UK politics - Dry Your Eyes Mate, ...

Lykos

BAME is just the latest in a list of terminology we have to use at work. Since I've been in the police there must have been 5 or 6 different terms that were now acceptable, only for someone to decide a couple of years later that actually the current one is offensive, and we need to use another one. 

I fully expect BAME to be gone in a few years as well.  It's not the worst one, VEM probably wins that title. 

32 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Fucking state of this idiot...

TBH, I don't know why he's bothering to set up his own political party. Would fit right in with Bozo's bunch of over-privileged morons. 

While he might be the second worst media whore ever behind Hopkins, he's not wrong is he? The fact that any old selfish prick can get a badge is preposterous. 

21 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

While he might be the second worst media whore ever behind Hopkins, he's not wrong is he? The fact that any old selfish prick can get a badge is preposterous. 

He’s not doing it to highlight that, he’s doing it so he can swan into shops without a mask.

He also recently held a lunch party, claining if the NHS can’t cope then it’s not fit for purpose.

5 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

In other news - UK continues to lecture other countries about green energy - whilst opening a new coal mine.

Apparently, climate change is just a local issue

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/coal-mine-cumbria-fossil-fuel-averley-b1787555.html

Oh, look, everybody. It's Corporate Britain's favourite Tory toady, Robert Jenrick, turning a blind eye because he's a corrupt piece of shit.

Lawrence Fox is a total bellend, I don't think there is much doubt about that, he's gotten progressively more irritating. There are an unfortunate number of lockdown sceptics out there in the UK who seem to think being under lockdown is something of a personal freedom issue, and I really very much disagree. There might have been a point where there was a decent argument to be made as to whether lockdown was the right measure to take at any certain time, but right now with the situation we are in, and with the vaccine coming out, most of these people are shouting into the wind and looking more and more crazy.  

As described here:
https://quillette.com/2021/01/16/rise-of-the-coronavirus-cranks/

I'm still confused as to what Fox thinks hes actually doing with his party, I mean his acting career is basically over at this point, and it wasn't up to much anyway, but what is it he actually thinks hes campaigning for? There is no deficit of patriotism and anti woke feeling in the current tory party, so where does he think the gap in the market is?

It’s the thing that people always say, I know, but I have heard folk that have met him say that Fox really isn’t very well mentally, that he genuinely is desperate for attention at any price. They did also say that he also genuinely is a bit of a prick.

I just read that his exemption is for 'anxiety'.

Anxiety caused by what, exacty? I mean, since 2016 my anxiety levels have been so bad that, until recently, I've been taking 150mg of Sertraline every day to manage it. 

Is it the act of appearing in public wearing a mask? Is that why he got his exemption? Is that enough to warrant putting fellow citizens at risk? If you're that worried stay the fuck at home. 

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

I'm still confused as to what Fox thinks hes actually doing with his party, I mean his acting career is basically over at this point, and it wasn't up to much anyway, but what is it he actually thinks hes campaigning for? There is no deficit of patriotism and anti woke feeling in the current tory party, so where does he think the gap in the market is?

I believe Morse prequel Endeavour finishes this year; if the stupid bastard had kept his mouth shut last year, he could probably have had a shot at reprising his role as Hathaway in a new follow-up to the Morse spin-off Lewis he co-starred in (so long as they found him a good sidekick to overcome his linitations).

That could have given him 8-10 years of regular work.

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I just read that his exemption is for 'anxiety'.

Anxiety caused by what, exacty? I mean, since 2016 my anxiety levels have been so bad that, until recently, I've been taking 150mg of Sertraline every day to manage it. 

Is it the act of appearing in public wearing a mask? Is that why he got his exemption? Is that enough to warrant putting fellow citizens at risk? If you're that worried stay the fuck at home. 

He didn't "get an exemption" he got a badge.
That's it.

It means only that he spaffed a couple of quid up against the wall

According to official government advice, literally all you have to do to is say that putting on a mask 'causes you severe distress', and then you're exempt. 

This is the ultimate definition of snowflake, and a terrible look for anyone with aspirations of becoming a political leader. 

25 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

I believe Morse prequel Endeavour finishes this year; if the stupid bastard had kept his mouth shut last year, he could probably have had a shot at reprising his role as Hathaway in a new follow-up to the Morse spin-off Lewis he co-starred in (so long as they found him a good sidekick to overcome his linitations).

That could have given him 8-10 years of regular work.

He was also in this god awful show White Lines which I think was quite successful on Netflix. He was actually quite good in it to be fair to him.

He has courted controversy and said things simply to try and antagonise people rather than actually act like a serious person discussing issues, which  is why I have little sympathy for his claims of being cancelled. That might have had an element of truth after his Question Time appearance but from that point he’s pushed things to a point where it isn’t surprising he can’t get work.

As for the mask thing, it really is the stupidest thing to make a stand over. 

3 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

The Rebecca Front incident was hilarious. She's a fucking star!

Happen to agree. She’s great. Fox’s lack of awareness around his use of the ‘all lives matter’ slogan really illustrated that he’s not interested in seriously engaged in issues or listening to any sort of discussion on those matters.

Archived