tool throughout history. It was mostly used when a conquering king won a war and to get the plebs onside they would forgive all debt that was owed to the previous (evil of course) regime. The previous, and mostly current, evil regime isn't a person but rather a system. Still the principle holds, debt forgiveness due to the evils of neo-liberalism is certainly something that should be seriously discussed, and indeed some economists are making the case for it, of course they are not calling neo-liberalism the villain of the piece, but every knows it is.

Archived